Confirmed: Kubiak to be interviewed for Houston job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JED Bronco
    St. Louis and Mike Martz have sepparated. He will no doubt be coaching somewhere. It would be wild to see him in Denver as the Offensive cord. Move us to the next generation.
    He'd have to go back to school, and learn about the running game aspect of the offense......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

We don't need a big name OC with Shannahan as the coach. I think we need more defensive help than anything on our staff.
      Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
        eh.. not to worry Shanahan makes the calls anyways all the Broncos sucess goes to Shanahan....
        Bull crap... have you not seen the interviews early in the season where Shanahan SPECIFICALLY said that he DOES NOT make all of the calls, he does have final say and if something is completely wrong he will overturn it, but, he does NOT call all of the plays.

*On edit

Gary Kubiak, Broncos: He's been mentioned for a number of jobs over the years, and rightfully so. In working closely with Shanahan, he's learned from a guy whom I consider to be one of the top five coaches in the NFL. Kubiak is the guy calling the plays in Denver, thus he's gotten outside of Shanahan's shadow in that respect. He's turned down some chances to become a head coach, and I'm sure he'll do well when the time comes.
        From: http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/ar...rticle=3044856
        "Shanahan offered this about the inner workings of the Broncos offense: The fourth-down pitch play and run by Ron Dayne was called by Gary Kubiak, not Shanahan. Kubiak calls nearly all of the plays, Shanahan said. He said he might confer with Kubiak on some calls, but Kubiak makes the bulk of them and Shanahan simply sends them in over the headset from the sideline.

Shanahan gets frustrated, he said, when he hears everyone say that he makes all decisions all the time regarding everything Broncos. He said final authority is his, but he lets his coaches coach and his scouts scout and listens to thoughts throughout the building.

He portrays himself as a man not consumed with power but as a team player who knows ultimate responsibility is his."
        Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 01-02-2006, 01:13 AM.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Confirmed: Kubiak to be interviewed for Houston job

On Coachspeak on NFL Network (well, I'm listening on NFL.com), Mike Shanahan said Texans owner Bob McNair will be flying to Denver to interview Gary Kubiak for the Texans job.
          My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

For those who missed Shanny's press conference, he said that McNair (Texans owner) will be coming to Denver this week to talk to Kubiak. Shanny said he would hate to see him go, but teams would be crazy not to hire him. I would hate to see him go, but he's paid his dues.

In re. to Martz, he could bring some great NEW things to our passing game. Don't worry Shanny oversees the game plan, and you can be sure whoever our OC will be, there will be balance between the run and pass.

Comment

I don't see Gary going to Houston. That team is still light years away from being good. All the offensive genius and Bush is no good without an ofensive line. It would take a long time to build that team into something respectable. I think Gary would hold out for a team that is closer to contention than that.

Comment

YES!!! Great News!

Comment

I'm really happy for Kubes! He's had his shots in the past, but none were the right fits.

Houston would be perfect for he and his family and it would be a class organization like the one he is so familiar with being a part of.

Since Charlie Casserly is staying the GM, I do not know if Kubes will be at the top of their list anymore like he would if Dan Reeves was taking an expanded role, but I'm happy for him that he's getting a shot.

I would hate to lose him because he's a valuable part of the team, but Houston would be a great gig for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                    I would hate to lose him because he's a valuable part of the team, but Houston would be a great gig for him.
                    I on the other hand would love to see him go.

Comment

Good for him. Best of luck and I hope he gets the job, hes been great here and he deserves a head coaching job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastermind2002
                        Why? Is the 5th ranked offence two years in a row not good enough for you?

Comment

i hope he turns the Texans team around

he must make sure to get some offensive line men

Comment

Originally posted by Mastermind2002
                            I also have to ask why....so....why?

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Kube Stay!! I know i'm selfish, but KUBE STAY!!

if he does get the job, i'ld be really happy for him, and i think he would be great there, because he knows how to develop QBs, he knows what a real offensive line should look like AND he would have the top overall pic in this years draft, so i hope reggie bush comes out this year if Kube gets the job. I hope Reggie Bush comes out either way.
                              "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

To everybody who wants Kubiak gone, remember that getting rid of people doesn't improve your team. Only getting better personnel would do that. So instead of saying get rid of Kubiak, why don't you give some names as to who would improve the team if he was to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X