And?

-----
    Not your best retort, Top.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
      Not your best retort, Top.
      That's not a retort.

Elaborate, then I'll decide whether to retort.

If not, then I'll just accept that you chose not to make yourself clear.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
        That's not a retort.

Elaborate, then I'll decide whether to retort.

If not, then I'll just accept that you chose not to make yourself clear.

-----
        I know it wasn't. I was being sarcastic.

What I stated needs no elaboration.

In a thread where many were stating that St. Jake should be the MVP, the official voting showed that he didn't merit even ONE vote.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
          Playing to his strengths... and playing AWAY from his weaknesses. Exactly right Jr. I think we can all agree that Jake has definatly had a difficulty in making the proper reads, thus throwing lots of INTs in his past. So if you want to say that Shanahan is game planning towards Jake's strengths.. ok. But you can't deny that he is also gameplanning away from Jake's weaknesses as well. That being said. If you take away the reads that Jake has problems with, if you limit the number of reads he has to make, and not letting him just "scatter" his passes where he may have in the past, then I think that is putting the reigns on him. If you think that the sound of "putting the reigns" on him sounds negative, remember that even race horses wear reigns. But that doesn't take away from the fact that they are needed so that he doesn't run wild, free, and uncontrolled. Some horses just need tighter reigns than others do because they have a tendency to wander off the inside lane.

exactly if and how much shanny 'reigned in' jake no one on these boards will ever no for sure. the one thing we can all see clearly is that when jake sees he doesnt have a reciever open he is willing to throw it away. that is something he hasnt always done in years past and has nothing to do with simplifiying a playbook. it has everything to do with maturity and better decision making. if he only has to make one or two reads instead of three or four, but still tries to force it in to double coverage, then it doesnt matter that the playbook has been simplified. whether it has or not, no one can argue the fact that jake has made huge strides in his decision making.
          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Looks like Rick does not get a vote, from what I understand Jake did not get one vote.

Besides Pummer still his a chance to get Superbowl XL MVP, and I would rather have that then league MVP!
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X