No announcement yet.

This is it, Jake needs to prove himself here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jake doesn't need to prove himself, what are you thinking? We all know if the Broncos win, it's because Jake lead the way, and everyone will say it was a "Jake Victory". But if we lost, it's because the entire team played bad. Either way Jake will never be to blame for a Bronco loss.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
      Jake doesn't need to prove himself, what are you thinking? We all know if the Broncos win, it's because Jake lead the way, and everyone will say it was a "Jake Victory". But if we lost, it's because the entire team played bad. Either way Jake will never be to blame for a Bronco loss.

What are you talking about? Jake gets the glory and the slam. Thats the way it goes for an NFL QB. All we have been hearing about all week and playoffs so far is Tom Brady is undefeated in the playoffs. He is 10-0 in the playoffs. Marino never won a Super Bowl. It took many years for Elway to win a super Bowl. When will Payton Manning ever win the big one?

Thats just the way it goes. The QB is either gets hoisted up on the shoulders or is the goat for the loss. Sure, if we win Jake will get credit because of the season he has had and being as productive as he has been. Jake will get the blame or the loss in his L collumn even if he has a 134.4 QB rating and throws for 300+ yards and no ints and we loose. THats just the way of the beast.

I think this game is going to come down to Jake v Tom. We will most likely shut down NE running game and the Pats could very well shut down ours. In the first showdown this year, Jake demolished Tom. LEts hope he does it again.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBroncsFan
        Jake will play an A game, you will see. I don't think he's scared of any QB, look at the standard he plays against HERE! He can handle the pressure. I would be concerned about Tom Brady. In their runs, they never had to come to Denver in the Playoffs (our fault). Historically, they don't play well here either. Plus, we beat them already.

This is a proving game for Lord Mike too. Beating Bill Bellichick in the Playoffs is enticing for sure. He's probably going over footage of their win yeaterday right now... Jake's coming out party will be on Sat. night!
        Yep, and Jake doesn't play against Brady anyway, but the Pats defense. As long as he and the offense move the ball, burn the clock and score, they have done their job.
        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
          Sure, if we win Jake will get credit because of the season he has had and being as productive as he has been. Jake will get the blame or the loss in his L collumn even if he has a 134.4 QB rating and throws for 300+ yards and no ints and we loose. THats just the way of the beast.
          My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but I do agree with you WTM, thats the way it should be looked at. But you have been around here long enough to see that some Bronco fans..atleast on these forums, don't react that way.

Since joining these forums and Plummer was brought in, we have seen excuses made for him since day 1. And we will continue to see excuses being made for him till he leaves this team or retires from it. From his left handed pass, to 19 of his 20 interceptions last season were the receivers fault , to how great of a player he is this season, not because Shanahan has limited his passing attempts, but because of his great decision making and perfect accuracy. So, come this weekend, if everyone plays to their ability, but Plummer turns the ball over 4 times, there will be excusemakers still flooding this forum for St. Jake.

All in all, I hope he has a great game and proves me and the naysayers wrong, because a Jake win is a Broncos win, and thats fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
            My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but I do agree with you WTM, thats the way it should be looked at. But you have been around here long enough to see that some Bronco fans..atleast on these forums, don't react that way.

Since joining these forums and Plummer was brought in, we have seen excuses made for him since day 1. And we will continue to see excuses being made for him till he leaves this team or retires from it. From his left handed pass, to 19 of his 20 interceptions last season were the receivers fault , to how great of a player he is this season, not because Shanahan has limited his passing attempts, but because of his great decision making and perfect accuracy. So, come this weekend, if everyone plays to their ability, but Plummer turns the ball over 4 times, there will be excusemakers still flooding this forum for St. Jake.

All in all, I hope he has a great game and proves me and the naysayers wrong, because a Jake win is a Broncos win, and thats fine with me.

Look, I will be the first to congratulate Jake. If he makes a mistake and a lashing is warranted, then I will make it. Its the unwarranted bashing that has gone on all year from some that gets me going. I am sure if I was on here last year, then I would have had my bashing of Jake when he was making bone headed plays also. But this year, there have been NONE. There sure have been a lot of bashing though. Un-warranted if you ask me.

