Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what team would you most like/dislike to come to mile high in the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jam1369
    replied
    Originally posted by So.CalBRONCOFAN
    How many threads are just like this one??

seems like quite a few..or was I just dreaming
    Probably too many. Maybe the Mods could combine them. But I've been content to reply to all as appropriate. See below.

Originally posted by Southstander
    I would hate to see NE come to Denver, I think they are peaking at the right time
    Come on Southstander...I want pay back at Mile High for that fluke loss two years ago. In two weeks the Mile High maddness will begin when we roll out the thunder.

We'll take all comers, bringem on baby!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    I would hate to see NE come to Denver, I think they are peaking at the right time

Leave a comment:

• bronxs
    replied
    Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
    I would most like to see Jacksonville. Actually, I think that the Jags are being a bit underrated lately. I mean, they did beat Cincy, Pittsburgh and Seattle. They've beat some very good teams. Beyond that, they lost to Denver and Indy twice. Their only bad loss, really, was against St. Louis, but they have a terrific defense, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they beat New England.

Still, I would like to play them, because when we did play them earlier this year, we blew them out 20-7. They barely mustered any offense. On the other hand, we dominated New England early, but let Brady come back on us a bit. I expect that we could still score on their incredibly weak secondary, but I think that we match up well with the Jags. We can hold them to only a few points and still put up at least twenty.

Against the Steelers, I don't worry all that much. They aren't running the ball as well as everyone seems to give them credit for and they have only dominated bad teams. Still, they are playing better right now than they were earlier in the year. I was down on them quite a bit after losing to Baltimore, Indy and Cincy. I thought that they were just a second rate team. I think that they are a good team, but I wouldn't mind facing them.

I think that New England is the most overrated team to make the playoffs in quite some time. I think that people are giving them credit only because of what they've done in the past, but they barely made the playoffs. They lost some key players and that had to affect their chances, but they did play in the AFC East. It isn't impressive to me to make the playoffs playing in the AFC East. Beyond that, they are 1-3 against the AFC West.

Anyway, I do expect them to play almost anyone they face pretty well, but I would be surprised as hell if they actually made it to the divisional round, let alone the Super Bowl. This Patriots team isn't anywhere near as good as the teams of the last two years.

Cincy was worrying me quite a bit before. I mean, their offense has been ridiculous, but I can see us slowing it quite a bit. We have a defense good enough to hold them to 25-30 points. And we have an offense that can score 40 on their pathetic defense. People say that they wouldn't mind facing them, because they have clearly lost momentum, but when you think about it, if they actually made it to us, they would have won a playoff game and that momentum talk would become irrelevant.

Still, with an offense like theirs and with the possibility of throwing some picks against them, I would rather face New England or Jacksonville.
    Who needs to pass when you can run on that sorry excuse for a run defense?

Leave a comment:

• So.CalBRONCOFAN
    replied
    How many threads are just like this one??

seems like quite a few..or was I just dreaming

Leave a comment:

• jam1369
    replied
    Bring em on we'll keep the streak alive

I don't care who comes to Mile High, the boys will take care of business and keep the Mile High win streak going. I want to see the Colts lose, not from the perspective of our past debacles, but if the Colts lose and we win I'll get one more game at home.

8 and 0 at home regular season, going for 2 and 0 at home in post season. That's what I'm talkin about baby!!

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    I would most like to see Jacksonville. Actually, I think that the Jags are being a bit underrated lately. I mean, they did beat Cincy, Pittsburgh and Seattle. They've beat some very good teams. Beyond that, they lost to Denver and Indy twice. Their only bad loss, really, was against St. Louis, but they have a terrific defense, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they beat New England.

Still, I would like to play them, because when we did play them earlier this year, we blew them out 20-7. They barely mustered any offense. On the other hand, we dominated New England early, but let Brady come back on us a bit. I expect that we could still score on their incredibly weak secondary, but I think that we match up well with the Jags. We can hold them to only a few points and still put up at least twenty.

Against the Steelers, I don't worry all that much. They aren't running the ball as well as everyone seems to give them credit for and they have only dominated bad teams. Still, they are playing better right now than they were earlier in the year. I was down on them quite a bit after losing to Baltimore, Indy and Cincy. I thought that they were just a second rate team. I think that they are a good team, but I wouldn't mind facing them.

I think that New England is the most overrated team to make the playoffs in quite some time. I think that people are giving them credit only because of what they've done in the past, but they barely made the playoffs. They lost some key players and that had to affect their chances, but they did play in the AFC East. It isn't impressive to me to make the playoffs playing in the AFC East. Beyond that, they are 1-3 against the AFC West.

