Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Broncos biggest "let down" player of 2005?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tnedator
    I was going to say Watts when I read the title, but then when I saw someone post Walls, I changed my mind.

Walls was given the $1 million+ tender offer and was expected to be the Broncos starting corner. To go from starter, to nickel, to released is pretty much a big 'let down'

I agree with you, so much for showing loads of potential.

I wish we woulda kept Herndon and let Walls go to the Seahawks.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Maurice clarett, Our running game did good this year, but i would've liked to see what maurice could've brought to the table had he discipline himself, with a better attitude towards the team. Too bad he had a poor attitude.
      Last edited by Tony; 01-03-2006, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
        The position he plays doesn't lead to making spectacular plays like last year.
        Yea it does (Marcus Washington, LeRoy Hill, Adalius Thomas, Shawne Merriman at times-to name a few). But you're right, SLB doesn't yield superstar types, but maybe DJ can be the exception when he gets a full grasp.

It really depends on the scheme. The fact that DJ's been on the field for what seems like less than half the plays also screws him over.

If you watched the SD game, you'd see that he's still a stud, just needs to improve his pass rushing...
        Last edited by WABronco; 01-03-2006, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
          I agree with you, so much for showing loads of potential.

I wish we woulda kept Herndon and let Walls go to the Seahawks.
          Were would Kelly be now, the 4th corner?

I watch every Hawks game, there's no way he'd be starting over Dom or D. Will. As a matter of fact, he's missed like the last 4 games with a knee injury.

Comment

Lenny Walls, he got fired what else do I have to say?
            Luckly we got Da. Williams and Foxworth to step up!
            sigpic
            What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Originally posted by broncsyanks
              hands down LENNY WALLS!!!!
              I'm with you. For me, Lenny was the biggest disappointment.
              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                I don't want to put out your fire on your other thread E, but I was wondering what everyone thought.

My biggest let down player would have to be: Darius Watts.

I think many of you will agree with me on this, since we had soo many big suprises this year.

Watts..... what can I say. Maybe he came to Denver with too high hopes from all the fans and coaches and never really got a chance to learn?

I hope he can turn it around. I'm still not sold on the thrid wr on this team... but I would have to go with him.

So I ask, who is your biggest let down player?

B4B
                Lenny Walls.
                Originally posted by boltzpride619
                What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                  Yea it does (Marcus Washington, LeRoy Hill, Adalius Thomas, Shawne Merriman at times-to name a few). But you're right, SLB doesn't yield superstar types, but maybe DJ can be the exception when he gets a full grasp.

It really depends on the scheme. The fact that DJ's been on the field for what seems like less than half the plays also screws him over.

If you watched the SD game, you'd see that he's still a stud, just needs to improve his pass rushing...
                  Not just pass rushing but pass coverage. That's the real reason he comes off in obvious passing downs. He isn't able to provide the pass coverage yet. But he's working on it. He's going to be one of the better SLB's in the NFL in a few years.
                  You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

My biggest letdown of the year was Jerry Rice.I really thought he would stay around.

Comment

Probably Lelie, dont get me wrong, he did good. But I expected deep passes caught for TD's by him all year.. and that just didnt happen. I expected play action and then throw deep to lelie for td. so he is my letdown player..
                      Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

lets see... Q i disapointed that we cut him...so not his fault
                        watts has not shown up, in a game this year , not even in four reciever sets, this from a first year starter as the third wr last year...so a big letdown...but still on the team

but my man Walls ...who i defended countless times.. a two year starting corner, who played very very well...just lost it somehow...to two rookie corners...and now is not even in the nfl....so he is the biggest letdown in o5
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I think it's Trevor Pryce; I expected him to have at least around more sacks this season.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                            So I ask, who is your biggest let down player?
                            Some people call me Mooooorice.....

Comment

Originally posted by sportsgeist
                              I'd have to go with all the so-called fans who still hate Plummer.

Hah! Good answer!

sigpic
                              They're your teammates, now.
                              Best of luck, TT!
                              ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
                                I think it's Trevor Pryce; I expected him to have at least around more sacks this season.
                                I would have liked more also, but would you rather have pryce create more hurries or sacks? Which one is better in the long run?

Comment

Working...
                                X