Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides Elway, who's the 2nd best franchise QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides Elway, who's the 2nd best franchise QB?

Other than the great John Elway, who would you guys pick as the next best Bronco franchise QB in history?
    Jake Plummer
    58.93%
    Brian Griese
    0.00%
    Craig Morton
    26.79%
    Charley Johnson
    1.79%
    Frank Tripucka
    10.71%
    Other-(name them)
    1.79%

The poll is expired.

Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Originally posted by YOUNGERJKSPEE
    Other than the great John Elway, who would you guys pick as the next best Bronco franchise QB in history?

Morton.

If Plummer goes to the Superbowl, then I'd have to choose Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
      Morton.

If Plummer goes to the Superbowl, then I'd have to choose Jake.
      Intresting. I think I'd have to agree. I just keep bouncing Johnson & Morton back and forth.
      Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

I've really only seen Greisie and Plummer so I got to say Plummer.
        Long live the Broncos
        Member of lagpa.

Thanks Reid!
        My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
        John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Morton. Plummer needs a few more years with some playoff success before I put him higher.
          Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

After Elway, the best QB might have been Tripucka. However, because of that pathetic bunch he had to try to lead, he will never be recognized for much. Beyond Tripucka, Morton is the only QB to lead us to the Super Bowl.

But I will have to say Tripucka because, were it not for him, we would not have the Denver Broncos, as we know them, today. He was the glue that held them together in their first years.

IMHO.

-----

Comment

I only saw Elway Griese and Plummer play, so I gotta go with PLummer.

I misread the thread thought it was from every QB and was gonna say Peyton Manning, so I accidently voted other.
              sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

I'm too young to remember everyone else, so Plummer, I HATED GRIESE!!
                vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

My Bronco knowledge really starts in '85, since I was first an Elway fan, and then a Bronco fan. Since Elway, it has to be Jake. I don't know enough about who came first to compare Jake to Morton and others.
                  The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                    After Elway, the best QB might have been Tripucka. However, because of that pathetic bunch he had to try to lead, he will never be recognized for much. Beyond Tripucka, Morton is the only QB to lead us to the Super Bowl.

But I will have to say Tripucka because, were it not for him, we would not have the Denver Broncos, as we know them, today. He was the glue that held them together in their first years.

IMHO.

-----
                    I didn't see Tripuka play, so I won't/can't include him.

I would take either Jake or Charley Johnson over Morton, but that one season of Morton's is hard to deny.

I'd rank it something like this, ommiting Tripuka:
                    Elway
                    Plummer
                    Johnson
                    Morton
                    Deberg
                    Kubiak
                    Weese (I just really like the guy, RIP)

And let's have an asterick for Marlin Briscoe, the first black QB in the modern era.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
                      I didn't see Tripuka play, so I won't/can't include him.

I would take either Jake or Charley Johnson over Morton, but that one season of Morton's is hard to deny.

I'd rank it something like this, ommiting Tripuka:
                      Elway
                      Plummer
                      Johnson
                      Morton
                      Deberg
                      Kubiak
                      Weese (I just really like the guy, RIP)

And let's have an asterick for Marlin Briscoe, the first black QB in the modern era.
                      That's certainly understandable regarding Tripucka, and I commend you for withholding comment about an issue unfamiliar to you. That is something I have not always seen from others on this board.

Regarding Briscoe, the only thing he had going for him as a QB was that he indeed was the first black to play the position professionally. However, as a QB, he was miserable. It was good for his career that his coaches saw a WR in him, because he became one of the best. Just not for us.

-----

Comment

I'd have to say Plummer so far just on this seasons preformance alone. Bubby Brister would be my first choice but he ain't on the list, plus he was a backup. Griese sucked and Morton didn't really impress me. Of coarse there will never be another Elway.
                        sigpic
                        What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Well someone I might feel sorry for Deburg. Everywhere he went a HOF QB came along. He went to the 49ers and Montana came along, he went to Denver and Elway came along, he went to Tampa Bay and then Steve Young came along.
                          "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Of the QBs listed, Craig Morton.
                            sigpic

Comment

My vote goes to Tripucka. He was a smart, and underrated QB on a not so good team. I like the earlier comment about him as the glue holding the team together for the first seasons.
                              Thanks for the memories, Ed.
                              Can't wait for playoff time!

Comment

Working...
                              X