X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
    In fact I think Elam missed a game or two later that year and we brought in someone else.
    Joe Nedney

Leave a comment:

• DiehardinAlaska
    replied
    a little more to the story

Kimrin did well enough for us to merit hanging around and getting picked up when people got hurt later in the season. In fact I think Elam missed a game or two later that year and we brought in someone else. Everyone assumed it would be Kimrin but he screwed up his visa or something similar and blew his chances that year. If I remember right either us or someone else really wanted him to fill in for a couple games during the regular season either in 02 or 03.

Leave a comment:

• PsychoChicken
    replied
    Originally posted by dman444
    Yeah but who the hell is Ola Kimrin, and why did we relase him if he could hit bombs?
    He was just kind of an experiment. Almost all teams sign little-known kickers in the preseason just to see what they're capable of. Since we released Kimrin, he's appeared on a few teams including Dallas and Washington, but has never held down a kicking job.

We released because he simply isn't as good as Elam. They had equally strong legs at the time and Elam is more consistent and accurate.

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    He missed an extra point and was only 60% on attempts.

Leave a comment:

• dman444
    replied
    Yeah but who the hell is Ola Kimrin, and why did we relase him if he could hit bombs?

Leave a comment:

• lordtrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    Umm, wasn't that a preseason game or something?
    Yep. Still darn impressive though...

I remember going to a game at Mile high after Elam had hit his 63 yarder... so in warm up, he kicked field goals and moved back and finally placed it for a 63 yd attempt. The first try was either short or to the side, but the second one cleared it by about 10 yds.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by dman444
    I was just reading the wikipedi article about field goals and it said in 2002 Ola Kimrin for the Broncos made a 65 yarder, then was released after the game. Does anyone kno why or why he was even kicking when we had Elam on the team? I am very confused and dont remember this at all.

Umm, wasn't that a preseason game or something?

Leave a comment:

• dman444
    started a topic Ola Kimrin

Ola Kimrin

I was just reading the wikipedi article about field goals and it said in 2002 Ola Kimrin for the Broncos made a 65 yarder, then was released after the game. Does anyone kno why or why he was even kicking when we had Elam on the team? I am very confused and dont remember this at all.
Working...
X