This is it, Jake needs to prove himself here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is it, Jake needs to prove himself here

Is he going to be scared of Tom Brady's mystique or is he going to stand up to him? Same with Champ and the rest of the team. Most of them have never won a playoffs game before. This is the time for them to shed that "choking" label.

What better way to get that first win than against the two time defending champ? For the sake of the football world, we gotta do whatever it takes to knock New England off next week.

Jake will play an A game, you will see. I don't think he's scared of any QB, look at the standard he plays against HERE! He can handle the pressure. I would be concerned about Tom Brady. In their runs, they never had to come to Denver in the Playoffs (our fault). Historically, they don't play well here either. Plus, we beat them already.

This is a proving game for Lord Mike too. Beating Bill Bellichick in the Playoffs is enticing for sure. He's probably going over footage of their win yeaterday right now... Jake's coming out party will be on Sat. night!
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million."-Shannon Sharpe

Comment

That team doesn't know what it's like to lose in the playoffs. It's going to be a monumental(and rewarding) task to knock them off.

Comment

I think Jake has always been out to prove himself this year. Same story with this NE game. I don't think he has to compare himself to Tom Brady at all.

He just needs to go out and play aggressive early, get some points on the board. Perhaps we'll see some bootleg playactions early to get Jake in the flow early.

I think NE will try to smother the run. Jake needs to take advantage of that.

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

we just need to be calm and dont get any playoff fever. they should leave the worriness in us fans, they just need to focus and not have doubts in their minds.
          Put yourself in Sam Fisher's situation: His daughter died in a car crash, by a drunk driver. His wife died 16 years ago by an illness and he has lost his job from the government. How would you handle it?

(Join FrameCityUnderground and win free Xbox360!!)
          http://www.framecityunderground.com/underground/?u=MKCC14

(Join My Bewaresamfisher club!!)
          http://bewaresamfisher-club.1up.com/

Comment

Time to rise up and kick some.....

You Know What!!!

Couldn't ask for a better senerio. Really!!

Beating the Pats and the Colts is the ultimate shut up for the nay sayers.

Jake dreamed of this year when he played mighty mite football as a kid.

Ah I guess Denver is for real!!!!!!!! Dahhh??????

And Bronco fans everywhere will get to watch every play!!!!!!!!

Three Superbowls in one year!!!!!

Yahhhh!!!!
            This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't think Jake cares about who he is facing. He knows his job and that is to do his part to win the game and allow the running game to do its part, special teams to do their part, same with defense. He has his role, if he does it well and the others parts of our team are clicking we should be rolling.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

well, ending the pats 10 game post season winning streak will give us instant respect
                and personally, i think we matched up better with them than with the bengals

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosZBlitz
                  Is he going to be scared of Tom Brady's mystique or is he going to stand up to him? Same with Champ and the rest of the team. Most of them have never won a playoffs game before. This is the time for them to shed that "choking" label.

What better way to get that first win than against the two time defending champ? For the sake of the football world, we gotta do whatever it takes to knock New England off next week.
                  Jake will at no time be playing against Tom Brady. He will be playing against the Pat's defense. As for Champ Biley, I can't see him afraid of any QB and who gave him the "choking" label? IMHO you are using overstatement far beyond what is reasonable.

I don't know that one way of obtaining a win takes precedence over another except on football talk shows. A win is a win and it counts the same irregardless at whose expense you came by it. There are no style points awarded in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                    I don't think Jake cares about who he is facing. He knows his job and that is to do his part to win the game and allow the running game to do its part, special teams to do their part, same with defense. He has his role, if he does it well and the others parts of our team are clicking we should be rolling.

Absolutely- This is NOT Jakes game to win or lose. This is THE BRONCOS "as a team's) game to win or lose!
                    And from what I've seen this weekend, I think we have a great shot at winning this coming weekend and winning the next game after that, whether it be at INVESCO or at ANY other teams home field...
                    NEVER BEEN OFF THE BANDWAGON!!!!

Comment

Jake's already won a playoff game, against then three-time Superbowl winner Troy Aikman.

Why should he be afraid of Brady?

