Denver Signs six Free Agents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Signs six Free Agents.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos on Tuesday signed six free agents to future contracts, Head Coach Mike Shanahan announced. Guard Martin Bibla, tackle Javiar Collins, punter/kicker Tyler Fredrickson, wide receiver David Kircus, tight end Chad Mustard and quarterback Preston Parsons were signed by Denver and officially will be added to the Broncos' roster at the end of the 2005 NFL season in February.

Bibla (6-3, 306 pounds) is a fourth-year guard who spent the 2005 regular season out of football after he was waived by Atlanta on Aug. 26. Selected by the Falcons in the fourth round (116th overall) of the 2002 NFL Draft, the 26-year-old spent his first three seasons with Atlanta and has played 31 career regular-season games (2 starts). Bibla played 46 career games (40 starts) at the University of Miami and earned first-team All-Big East Conference honors as a senior in helping the Hurricanes to a National Championship. He was born Oct. 4, 1979, in Belleville, N.J.

Collins (6-6, 307 pounds) is a fifth-year tackle who spent the 2005 regular season out of football after he was released by Cleveland on Aug. 29. In 11 career regular-season games that were all played with Dallas (2001-03), Collins recorded four starts. The 27-year-old entered the NFL with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent on April 27, 2001, and was with team until he was traded to Carolina on Aug. 25, 2004. Collins was waived by Carolina on Sept. 4, 2004, and spent a good part of the 2004 season with the Browns after signing with the team Oct. 20. Collins, who played for the Frankfurt Galaxy of NFL Europe in the spring of 2002, was a defensive tackle at Northwestern University and led its defensive linemen in tackles (49) as a senior. He was born April 13, 1978, in St. Paul, Minn.

Fredrickson (6-3, 220 pounds) is a first-year punter/kicker who competed in the Broncos' 2005 training camp but spent the regular season out of football after Denver waived him July 25. The 24-year-old entered the NFL with Seattle as an undrafted free agent on April 30, 2004, but was waived by the team during its training camp that season and spent his rookie year out of football. Fredrickson punted 198 times for 7,807 yards (39.4 avg.) in four years at the University of California, placing 55 punts inside the 20-yard line. He also handled the Golden Bears' placekicking duties as a senior, converting the third and fifth-longest field goals in school history with 53 and 51-yard attempts, respectively. Fredrickson was born Feb. 26, 1981, in Santa Barbara, Calif.

Kircus (6-2, 190 pounds) is a third-year wide receiver who spent the 2005 regular season out of football after he was waived by Detroit on Sept. 3. Selected by the Lions in the sixth round (175th overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft, Kircus finished each of his two seasons on Detroit's active roster after competing on its practice squad. In 12 career regular-season games (2 starts) played with the Lions, the 25-year-old totaled six receptions for 121 yards (20.2 avg.) with one touchdown. Kircus was a two-time All-American at Grand Valley State University (Division II), finishing his career with an NCAA-record 80 touchdown catches and ranked sixth in college football history with 4,523 career receiving yards. He was born Feb. 19, 1980, in Mount Clemens, Mich.

Mustard (6-6, 288 pounds) is a third-year tight end who spent the 2005 regular season out of football after Carolina waived him Aug. 29. The 28-year-old was on Cleveland's roster for his first two seasons and totaled five receptions for 38 yards (7.6 avg.) in 17 career regular-season games (0 starts). He was waived by the Browns on Feb. 22 and signed with the Panthers on Aug. 11. Mustard entered the NFL as an undrafted practice-squad signee with Cleveland on Dec. 3, 2002, after playing for the Omaha Beef of the National Indoor Football League. He played two years of football at the University of North Dakota (Division II) following the conclusion of a basketball career that saw him finish eighth on the school's all-time scoring list (1,568 pts.). He was born Oct. 8, 1977, in Central City, Neb.

Parsons (6-4, 229 pounds) is a third-year quarterback who spent the 2005 regular season out of football after Houston waived him Sept. 3. The 26-year-old signed with Houston at the conclusion of the 2004 regular season after spending the year out of football. Parsons entered the NFL with Arizona as an undrafted free agent on May 3, 2002, and was on the Cardinals' active roster for the duration of his first two seasons but did not see any game action. He started 21 career games at Northern Arizona University, completing 378-of-670 passes (56.4%) for 4,677 yards with 29 touchdowns, and was an honorable mention All-Big Sky Conference selection as a senior. He was born Feb. 19, 1979, in Portland, Ore.
    sigpic
    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

This happened last tuesday.

Old news buddy.

Comment

old news new news... i didnt hear it so ... thanks for the post
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Preston Parsons?!?!?

That guys like the worst QB in Madden...DOH!

I like Mustard too...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          Preston Parsons?!?!?

That guys like the worst QB in Madden...DOH!

I like Mustard too...
          lol thats madden

I remember Tim Hasselbeck being the worst at like 52 i think in madden 2004 and then in 2005 he was like 71 or something

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
            lol thats madden

I remember Tim Hasselbeck being the worst at like 52 i think in madden 2004 and then in 2005 he was like 71 or something
            I'm just jokin dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
              old news new news... i didnt hear it so ... thanks for the post
              ditto. thanks.

Comment

Comparing live people to video games? Dear Lord!

So the Broncos are already making moves for next year? I kinda like it. It will give these guys some sense of urgency to start working out and studying now. But if I am not mistaken, they will have to go through training camp just like everyone else and prove their worthiness.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X