No announcement yet.

Ron Dayne or Mike Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tater has not yet proved that he can handle more than 15 carries a game.

Mike is a bull but at 220 not all that big and is not a burner.

Dayne is 245 and has decent speed and is hard to bring down.

I see Dayne as our Rb of the future him and MA if his contract is cost efficient splitting time with tater coming in from time to time or perhaps in a full house backfield him and dayne and KJ.
    But before that happens tater need to learn how to be a great receiver out of the backfield. If he can't then get Q back to make those moves in space.

I don't ever see tater as our feature back stud buffalo. Not at under 220 pounds. Just way to much wear and tear on the body.

Comment

Is everybody watching the same game??

First I want to say that I also wouldn't mind seeing more carries for Dayne, I think that he has earned that. But all your critisim of Tatum is just plain funny to me. The guy finished the season with a YPC of 5.3 and 8 TD's all while getting 66 fewer rushing attempts than MA. I'm not taking anything away from MA and I think along the lines of Topscribe, that if our rushing attack can be this good then don't mess with it. But take it easy on Tatum, if he would have maintained his average and gotten all of MA's carries, he would have run for 2240 yards this season. Us Denver fans can be very picky about the #2 rushing offense in the league.
      RIP D-Will you'll be missed

Comment

Originally posted by CameronY
        Dayne is a much stronger runner with more stamina than Bell. I believe we will see a Dayne and Anderson duo next year with Bell either traded or sitting as 3rd string.

For that matter, I believe we will see much more of Dayne in the playoffs, unless Bell suddenly improves his game.
        wow ur a another tatum moron....our only deep threat runner and hes not gonna start? yea tell me more....keep throwing junk at us

Comment

Originally posted by Retire #30!!!
          First I want to say that I also wouldn't mind seeing more carries for Dayne, I think that he has earned that. But all your critisim of Tatum is just plain funny to me. The guy finished the season with a YPC of 5.3 and 8 TD's all while getting 66 fewer rushing attempts than MA. I'm not taking anything away from MA and I think along the lines of Topscribe, that if our rushing attack can be this good then don't mess with it. But take it easy on Tatum, if he would have maintained his average and gotten all of MA's carries, he would have run for 2240 yards this season. Us Denver fans can be very picky about the #2 rushing offense in the league.
          tell me about it....tired of seeing all these tatum haters in here....i kno this is off topic but, my cross streets are tatum and bell , i love my neighborhood and the street name...AND I HAVE HIS JERSEY!

Comment

Originally posted by all DENVER
            wow ur a another tatum moron....our only deep threat runner and hes not gonna start? yea tell me more....keep throwing junk at us
            Moron?

Yup, you just might find out how "Banned User" looks under your avatar.

I'm not a Mod, of course. Just providing a friendly caveat.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo118
              We need a running back like Kansas City's Johnson if their are any in this draft. I hate this running back by committee crap.
              Why do you hate the running back by committee? Hasn't it worked this year? Did we almost get 2,000 yard rushers? Does it give the other runner a break during the game?

Why do you "hate" it?

Comment

You do realize that a running back doesn't have to go 50+ yards every time to be good right?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosorBust
                  I was impressed wiht Daynes ability to follow his blocks down the line and pick the hole that would get him the most yards. Reminded me a lot of watching Larry Johnson as of late.

I like the use of Anderson and Bell. I think it does take Anderson a few quarters to feel what the defense is doing and then can exploit it. Bell should be limited to 10 carries as Mike has mentioned, he just doesn't look like an every down back.

I agreee with your whole statement, as far as i concerned Dayne has yet to have a bad run, i thought he looked great everytime and should be in their more often until he proves different

by SNK

by mrbrightside111

Comment

a little harsh considering hes a fellow fan and just voicing his opinion

by SNK

by mrbrightside111

Comment

Originally posted by Retire #30!!!

Three of those TD's came in the last game, not so sure SAN was playing up to there normal standard.

