X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jam1369
    replied
    Don't forget GB and StL

Seems the article in RM News said someone else besides Houston contacted Shannahan, but Shannahan wouldn't say who.

I think Green Bay would be an excellent opportunity. Favre is at the end of his career, and they need a coach to bring Rogers along. Kubes was Seiferts QB coach in SF with Steve Young, and being O coordinator with Shannahan helps.

Also St. Louis has a West Coast style offense that Kubes is used to.

I believe he would be a good fit for either of those teams. I think he might struggle in Houston. He would need time to get the players assembled to run his type of offense (Shannahan, Seifert, Walsh West Coast). St. Louis and Green Bay just need a little tweeking.

I hope there is something in his contract that would prevent him from going to KC.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Hmmmm...not a very good start.....
    Agreed, looks like a Fumble to me.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Reeves, if he's asked for his suggestions, would NEVER hire a Shanahan prodige... they didn't exactly get along. So I don't see him going to Houston.

He won't go to the Chiefs. Why would the Chiefs try to compete against Shanahan with the guy that could never get out from under Mike's shadow? Not exactly a way to build support from the Chief fans. Carl will try to make a big splash with his hiring.. and I bet he goes with an offensive minded coach to take advantage of what they have to work with right NOW.

Tice has kept his job after making such a great run at the end of the season with his back-up QB. The sex boat is NO big deal. That was completely blown out of proportion by the media. I think the only thing that was charged was a simple fine for basically indecent exposure in public. So what??

No way Al Davis has anything to do with any coach coming from Shanahan... not to mention there is NO way Kubiak puts himself in that situation after learning from Mike for so many years.

I wish he would go to a team in the AFC West (although I know it won't happen). I would love to play against him twice a year.

Saints...this is an interesting choice.

Detroit. Another very interesting choice.

St. Louis?? Noooo way. Our offense is WAyyyyyyyy too conservative for them. THey are the greatest show on turf. They are used to the offenses going DOWN the field.

I wish he would go somewhere in the AFC West (although I know that will NEVER happen).. I would LOVE to play against him twice a year!
    Hmmmm...not a very good start.....

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Looks like Houston

Leave a comment:

• evolaerok
    replied
    It'll be sad, but he deserves a HC job.

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Scheffter is now on Coach Speak with Jim Mora on the NFL Network talking about Kubiak almost certainly getting a job this year. He brought up the fact that there hasn't been much interest in him since the SB years, and that he probably will not pass up a head coaching job if he is offered one.

Leave a comment:

• BronxBroncsFan
    replied
    Is it a definite that Reeves isn't going to coach the Texans himself? He was a Dallas guy.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Whomever suggested that Mike Martz come here... Please please PLEASE hand in your Bronco-fan badge to the nearest customer service desk.

There is no way that San Diego fires Marty Schottenheimer. The man is a great coach, and has taken that team from the bottom of this division to the tops.

I personally don't care if Kubiak goes to Houston. I don't think it will hurt our team one tiny bit. I know the idea of bringing Martz here, hurts me and our team seeing it in print.
    Martz would not be a good fit for us he's never met a pass he didn't like.

Imo Marty is good coach but plays not lose rather than to win and I think that is what keeps him from being a great coach.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Native
    The only problem is, teams mainly in this situation are the ones who fire their coaches and hire new ones. I would hate to see Gary go, but if his dream is to be a head coach, what more perfect situation than Houston, since he is from Texas.
    I see your point, but I feel that the Rams, Packers, Vikings have a much better chance to be competitive now. Hopefully he would not consider the Raiders or Chiefs.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Whomever suggested that Mike Martz come here... Please please PLEASE hand in your Bronco-fan badge to the nearest customer service desk.

There is no way that San Diego fires Marty Schottenheimer. The man is a great coach, and has taken that team from the bottom of this division to the tops.

I personally don't care if Kubiak goes to Houston. I don't think it will hurt our team one tiny bit. I know the idea of bringing Martz here, hurts me and our team seeing it in print.

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    Detroit and KC at minimum
    I saw that afterwards......hopefully not KC, we wouldn't want Kube giving them any of our trade secrets

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
    I wonder who the other interested team is?

Kubiak to Interview for Texans Job

Personnaly, I think it would be a shame for Kube to go, he's almost part of the furniture he's been here that long, but whether it's Kube or Shanny that does most of the O, he's tituarly been running one of the most succesful offences in the league for the last ten years. He's earnt his shot at the big chair, and his hometown club is possibly too big a draw to turndown, even with all the problems they've got.
    Detroit and KC at minimum

Leave a comment:

• C Fizzle
    replied
    The only problem is, teams mainly in this situation are the ones who fire their coaches and hire new ones. I would hate to see Gary go, but if his dream is to be a head coach, what more perfect situation than Houston, since he is from Texas.
    There's a good chance they offer the GM job to Dan Reeves.

Leave a comment:

• C Fizzle
    replied
    There is no question about if he is an every down back. He should probably gain about 10-15 lbs. but it wouldn't be a problem if he didn't

Leave a comment:

• Denver Native
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51
    I don't see Gary going to Houston. That team is still light years away from being good. All the offensive genius and Bush is no good without an ofensive line. It would take a long time to build that team into something respectable. I think Gary would hold out for a team that is closer to contention than that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X