Who wants clinton to go. Me personally NO WAY
    YES
    40.91%
    NO
    50.00%
    WHO CARES
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

In a vaccum? I don't want to CP go.

Trading him for a player like CB? See ya, its not a sure decision but I can see the thinking behind it and I think its prudent.

Comment

Over my dead body. I'm going to kidnap him and Shanny and force them to make an agreement that CP stays in Denver.
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I don't want him to go, but if he is asking for tons of money, I don't think he's worth it...Champ is worth it!!! How are you suppose to get interceptions when the offense doesn't throw to your side?
        fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

I'd rather Portis stay, as opposed to him going anywhere else. Keep him, keep Griffin, keep Droughns. Get whoever else is needed.

Can't wait for the day the outcome is decided for sure. Anything to reduce the number of Portis/Bailey/trade/no trade/the sky is falling threads.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chick
            I'd rather Portis stay, as opposed to him going anywhere else. Keep him, keep Griffin, keep Droughns. Get whoever else is needed.

Can't wait for the day the outcome is decided for sure. Anything to reduce the number of Portis/Bailey/trade/no trade/the sky is falling threads.
            griffin'sgonnabetheman
            Originally posted by boltzpride619
            What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
            True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

For me its not a matter of wanting Portis to go, I would like for him to stay, but I also want what's best for the team in the long run. I was under the impression that Shanahan had told Portis they would discuss reworking his contract at the end of the year, however I think the circumstances changed and it became harder for that happen. Is Portis worth more yes I believe so. But other players have played out their contracts and then have gotten better deals by waiting. If I'm not mistaken he got a rather large signing bonus for a second round pick. When Denver drafted Terrell Davis he signed a rather small contract, and Denver did rework is deal a year or two latter, but the big difference was that he didn't get a millions just for signing.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

big confusion

who said anything about portis asking for a lot of money? his contract wouldn't be up till next year. no contract numbers were thrown up so why this assumption that portis is asking for money? he was upset at his current salary set up but he even said he couldn't do anything about it cause he's got two years to play under that contract. i think there is a big misunderstanding about what was said and why this trade is going down.
                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: big confusion

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                  who said anything about portis asking for a lot of money? his contract wouldn't be up till next year. no contract numbers were thrown up so why this assumption that portis is asking for money? he was upset at his current salary set up but he even said he couldn't do anything about it cause he's got two years to play under that contract. i think there is a big misunderstanding about what was said and why this trade is going down.
                  Portis now for two years has said he wants to get paid like a top running back. He does not want to honor his contract and Bowlen wants him to honor his contract because it will set the wrong example for years to come with negotiations.

Clinton went to the PRESS, not to the BRONCOS. That set a real bad example with the BRONCO ORGANIZATION.

Portis was not smart in wanting everything NOW, when he could have had "much more" LATER. Can you imagine the contract he would have had when we were not as strapped by the Salary Cap in two years? The Griese money would be gone and there would have been plenty of money to give Clinton. Especially if he would have perfomed this next year as well as he has the last two years.

He is being traded because GREED, has got in the way of the TEAM and not wanting to fulfill his CONTRACT.

I will miss Clinton, but he must go for the sake of the BIG PICTURE, one player does not make the team and Clinton is not JOHN ELWAY.
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Its not so much that I want CP out just for the sake of seeing him leave. I just think this trade will benifit the team more then keeping him around would.

Comment

Hey, didn't Shanahan offer to give him a pay raise but he wanted tagged more years onto Portis' contract but Portis turned it down?
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

If this is a sign the deal is going to go down: Shanahan was at the Nugs game last night with Champ, his wife, and his agent. They were seated in a luxury box when they announced his presence. He got a pretty warm reception. Heard a few heckles about keeping CP.

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
                          griffin'sgonnabetheman

If griffin'sgonnabetheman , it sure would be nice to keep Anderson @ tail also , if it's not too late

hey PITM does mean you have cancelled the moving van to DC?
                          It is my honor to serve him

Comment

I want him to stay.

Comment

Re: Re: big confusion

[QUOTE]Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              Portis now for two years has said he wants to get paid like a top running back. He does not want to honor his contract and Bowlen wants him to honor his contract because it will set the wrong example for years to come with negotiations.

Clinton went to the PRESS, not to the BRONCOS. That set a real bad example with the BRONCO ORGANIZATION.

Portis was not smart in wanting everything NOW, when he could have had "much more" LATER. Can you imagine the contract he would have had when we were not as strapped by the Salary Cap in two years? The Griese money would be gone and there would have been plenty of money to give Clinton. Especially if he would have perfomed this next year as well as he has the last two years.

He is being traded because GREED, has got in the way of the TEAM and not wanting to fulfill his CONTRACT.
                              I] will miss Clinton, but he must go for the sake of the BIG PICTURE, one player does not make the team and Clinton is not JOHN ELWAY.
                              [/QUOTE

again he was upset that he was one of the lowest paid running backs in the league. Two years? he's only been in the league for two years. last year beef with shanny was that he didn't attend the mini-camps and offseason work outs with the team cause he felt the workouts he was getting from fellow miami alums down in miami was just as good as denver's workouts. was that smart?NO. but that started a string of incidents that led to him being traded or going to get traded. voicing his opinion to the media about his contract situation was the straw that broke shanny's back. yet people are making it seem like he stood at a podium and called a press conference to talk about his money woes. all it takes it one reporter to ask about his contract and it blew up into this huge I'm a greedy athlete scenario. don't get me wrong i don't have no problems with the trade but i'm not going to bad mouth him either. on the field he's was a asset to the broncos off the field i wasn't embarrassed by him. he's not under federal investiagtion for selling crack nor is his name mentioned in the balco steriod trial so i say it'll be sad to see him go but not enough to forget that i'm a bronco fan first, player second.
                              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                              X