Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powerranking on Fox Sports - Broncos #1!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerranking on Fox Sports - Broncos #1!!

Hey guys, wanted to give you this info....

FoxSports Power Ranking

Awesome stuff, looks like that DVOA system pans out in the end eh...

GO BRONCOS!!!

Interesting... I hated the DVOA for a while... until they explained why we were so low on it... it was from the flop in Mia... which was averaged out over time... Now I like it more... but I'm still surprised to see us at the top... Indy really does deserve those honors. Too bad DVOA doesn't work like that.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by lordtrychon
      ... but I'm still surprised to see us at the top... Indy really does deserve those honors. Too bad DVOA doesn't work like that.

I can't say i'm surprised. Doesn't it take into account strength of schedule as well? From what I remember the colts schedule was a cake walk compared to most other teams this year. Like they werent even in the top 10.

That's not to say they had it easy, but I doubt they would even have the record they have now had they had a schedule like San Diego or Denver did.

Maybe i'm wrong....

Comment

who cares...weve all known were number 1 all season...the poll makers are just jumping on our detroit bound bandwagon.....ah well the more the merrier..lol
        SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
        Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

I kind of love this quote about the raiders

"Reasons for pessimism: No idea who will play quarterback. Secondary is horrible. Randy Moss 2006 = Terrell Owens 2005."
          sigpic
          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

The comment made on Indy is pretty interesting!

"As a few of the Colts have pointed out, they went 0-5 in the preseason, so it isn't like sitting around doing nothing for a month is going to hurt them. With the Patriots resurgent in the second half, would the Colts rather play Pittsburgh in the second round? "

^^reason I am rooting for the Bengals this weekend!
            sigpic
            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
            -Sean Payton

Comment

Rank? #1!!!!!!!!!!!

1. BRONCOS 13-3 2 2 3 4 6 21
              After the loss to Kansas City and a couple of less impressive wins, the Broncos are back on track. Remember: it is very difficult to make the Super Bowl without the first-round bye, but a number of No. 2 seeds have won conference championship games on the road in recent years, including three of the last four Super Bowl champions. NEXT: BYE

In todays Rocky Mtn News, the Scripps Howard rankings also listed us at #1.

This is all the respect I feel we need. #1 going into the playoffs says more than any comments from any talking head..............

It's just a silly ranking, bt the last time I saw us at #1, we won the Super Bowl.

Comment

It looks nice, but in reality it means nothing.

Comment

I also hate the DVOA for most of the season...until they started having us at #1, #2, and #3. Then I liked it.

It's that simple
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

All year long...
                    "Hey every sports analyst everywhere sucks! They know absolutely nothing, and they have the Broncos rated lower than the ________s."

Today...
                    "Bronco fans can all agree that sports analysts everywhere, know everything there is to know... without a doubt, they are unbelieveably wonderful, and loveable people aren't they?"

This means as much as it did everytime they "gave us no respect" (to which there are 4,124 threads circulating at this very moment).

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                      1. BRONCOS 13-3 2 2 3 4 6 21
                      After the loss to Kansas City and a couple of less impressive wins, the Broncos are back on track. Remember: it is very difficult to make the Super Bowl without the first-round bye, but a number of No. 2 seeds have won conference championship games on the road in recent years, including three of the last four Super Bowl champions. NEXT: BYE

In todays Rocky Mtn News, the Scripps Howard rankings also listed us at #1.

This is all the respect I feel we need. #1 going into the playoffs says more than any comments from any talking head..............

It's just a silly ranking, bt the last time I saw us at #1, we won the Super Bowl.
                      Alas, it's also the last time we won our division..........

Comment

Guys most of the season he's had to explain why his system didn't work they way he intended it. I'll admit power rankings just don't impress me, they interesting but I really don't give them much thought.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          Guys most of the season he's had to explain why his system didn't work they way he intended it. I'll admit power rankings just don't impress me, they interesting but I really don't give them much thought.
                          That's cool. To each his own. Though I don't know why people respond to threads about power rankings just to say that they don't have an opinion or don't care about them.

That said, I'm curious to know why power rankings are not important to you. It's another measure of which teams are favored in the public eye or the media eye, or a measure of what teams are favored statistically (in the case of FoxSports.com). In the end of the day, it doesn't determine the outcome of games, but I'd wager a guess that most football fans care about more than just the final determination of games. Part of the excitement for many people has to do with celebrating the team's success by reading good things about them in the papers, seeing the players and coaches voted to the pro bowl, winning statistical awards, and getting memorabilia celebrating championship seasons. It's all interrelated.

If I see a team ranked #1 in a statistical power ranking, that suggests to me that they are good enough to go all the way. If I see them ranked #1 in a popular poll, it suggests that they are getting credit for their solid play. I think most of the people here would like to see the Broncos get credit for a job well done. What's not to care about?
                          Last edited by Lomax; 01-04-2006, 03:57 PM.
                          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X