Yes tater has some impressive stats. But when the coach says not more than 10-12 carries there is a reason for that. But @ 54 yards a game for the season that quite frankly is less than awe inspiring 10.4 attempts per game.

Sorry but he is not a complete back, has a good YPC but if he can't go as feature back he better get good at specialty stuff like learning how to catch the ball he was that target 28 tme caught 18 of them for a 104 yards. Also need to be a devistating blitz blocker. So far after TWO YEARS he can run the ball. NOt complete at all.

Comment

You know what? Stop using the San Diego game like it was the only game this year!

Come on the best run defense in the league. The one who held Edge to 20 yards. We have faced some tough run defenses the last few weeks so of course the numbers are going to drop.

Also come on people just because of a slow game doesn't mean we need to sit any of our backs! Get out of the player bandwagon mentality and think! The only time you sit a player is if he has proven time and time again that he can't do it. Tatum has shown what he can do when given the chance, but just needs a little consistency.

Just give them some freaking time! Come on if you were the coaches we would have the worst team in the NFL because we don't know who the hell is going to start each week,

(Ok I am done now. )
                        Last edited by LoyalSoldier; 01-06-2006, 02:10 PM.
                        "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                          Three of those TD's came in the last game, not so sure SAN was playing up to there normal standard.

Yes tater has some impressive stats. But when the coach says not more than 10-12 carries there is a reason for that. But @ 54 yards a game for the season that quite frankly is less than awe inspiring 10.4 attempts per game.

Sorry but he is not a complete back, has a good YPC but if he can't go as feature back he better get good at specialty stuff like learning how to catch the ball he was that target 28 tme caught 18 of them for a 104 yards. Also need to be a devistating blitz blocker. So far after TWO YEARS he can run the ball. NOt complete at all.

yes three TD's came against SD, but they were playing tough all game. i was impressed that even though tatum wasnt able to break any big runs he was still able to get the ball into the endzone. thats very important. many times this year and (moreso) last, we had to settle for fieldgoals (or threw picks; think SD last year) when our backs couldnt finish inside the 10 yard line. bell did a good job last week.

i also think his catching has improved this year. he is looking more and more comfortable coming out of the backfield as the season has worn on. blocking, i cant say for sure, but seems to still need to work on it. but remember, the league MVP shawn alexander comes out on 3rd downs because he cant catch or block worth a damn, so being the 'most well rounded' back is nice, but i'd take 28 td's instead .

basically for me, tatum gets his touches, but i like the RBC that has been succussfull so far this year. the only question for me is who gives us the better thunder, MA or RD. the nice thing is i am comfortable with either getting the start.
                          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

just for interest's sake, here are the three's #s:

MA: carries 239 yards 1014 per 4.2 long 44t td 12
                            recieving 18 yards 212 per 11.8 long 66t td 1

bell: car 173 y. 921 per 5.3 long 68 td 8
                            recieving 18 y. 104 per 5.8 long 14 td 0

dayne: car. 53 y. 270 per 5.1 long 55 td 1
                            recieveing 3 y.17 per 5.7 long 7 td 0

all seem to have shown they can get the job done.
                            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

He's a "deep threat" under limited circumstances, i.e., teams who are poor against the run. With all the talk about using him for only 10 or so plays a game, it's apparent that the coaching staff knows he is not that strong.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good RB. I am not a tater hater. However, with us approaching the playoffs, we'll be facing some teams that are darned good against the run and I believe this is why you will see more of Dayne. The opponents won't be expecting it, and Dayne CAN power thru the line unlike Bell.
                              Bell will still get his carries, but we'll be seeing a lot more of Dayne.

If you don't like my opinion, that's totally o.k. with me. We'll just see how Dayne is used in the playoffs and then determine who'll be eating crow.

Comment

Anderson has at least 1 more season in him.
                                Long live the Broncos
                                Member of lagpa.

Thanks Reid!
                                My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
                                John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Working...
                                X