No announcement yet.

Who Wants Cp Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want portis to stay but it is much easier to find a runningback of that calibur(aka our last 4 running backs) than to find a total shut down corner like bailey
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
      griffin'sgonnabetheman
      I *knew* I liked you for some reason! But I want them BOTH to stay. Much as I like Griffin and his potential, I'm VERY uncomfortable with Portis going anywhere else.

Comment

It's ALL about the offensive line.

It's time to give them the credit for all the 100 yard games.Any competant back is gonna shine running behind the O' line.

Trade CP and draft another 1000+ yard back in the fourth or fifth round.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: big confusion

Originally posted by bklynbronco
          again he was upset that he was one of the lowest paid running backs in the league. Two years? he's only been in the league for two years. last year beef with shanny was that he didn't attend the mini-camps and offseason work outs with the team cause he felt the workouts he was getting from fellow miami alums down in miami was just as good as denver's workouts. was that smart?NO. but that started a string of incidents that led to him being traded or going to get traded. voicing his opinion to the media about his contract situation was the straw that broke shanny's back. yet people are making it seem like he stood at a podium and called a press conference to talk about his money woes. all it takes it one reporter to ask about his contract and it blew up into this huge I'm a greedy athlete scenario. don't get me wrong i don't have no problems with the trade but i'm not going to bad mouth him either. on the field he's was a asset to the broncos off the field i wasn't embarrassed by him. he's not under federal investiagtion for selling crack nor is his name mentioned in the balco steriod trial so i say it'll be sad to see him go but not enough to forget that i'm a bronco fan first, player second. [/B]
          Hey I am a Portis fan. I just think he went about the contract the wrong way. He knew when he talked to Adam S. that it would be a story. Last year before training camp, he did the same thing.

I am really going to miss Portis and I know last year he was warned about talking about his contract to the Media, but this year he did it again.

He also said several times he was not happy.

That does not make a happy team or a happy locker room. I am glad he has kept himself clean and I really liked him as an individual but I think he has put himself first in this situation and forgot about the team.

I think I am at the same spot you are, but looking at it from a different angle.

I wish the Broncos could have given him more money, he does deserve it, but I can also understand their position to from a management point of view. I have been in those shoes also...
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: big confusion

Originally posted by broncos4ever
            Hey I am a Portis fan. I just think he went about the contract the wrong way. He knew when he talked to Adam S. that it would be a story. Last year before training camp, he did the same thing.

I am really going to miss Portis and I know last year he was warned about talking about his contract to the Media, but this year he did it again.

He also said several times he was not happy.

That does not make a happy team or a happy locker room. I am glad he has kept himself clean and I really liked him as an individual but I think he has put himself first in this situation and forgot about the team.

I think I am at the same spot you are, but looking at it from a different angle.

I wish the Broncos could have given him more money, he does deserve it, but I can also understand their position to from a management point of view. I have been in those shoes also...

i just see that there a lot people (not you B4E)upset with him so much that they want to discredit him as a excellent running back and that's not right. you don't like him personally that's one thing but on the field he was the man for denver and for some to say he's not all that and can be easily replaced is a insult to any body who knows and watches football. denver will continue to get better so i'm not crying over portis leaving but he will be missed.
            Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chick
              I'd rather Portis stay, as opposed to him going anywhere else. Keep him, keep Griffin, keep Droughns. Get whoever else is needed.

Can't wait for the day the outcome is decided for sure. Anything to reduce the number of Portis/Bailey/trade/no trade/the sky is falling threads.
              haha..I think this has been the busiest off-season this message boards got...It's good for denverbroncos.com
              fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Working...
              X