Comment

Jake doesn't have to prove himself. All Jake needs to do is continue with the success he had during the regular season. He needs to maintain his leadership. He can improve his 3rd conversion passing percentage. But he doesn't have to prove himself. He is proven already. He is the leader of this team but when we win it is the team win and when we lose it is a team lose. Here is to JP and the team performing well in the playoffs and the Super Bowl.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

As long as Jake plays within the offensive scheme, the Broncos will suceed!!! When Jake forces the issue, problems ie picks occur. This year with such a balanced offensive attack, he hasn't had to. All the Bronco's have to do is keep the same gameplan. Use the running game to stuff the ball down the throats of the opposing D, use the play action and the deep threats to open up the field. Jake will get through the patsies game unscathed.
                Originally posted by 58Miller
                Goad has done a great job
                Go Pats!

Comment

jake has to prove nothing this is a team game, if everyone plays their role we will be tuff to beat but to say jake has something to prove is wrong....if anything the team as a whole the who has to do the proving

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosZBlitz
                    Is he going to be scared of Tom Brady's mystique or is he going to stand up to him? Same with Champ and the rest of the team. Most of them have never won a playoffs game before. This is the time for them to shed that "choking" label.

What better way to get that first win than against the two time defending champ? For the sake of the football world, we gotta do whatever it takes to knock New England off next week.
                    Many on these boards have made a point of bragging about how St. Jake has lead the team to the playoffs every year since he's been here.

Sadly, we all know what happened once we got there.

If St. Jake wants to be in the class of the Bradys, Mannings, etc... it's important that the team wins a game like this one.

It's a team game, but the records go to the QBs. Brady is 10-0, St. Jake is 1-3 (0-2 as a Bronco).

Playing well, and having the team win, will go a long way in "proving" himself.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drop2kick
                      The Patriots are leaving the friendly confines of their own stadium...... that's gonna be like taking a pacifier from a babies mouth. Shock!!!!! They've done well in Foxboro, but I don't think they are going to find the going so easy in Denver. The Broncos are primed for this one! Man for man, the Broncos are better across the board than the Patriots this year. It's gonna be a real pleasure to see the Pats booted in the buttocks and sent back to NE with their helmets in their hands...... retired for the year. Does anyone out there really think that Pittsburgh will whip up on the Colts? Why? Give me some hope.............. I'd love to see the Steelers come to Denver for the AFC championship game.
                      I think the Steelers have a great shot at beating the Colts

When the Chargers beat the Colts, they beat them with defense and with the running game. The Steelers need to blitz like the Chargers, instead of letting Manning have all day to throw the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo118
                        I think the Steelers have a great shot at beating the Colts

When the Chargers beat the Colts, they beat them with defense and with the running game. The Steelers need to blitz like the Chargers, instead of letting Manning have all day to throw the ball.
                        LOL. Whatever it is you're smoking, I want some! I hope you are right, but I just don't see the Steelers as having the personnel to do the job.
                        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                          Many on these boards have made a point of bragging about how St. Jake has lead the team to the playoffs every year since he's been here.

If St. Jake wants to be in the class of the Bradys, Mannings, etc... it's important that the team wins a game like this one.

It's a team game, but the records go to the QBs. Brady is 10-0, St. Jake is 1-3 (0-2 as a Bronco).

As much as I hate to agree with you, I believe these statements are accurate.
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

As you state "Playing well, and having the team win, will go a long way in "proving" himself"

While we got to the playoffs not all the players showed up to play, it was not ALL Jake's fault like you and several other of the Satan JAke Cult, would like everyone to believe. Just because you like to believe it does not make it so.

The more rational fans understand that Jake is just the QB and does not play all the other positions on the field and they other players also have to play.

We also realize that we got out coached and out played by a superior teams on those days. You on the other hand wish to place all the blame on Jake due to your blind dislike of him mainly for his past history in PHX.
                            Last edited by Jrhampton; 01-10-2006, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Can Jake be my saint?

He's sexy, knows how to win the majority of the time, and although he may not be "rated" as high as Manning or Brady I think they give Jake more respect than some of our own fans do and that is truly a shame. Jake may not get 49 touchdowns or have the proverbial "ring" to go with his record, but then again Neal O"Donell of the Steelers proved that he was be far the best skilled QB in the QB challenge and threw 2 picks in a SB. Just because Peyton and Tom get the media attention allegedly because they're the best around, we all know that Peyton has no rings and that is no better than Jake's record which puts them on a level playing field. As for Tom, he may not have the best "skills" as a QB and claims he gets "NO RESPECT" we know he's good but it's been a well-rounded team effort with good coaching, some talent all the way around a good gameplan that got him his rings. Any team on any given Sunday can have a "Peyton day" or "Brady day.' This year we could be saying Happy St. Jakes day, sounds good to me!
                              Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

Working...
                              X