X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Dayne or Mike Anderson

Here's a thought for you guys...

Ron Dayne is young, fresh and has fire.

Mike Anderson is getting older, and worn down.

Next season, do you think it's going to be Ron Dayne and Tatum Bell duo? I seriously think this is something to think about.

MA has come back strong, but how much longer can he go?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Anderson, Until he loses a step, or retires I say the Job is his.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

I don't think it should be either, I think it is time to hand over the starting job to Tatum, and pick up a RB in the draft, maybe UCLA RB Maurice Drew, who just declared he is eligible for the draft.
      sigpic

Comment

I still dream about a blockbuster deal for Bush
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

Need to find new blood

We need a running back like Kansas City's Johnson if their are any in this draft. I hate this running back by committee crap.

Comment

How old is Ron Dayne?? 27??

Yeah, he has a few years left in him. Luckily, he hasn't had the wear and tear that most backs have by his age, because he wasn't used often by the Giants, but Anderson, while older, also doesn't have the same wear as most other backs his age. After all, he didn't join the NFL until he was quite a bit older.

They both seem like good power runners, but I really don't think that either of them look fantastic. Neither of them is a monster that is large, has a lot of moves and is fast. They are both just pretty good power runners.
            My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Bell says "bye bye"

Dayne is a much stronger runner with more stamina than Bell. I believe we will see a Dayne and Anderson duo next year with Bell either traded or sitting as 3rd string.

For that matter, I believe we will see much more of Dayne in the playoffs, unless Bell suddenly improves his game.

Comment

I like anderson alot. I think he has a good 2-3 years left in him. Tatum has had his chance and has shown he's not the back for this offense. His long runs are exciting for sure but we need 3-4-5 yards at a time every time not stuffed 9 out of 10 times and then break one. Thats how barry sanders was, and how many championships did he win. (I'm not comparing running styles) Sure barry was fun to watch but did his 15 carries for -5 yards then 1 carry for 80 and a td win games....NO. Terrell Davis and the O-line won a super bowl practically by themselves. TD tore up green bay carry after carry thats how you win games. Anderson has some of that and I think we should stick w/him as long as he's productive.

Comment

An Anderson-Dayne duo wouldn't make a bit of sense. Their both the same type of runners. They are both power runners that excel inside.

Tatum Bell is a very fast runner that still usually falls forward. If he has a weakness, it is that he has trouble reading the blocks in front of him and as a result, he gets hit behind the line more often, but he is the most explosive of the three.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Its wonderful having depth at RB as something to debate, isn't it? Personally, I think Shanny will stick with Anderson until he stops producing or decides to go with Bell or Dayne(gut feeling). But in Shanny I trust, I'm sure most of you do as well, especially when it comes to the run game.
                    Thanks for the memories, Ed.
                    Can't wait for playoff time!

Comment

Exactly my point

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                      An Anderson-Dayne duo wouldn't make a bit of sense. Their both the same type of runners. They are both power runners that excel inside.
                      This duo ability is exactly why we should focus on them. No deception, no tricks, no waiting for a hole to open up while your 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. You just run the ball with POWER. this is what won us the Superbowls with TD and what we should continue to focus on.

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                        I don't think it should be either, I think it is time to hand over the starting job to Tatum, and pick up a RB in the draft, maybe UCLA RB Maurice Drew, who just declared he is eligible for the draft.
                        Why would we waste a high draft pick (probably one of our #1's) on a running back when we already have three who have shown they can be more than productive? Don't you think there are other areas we should address in the draft besides running back?

Comment

Originally posted by CameronY
                          This duo ability is exactly why we should focus on them. No deception, no tricks, no waiting for a hole to open up while your 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. You just run the ball with POWER. this is what won us the Superbowls with TD and what we should continue to focus on.
                          TD was a special runner. Sure, he had power like Dayne and Anderson have, but he also had incredible explosiveness and was pretty quick. A back like him doesn't come around very often.

Anyway, Tatum Bell runs a lot more like Clinton Portis. He has the speed to break it at any time and he runs with a low center of gravity, so he's not really easy to tackle. His biggest problem is that he has had trouble finding holes to run through this year. Even when our offensive line gives him a hole, he still has a bit of trouble seeing it. If he improves that aspect of his game, he will be a top flight back.

Though, I would love to have Larry Johnson running too.

Still, finding another running back like TD would be nice, but expecting to find a back like that in the draft isn't that realistic. Also, we do have other needs than a running back. And when you consider that we have the best rushing attack in the league minus Vick scrambles, I can say that without a doubt we are not weak at the position.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                          . Post Your Artwork .
                          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo118
                            We need a running back like Kansas City's Johnson if their are any in this draft. I hate this running back by committee crap.
                            Then you should be lookin' at LenDale White...

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                              Anyway, Tatum Bell runs a lot more like Clinton Portis. He has the speed to break it at any time and he runs with a low center of gravity, so he's not really easy to tackle.
                              Tatum doesn't have the moves of CP, nor the tackle breaking ablitity. IMO, he runs upright and he goes down too easily, but it's not for a lack of effort...
                              Last edited by WABronco; 01-05-2006, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X