Comment

Welcome to Invesco..... baby

The Patriots are leaving the friendly confines of their own stadium...... that's gonna be like taking a pacifier from a babies mouth. Shock!!!!! They've done well in Foxboro, but I don't think they are going to find the going so easy in Denver. The Broncos are primed for this one! Man for man, the Broncos are better across the board than the Patriots this year. It's gonna be a real pleasure to see the Pats booted in the buttocks and sent back to NE with their helmets in their hands...... retired for the year. Does anyone out there really think that Pittsburgh will whip up on the Colts? Why? Give me some hope.............. I'd love to see the Steelers come to Denver for the AFC championship game.

Comment

He will. On Saturday he will step out of the long Shadow of Elway
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
                            He will. On Saturday he will step out of the long Shadow of Elway
                            I'm not ready to go that far. If he wins the next two SB's, he will still be in Elway's shadow. Elway is the greatest QB in NFL history (my opinion, but almost all put him in top 5), so Jake will always play in his shadow.

I agree with the starter of this thread, that this is Jake's opportunity to step up. Since NE's front seven is much better than when we played them last (their secondary, too), they could possibly slow or stop our run, so Jake will likely have to take his game to another level and throw the ball 35-45 times to win, rather than that 25-30 attempt comfort range.

Here was an interesting quote:

''Then he's capable of beating you with his arm," said one AFC defensive coordinator. ''He's like Peyton [Manning] and [Tom] Brady in a way in that, if push comes to shove, he can lead a team right down the field with his arm. There's no doubt he can do that. What makes him most effective is throwing those 20-yard outs like BBs. He can still get a lot on the ball. He can escape, and while in the old days you'd flush him out and he'd run around and make a mistake . . . those days are pretty much gone. He'll throw the ball away now. If he's got to take a three and out, he'll take the three and out. He's become a pretty smart player and leader on the field and that's due to Mike coaching him to be like that."

''He's not going to put up Peyton or Brady numbers, but he can if that's what he's asked to do," said the coordinator. ''He's great with play-action and you have to respect their running game. He doesn't beat himself by aiming the ball or looking to one place so the linebackers and safeties can get a jump on his throws. They had the most rushing yards of any team in the league. They want to beat up your defense on the ground, hit you with some big plays, and let their defense do their thing. They've got [safety] John Lynch back there and he creates havoc with opposing receivers because he's still an excellent player and one of the toughest guys in the league."

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...e_resemblance/
                            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                              I'm not ready to go that far. If he wins the next two SB's, he will still be in Elway's shadow. Elway is the greatest QB in NFL history (my opinion, but almost all put him in top 5), so Jake will always play in his shadow.

I agree with the starter of this thread, that this is Jake's opportunity to step up. Since NE's front seven is much better than when we played them last (their secondary, too), they could possibly slow or stop our run, so Jake will likely have to take his game to another level and throw the ball 35-45 times to win, rather than that 25-30 attempt comfort range.

Here was an interesting quote:

''Then he's capable of beating you with his arm," said one AFC defensive coordinator. ''He's like Peyton [Manning] and [Tom] Brady in a way in that, if push comes to shove, he can lead a team right down the field with his arm. There's no doubt he can do that. What makes him most effective is throwing those 20-yard outs like BBs. He can still get a lot on the ball. He can escape, and while in the old days you'd flush him out and he'd run around and make a mistake . . . those days are pretty much gone. He'll throw the ball away now. If he's got to take a three and out, he'll take the three and out. He's become a pretty smart player and leader on the field and that's due to Mike coaching him to be like that."

''He's not going to put up Peyton or Brady numbers, but he can if that's what he's asked to do," said the coordinator. ''He's great with play-action and you have to respect their running game. He doesn't beat himself by aiming the ball or looking to one place so the linebackers and safeties can get a jump on his throws. They had the most rushing yards of any team in the league. They want to beat up your defense on the ground, hit you with some big plays, and let their defense do their thing. They've got [safety] John Lynch back there and he creates havoc with opposing receivers because he's still an excellent player and one of the toughest guys in the league."

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...e_resemblance/
                              Great Post! CP coming!
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic
                              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X