No announcement yet.

Confirmed: Kubiak to be interviewed for Houston job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it weren't for the fact that Reeves is now involved with the texans, I'd think Kubiak would be a good fit there.

However, since Reeves and Shanahan had rifts, and Kubiak and Shanahan get along so well, I'd imagine Kubiak would be hesitant to go in to that situation.

I'd like to see the Texans do good, and I'd also liek to see Kubiak get a head caoching job, just not one in the AFC west, and not in the NFC, not for the Ravens, Steelers, Browns, or Jets either. Sort limits the field in my view

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
      I heard he's been interviewed for head coaching jobs in the past but never got offers because he gives a piss poor interview. I wonder how he manages to do that? Like if he's asked "Where do you honestly see this team in three years?" does he say "Competing to become the first 0-16 team in history!" or what? I mean, I've never been interviewed for a head coaching job, but should it really be that hard to tell a GM what he wants to hear?
      I dont know about him giving piss poor interviews, but i do know he was offered the Texas A&M job a few years back and he flat out turned it down to stay in denver.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
        Reeves, if he's asked for his suggestions, would NEVER hire a Shanahan prodige... they didn't exactly get along. So I don't see him going to Houston.

He won't go to the Chiefs. Why would the Chiefs try to compete against Shanahan with the guy that could never get out from under Mike's shadow? Not exactly a way to build support from the Chief fans. Carl will try to make a big splash with his hiring.. and I bet he goes with an offensive minded coach to take advantage of what they have to work with right NOW.

Tice has kept his job after making such a great run at the end of the season with his back-up QB. The sex boat is NO big deal. That was completely blown out of proportion by the media. I think the only thing that was charged was a simple fine for basically indecent exposure in public. So what??

No way Al Davis has anything to do with any coach coming from Shanahan... not to mention there is NO way Kubiak puts himself in that situation after learning from Mike for so many years.

I wish he would go to a team in the AFC West (although I know it won't happen). I would love to play against him twice a year.

Saints...this is an interesting choice.

Detroit. Another very interesting choice.

St. Louis?? Noooo way. Our offense is WAyyyyyyyy too conservative for them. THey are the greatest show on turf. They are used to the offenses going DOWN the field.

I wish he would go somewhere in the AFC West (although I know that will NEVER happen).. I would LOVE to play against him twice a year!
        I had a feeling Tice might not get out of that mess with his job.
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Kubiak to Houston

ESPN is reporting that Dom Capers will be fired as Head Coach of the Houston Texans. I'm Calling it right now. Gary Kubiak will go to Houston, to be thier new head coach. Their are to many ties to that job to Ignore. Kubiak played for Texas A & M. He was ruomored for the job a few year back when they came in to the League. Also Former Denver BroncosHead Coach Dan Reeves, is a consultant for the Texans, he know Kubiak very will, do to Kubaik being the long time back up to John Elway in Denver.

(Thanks for correcting me on my Spelling I changed it
          Last edited by Southstander; 01-01-2006, 07:46 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

you best get us another super bowl win before you leave gary!

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
              ESPN is reporting that Dom Capers will be fired as Head Coach of the Huston Texans. I'm Calling it right now. Gary Kubaik will go to Huston, to be thier new head coach. Their are to many ties to that job to Ignore. Kubaik played for Texas A & M. He was ruomored for the job a few year back when they came in to the League. Also Former Denver Broncos Head Coach Dan Reeves, is a consultant for the Texans, he know Kubaik very will, do to Kubaik being the long time back up to John Elway in Denver.
              Man. You must have inside information. Or, watched the nationally televised game yesterday where they gave all this information Only kidding. I'm sure it's news to some. Here's to the broncos spreading their brand of offense to the entire nfl.

Comment

eh.. not to worry Shanahan makes the calls anyways all the Broncos sucess goes to Shanahan....

Comment

Gary KUBIAK may not even go to HOUSTON if he wins a Super Bowl with the Broncos.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                  2. Taxes
                  3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

What do you mean "calling it"? Everyone and their brother has been predicting this all season. Personally, I don't want Kubiak to leave, but I can understand wanting to advance your career.
                    Last edited by Atwater His Ass; 01-01-2006, 07:04 PM.
                    Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                      Gary KUBIAK may not even go to HOUSTON if he wins a Super Bowl with the Broncos.
                      Thank you for the corrections, it was bothering me too!

Comment

I'd be surprised if all coaches in the AFC west except Mikey are not gone next year.

Marty choked, Diddle Vermiel will tuck his tale betweeen his legs and leave and of course the clown in OAK. I'm surprised that Al did not fire him at half time during the DEN game.

Comment

I think there will be one more year of "Marty Ball" in San Diego
                          Last edited by Southstander; 01-01-2006, 07:52 PM.
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
                            I think there will be one more year of "Marty Ball" in San Diego

THe team choked has some of the best talent in the league. Meriman, edwards some great young DB and good to great safety. Gates LT breeze and couple of pretty good WRs' not top ten but still 40-60 catches a year guys. MORE then we have.
                            They ahve pretty damned good O-line and Dline

They only lack at the coaching level they lost 4 HOME games.

Comment

Martz

St. Louis and Mike Martz have sepparated. He will no doubt be coaching somewhere. It would be wild to see him in Denver as the Offensive cord. Move us to the next generation.
                              This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JED Bronco
                                St. Louis and Mike Martz have sepparated. He will no doubt be coaching somewhere. It would be wild to see him in Denver as the Offensive cord. Move us to the next generation.
                                Excuse me, but I don't want an OC coming to Denver who will remove the chains that have been put on St. Jake.

Do you REALLY want St. Jake throwing the ball 30-50 times a game?

Do you even remember last season?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X