Anyway, I do expect them to play almost anyone they face pretty well, but I would be surprised as hell if they actually made it to the divisional round, let alone the Super Bowl. This Patriots team isn't anywhere near as good as the teams of the last two years.

Cincy was worrying me quite a bit before. I mean, their offense has been ridiculous, but I can see us slowing it quite a bit. We have a defense good enough to hold them to 25-30 points. And we have an offense that can score 40 on their pathetic defense. People say that they wouldn't mind facing them, because they have clearly lost momentum, but when you think about it, if they actually made it to us, they would have won a playoff game and that momentum talk would become irrelevant.

Still, with an offense like theirs and with the possibility of throwing some picks against them, I would rather face New England or Jacksonville.

Leave a comment:

• MileHighStud
    replied
    I really dont care who we play. I believe we have what it takes to beat anyone anytime!

Leave a comment:

• John_Elway
    replied
    Like- Bengals- pretty easy win they have been sucking it up these last few weeks
    Dislike- Colts - more of a challenge since Dungy is back

Leave a comment:

• evolaerok
    replied
    I'd love to see the Jags come in to town. I've hated them ever since they ruined our season back in 96. But I honestly see the Pats coming in. The Steelers are foaming at the mouth to get back at Cincy and they'll end up playing Indy again.

Leave a comment:

• The|Snake#16
    replied
    Prefer- I'd like to see Pitt, Roethlisberger is a mediocre QB at best. Did you see him this week? 2 Ints and like 150-some odd passing yards? If we shut down their running game, they have no chance against us, Ben can't carry his team.

Dislike- Bengals. While their rush defense isn't great, they still can force turnovers, and their ballhawking secondary would bother me. Also, if that offense gets on a roll, we don't want to go point for point against them.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Actually, I don't care who comes here, though I think the Patriots would play us tougher here than anyone else. In Denver, I believe we would rule the roost at the end of the game. Besides the Patriots, I think Pittsburgh would be tough here.

Who do I least want to play in their space? Easy. I don't want to play the Colts in the Dome. I want them on grass out in the elements.

As for the most overrated team in the NFL, I don't care where we play the Bengals, we would kick their butts.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBailey024
    replied
    I'd like to see Cincy at home, they can't stop the run if their life depended on it.

I wouldn't like to see Pittsburgh, they have been steamrolling of late.

Leave a comment:

• SmithOverTO
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003
    obviously you have to be ready to beat anyone, and we can. but is there any preference?

most like - jags

dislike - pats

i am also glad that we cannot get pitts and feel that they could be a real threat to indy if they play there, and i beilieve they will after beating cinci.

* btw - nothing to do with the thread but over the last few weeks watching nfl films and 7 days to sunday i have really started to see the value of john lynch, the way he leads the defense with AW is amazing!!! if him or AW were out it would be HUGEly bad for us*

sorry to digress

Most like - Cincinnati (They cant stop the run...at ALL)

Dislike - Patriots (When we beat them they didnt have Corey Dillion, or Teddy Brushci or half their regualr defense...they'll be ALOT tougher)

As for you comment about John Lynch your absolutley correct. This team, this defense, is a unit pure and simple. They will be unstoppable at home.

A minor digression (Thats correct, right?)

Is Champ Bailey the most sure tacker...like...EVER? I cant count the number of times he's saved a first down or worse with his tackles. Guy never seems to miss.

I cant wait for Wild Card Weekend: Just sit back with a few beers and root for the Pats and the Bengals.

Leave a comment:

• bronxs
    replied
    Originally posted by BronxBroncsFan
    It is possible we are in a win win situation here. The Colts are in PRIME position to fall in their 1st Game as previous big favorites #1 Seeds of AFC. Would anyone be shocked if Pitt, NE, Cincy or Jax beat them? NOT ME. Would you be shocked if we lost to any of those Teams in the Divisionals, maybe other than Pitt? I would be.

I'd like Jax or Pitt to go to Indy. I think who the Colts play is just as important.

I think the Bengals are the Team who we'd have the easiest time with.
    I think pittsburg is the threat, but we won't see them untill possible the afc championship since they are #6. I would rather see JAX as far as best possible percentage of victory, but I wanna see the most is the pats, dethroning last year's champs sounds nice.

Leave a comment:

• BronxBroncsFan
    replied
    It is possible we are in a win win situation here. The Colts are in PRIME position to fall in their 1st Game as previous big favorites #1 Seeds of AFC. Would anyone be shocked if Pitt, NE, Cincy or Jax beat them? NOT ME. Would you be shocked if we lost to any of those Teams in the Divisionals, maybe other than Pitt? I would be.

I'd like Jax or Pitt to go to Indy. I think who the Colts play is just as important.

I think the Bengals are the Team who we'd have the easiest time with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X