Rick Reilly of SI thinks Plummer should be MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Reilly of SI thinks Plummer should be MVP

On the Dan Patrick show on ESPN radio earlier, if you have ESPN Insider you can listen to the 11 minute segment on ESPN.

He kept arguing that Plummer was the MVP, not making mistakes, playing really well and all that, meanwhile, Dan Patrick kept complaining that he's giving Jake the MVP for not making mistakes.

Dan seemed to find it unbelieveable to even hear Jake's name as an MVP candidate.

Meanwhile, I continue to like Rick Reilly
    Administrator

sigpic

plummer should not be mvp this year....dont get me wrong he had a great year and yes he still made mistakes like everyone else....truthfully i thought Plummer had a better year last year, this year there have been many dropped interceptions last year there were tipped balls by recievers going into defender hands..Alexander should get the MVP by a unaminous vote

Comment

I think Plummer had a very good year, and is a very good QB. I don't think he had an MVP season. I would probably go with Brady or Alexander. Here's one that hasn't been thrown out, Santana Moss on Washingtong. That team would not be in the playoffs without him.
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Next thing you know, people will actually be throwing looney names like Tiki Barber for MVP. It seems to me that a lot of members of media throw out names that they know aren't quite deserving to hilight a good year. This is what some people seem to be doing when they've thrown his name out, but there are a lot of better candidates.

Now, if any Bronco deserves to be considered an MVP, it is Champ Bailey.

He's more valuable to the Broncos than an offensive players is to a lot of teams.

Still, it's hard to argue with picks like Carson Palmer. I mean, his improvement has drastically changed the fortunes of the Bengals and they would be toast again this year if they didn't have him. Of course, people throw Manning in their just because he's Manning, but with the talent around Manning, I think that a lot of quarterbacks would have a winning record. Of course, that doesn't mean it would as good, but they would have a decent shot at the playoffs.

I consider Shaun Alexander a product of his damn good offensive line to a good degree. And it's not like the team's fortunes have changed since last year because of him. I mean, he almost won the rushing title last year and they barely went 9-7.

Anyway, another QB that I think should be considered is Tom Brady. I mean, he's had a pretty good statistical year, but the Patriots were just pathetic on defense around mid-season, yet he kept them afloat. Had you thrown almost any other quarterback in those circumstances, the Patriots don't even come close to making the playoffs. Brady is the reason that the Pats are even in contention, so I must say that he is damn valuable.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

my vote would go to tom brady or shawn alexander.

jake had a great year, but when you are within 50 yards or so of two backs getting 1000 yards, its hard to argue that jake was the most valuable player in the league.
          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
            On the Dan Patrick show on ESPN radio earlier, if you have ESPN Insider you can listen to the 11 minute segment on ESPN.

He kept arguing that Plummer was the MVP, not making mistakes, playing really well and all that, meanwhile, Dan Patrick kept complaining that he's giving Jake the MVP for not making mistakes.

Dan seemed to find it unbelieveable to even hear Jake's name as an MVP candidate.

Meanwhile, I continue to like Rick Reilly
            Finally, a professional (Dan Patrick) is saying the same thing many of us doubters of St. Jake have been saying for months concerning naming him the MVP.

YOU DON'T GIVE THE MVP TO A PLAYER FOR "NOT MAKING MISTAKES!!"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
              Finally, a professional (Dan Patrick) is saying the same thing many of us doubters of St. Jake have been saying for months concerning naming him the MVP.

Way to spin, mtn....

I think you could say that about ANY qb in the league.
              Isn't an interception a "mistake"?
              Isn't a fumble a "mistake"?

So, Jake is the BEST QB at NOT making "mistakes" this year, is he not?(400atts)

I'm not saying Jake should get MVP....hell, JAKE doesn't think he should get MVP.
              But to simply shrug off the year he had is silly.
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Plummer played well this season and he is a good player...but there is NO way he is MVP....first off he isnt the most valuable player on our team...bailey is...plus his stats arent that great and look at the other candidates in the league....this shouldnt even be a question....it is Shaun Alexander.

Comment

Jake may not be MVP of the league but he's definatly MVP of the Broncos.

If Jake goes down, we'd be SCREWED.

We'd be lucky to win a game this season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight

Oh I definately agree that we would be screwed if he went down but you could make a case for our most valuable player being Champ Bailey or Mike Anderson or Rod Smith....with that said I think Plummer had the best season of anybody on the team this year but we need Champ Bailey in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight

I don't think that the most valuable player for your team should be determined by who your second stringers are that would fill in.

I think that the person that has been the most valuable to us all year has been Champ Bailey. Of course, everyone gives him credit for the SD win, but it's been more than that. I honestly believe that his return against Dallas won us that game and his interception against the Giants gave us a good chance to win that game.

Defenders are never considered for the MVP, but he should be the defensive player of the year in my books.
                      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                      . Post Your Artwork .
                      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

So sayeth the spinmiester.

Don't give yourself so much credit.

The 3-4 of the Satan Jake cult will grasp at any straws. Many doth not that make.

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                          I don't think that the most valuable player for your team should be determined by who your second stringers are that would fill in.

I think that the person that has been the most valuable to us all year has been Champ Bailey. Of course, everyone gives him credit for the SD win, but it's been more than that. I honestly believe that his return against Dallas won us that game and his interception against the Giants gave us a good chance to win that game.

Defenders are never considered for the MVP, but he should be the defensive player of the year in my books.

i would have to go with jake over champ simply because the broncos proved they can win games when champ either doesnt play or isnt 100%. i dont think the broncs win games in which jake doesnt play or only plays the first half.
                          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

If it wernt for the playoffs in previous years, he certainly would be considered for comeback player of the year. Alexander deserves MVP, but to use the argument he doesnt deserve it for not making mistakes? what a load of crap, thats exactly what gets a QB the title. Jakes been making plays still, he may not have the 27 td's or 4000 yards, but he's been efficient, thats what you want from the QB on a team like Denver, he doesn't have to make the plays that arnt there. I can only echo the sentiments "grasping at straws"
                            "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                            Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I think Plummer should be a candidate he threw the least amount of interceptions for a starting quarterback this season after having a 21 INT season the year before also he had 3,336 yds, 18 TDs, and his rating was the second highest it has ever been

Comment

Working...
                              X