Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least!!!

Originally posted by broncolitis
    Anderson has at least 1 more season in him.
    Absolutely, I expect him to hang around as #1 for at least one more year, more likely 2 or more, as long as he can stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by CameronY
      He's a "deep threat" under limited circumstances, i.e., teams who are poor against the run. With all the talk about using him for only 10 or so plays a game, it's apparent that the coaching staff knows he is not that strong.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good RB. I am not a tater hater. However, with us approaching the playoffs, we'll be facing some teams that are darned good against the run and I believe this is why you will see more of Dayne. The opponents won't be expecting it, and Dayne CAN power thru the line unlike Bell.
      Bell will still get his carries, but we'll be seeing a lot more of Dayne.

If you don't like my opinion, that's totally o.k. with me. We'll just see how Dayne is used in the playoffs and then determine who'll be eating crow.

i do agree with you take on dayne, but disagree with your take that tatum is only a deep threat against poor run defences. see vs washington for example of why. in a game where we couldnt get a consistant running game going, bell broke a couple of long ones that made the difference that sunday. that homerun potential is there no matter how good the defense is, and thats why whether its dayne or MA splitting the carries, bell has to get his touches. in the playoffs, one 65 yard TD run can be the difference.
      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

You are absolutely right!

Originally posted by bcbronc
        i do agree with you take on dayne, but disagree with your take that tatum is only a deep threat against poor run defences. see vs washington for example of why. in a game where we couldnt get a consistant running game going, bell broke a couple of long ones that made the difference that sunday. that homerun potential is there no matter how good the defense is, and thats why whether its dayne or MA splitting the carries, bell has to get his touches. in the playoffs, one 65 yard TD run can be the difference.
        Yes, the homerun potential is there. I hope that when he starts on our coming up playoff game, he finds a hole he can exploit for that big run! this wiould do great things for he and his tenure in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
          Here's a thought for you guys...

Ron Dayne is young, fresh and has fire.

Mike Anderson is getting older, and worn down.

Next season, do you think it's going to be Ron Dayne and Tatum Bell duo? I seriously think this is something to think about.

MA has come back strong, but how much longer can he go?
          Assuming we continue to go with a two back rotation like we did this year I think it's up in the air. Mike is the man in the power running game until he can't do it any more. His performance this year has been very consistent, I don't see him being 'worn down' at all this year There's no question he's getting older (aren't we all?) but he won the position this year and I have to think that it was because he got it done in practice. On top of that he has done everything he needed to in the role he plays in our offense this year so unless that changes drastically next year he will probably still be our primary RB. Tatum is a long way from being an every down back IMO, that could change but although I have seen improvements in his game this year he's definitely not there yet.

I've liked what I've seen from Ron so far this year, but he hasn't played much so it's hard to get a good picture of what he can do over the longer term.

Ultimately Shanny will determine who will play what role next year based on performance in training camp. From what I've seen this year we still don't have an everydown back (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) . Bell is a good vertical runner and either Mike or Ron will emerge as the tough yardage back. Mike is one of the best technique backs I've seen in a long time, reminds me of how Rod Smith approaches the wideout position. However, runningback is really a young man's position. Whether or not Anderson can still get it done will be decided next year, for now he's our man and he's performing very very well. Mike has done everything that was asked of him this year and has done exceedingly well in the process.
          Last edited by Plastique; 01-06-2006, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Why is everyone treating Anderson like he is an old fart? Come on he has still shown production. Don't start saying he's old till he shows it.
            "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

ready for some young blood. gotta have tatum there and MA as long as he produces. However, I am excited to see if we pick up a durable back that can play all game and season long
              Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                Here's a thought for you guys...

Ron Dayne is young, fresh and has fire.

Mike Anderson is getting older, and worn down.

Next season, do you think it's going to be Ron Dayne and Tatum Bell duo? I seriously think this is something to think about.

MA has come back strong, but how much longer can he go?
                I heard a rumor and read a rumor that our next running back could very well be Ricky Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by CameronY
                  This duo ability is exactly why we should focus on them. No deception, no tricks, no waiting for a hole to open up while your 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. You just run the ball with POWER. this is what won us the Superbowls with TD and what we should continue to focus on.

Actually we had a good combination of power and speed in '97 and '98. TD was by no means just a power back. Dayne and Anderson move the chains but popping one for 50 plus for a td isn't as likely with them.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    Actually we had a good combination of power and speed in '97 and '98. TD was by no means just a power back. Dayne and Anderson move the chains but popping one for 50 plus for a td isn't as likely with them.
                    Who was that in 97 and 98. Was it Davis and Loville(sp)?

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                      Who was that in 97 and 98. Was it Davis and Loville(sp)?
                      Yes TD's back up in'97 and '98 was Derek Loville.

Edit: Derek didn't get many carries that I can remember and I don't think he great speed. What I was trying to get at is that TD was a great blend of power and speed.
                      Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-07-2006, 10:22 AM.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
                        ready for some young blood. gotta have tatum there and MA as long as he produces. However, I am excited to see if we pick up a durable back that can play all game and season long
                        At what cost against the salary cap?

Ricky Wiliams is not gonna happen. so lay that thought to rest.

Mikey finally has this team tuned attitude wise bringing in the stoker will not help in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                          At what cost against the salary cap?

Ricky Wiliams is not gonna happen. so lay that thought to rest.

Mikey finally has this team tuned attitude wise bringing in the stoker will not help in that area.

From what I have heard via game commentators Saban is actually pleased with the way Ricky has been this year production and attitude wise. I not so sure Saban is going to part with him when free agency starts.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            From what I have heard via game commentators Saban is actually pleased with the way Ricky has been this year production and attitude wise. I not so sure Saban is going to part with him when free agency starts.
                            Well, Ronnie Brown is clearly their future at that position, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's willing to allow Ricky to go for a reasonable price. I think that Ricky would be a bargain for a third round draft pick. He's especially interesting since he's come back much lighter this year and has been much quicker as a result.

Or at least that's what I've read. I haven't seen Ricky play but against us, so I can only spout off what I've read.
                            My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                            . Post Your Artwork .
                            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                            X