NFL standings since 1979

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    Disagree all you want... missing the playoffs and being barely above .500 yes, = crap. Tell me oh great and mighty football God... when was the last time Miami made a run at their division, or for that matter won it? Made the playoffs, or won a game in them? Crap, yes.
    Uh - they were 10-6 in '03 and 11-5 in '00 and '01 - that seems to qualify as "making a run at their division," doesn't it?

Comment

And in case you didn't know John Elway retired what 6-7 years ago? And how long before that did Marino retire a year or two... better part of a decde? Most certainly.

Done anything since... no.

Crap, yes.
      Marino retired after Elway!

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
        It's written by ESPN and covers the time since ESPN began, which was '79.

And, as a Bronco fan, you don't want to include the '60's, trust me on that one.
        Well, I'd like to see it for historical accuracy more than anything else. BTW, I'm a Pats fan, and 1960-1978 included some ugly years for them, too.

Comment

Disagree all you want... missing the playoffs and being barely above .500 yes, = crap. Tell me oh great and mighty football God... when was the last time Miami made a run at their division, or for that matter won it? Made the playoffs, or won a game in them? Crap, yes.

Again, stick to insults since you have no football knowledge and you prove it every time you post.

"Crap" is an opinion. Fact is, the Dolphins are the third winningest team since 1979. Deal with it. I prefer facts over opinions, especially when the opinion is as uneducated as your's always are.

And try some memory enhancement courses, this thread is about winning games since 1979, not playoffs, and that is what your original comment was on, remember? Hello? Turn off the porch light, no one's home.

Since you don't remember the context of your own post, I will remind you: You were surprised that the Dolphins were #3 in winning REGULAR SEASON GAMES since 1979. Have you tried www.senile.com ?

Now you change it to "playoffs" after you were proven wrong again. You always try to twist the subject into something you can "debate". So stop lying to our faces, it's all here for us to read.

PS. The last year the Dolphins won a playoff game was the same year we did, and any time you win 10-11 games you are making a run for the playoffs. The fins also won 11 games twice recently, 2000 and 2001 and the only losing record they have had is when Ricky Williams "went to pot".

The "crap" isn't the fins' record, it's your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
            Again, stick to insults since you have no football knowledge and you prove it every time you post.

"Crap" is an opinion. Fact is, the Dolphins are the third winningest team since 1979. Deal with it. I prefer facts over opinions, especially when the opinion is as uneducated as your's always are.

And try some memory enhancement courses, this thread is about winning games since 1979, not playoffs, and that is what your original comment was on, remember? Hello? Turn off the porch light, no one's home.

Since you don't remember the context of your own post, I will remind you: You were surprised that the Dolphins were #3 in winning REGULAR SEASON GAMES since 1979. Have you tried www.senile.com ?

Now you change it to "playoffs" after you were proven wrong again. You always try to twist the subject into something you can "debate". So stop lying to our faces, it's all here for us to read.

PS. The last year the Dolphins won a playoff game was the same year we did, and any time you win 10-11 games you are making a run for the playoffs. The fins also won 11 games twice recently, 2000 and 2001 and the only losing record they have had is when Ricky Williams "went to pot".

The "crap" isn't the fins' record, it's your opinion.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
            Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

The Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

DEN #2 in wins during the time frame.
              DEN tied for #2 in playoff appearances with 15.
              DEN tied for #1 in super bowl appearances with 5.
              DEN tied for #3 in super bowl wins with 2.

Not bad for our great team. But DEN still gets no respect.
              Last edited by Jrhampton; 01-12-2006, 11:47 AM. Reason: correction on SB wins

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                DEN tied for #2 in super bowl wins with 3.

One thousand, two hundred, and thirty three........ (still counting)

Comment

Just this year they made a run at the playoffs, weren't eliminated until either week 16 or 17... When Jimmy Johnson was coach, they had a few good years, hitting the playoffs in at least one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                    One thousand, two hundred, and thirty three........ (still counting)
                    counting what?????
                    Last edited by DaBroncs; 01-12-2006, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                      DEN tied for #2 in super bowl wins with 3.

We have only won 2 superbowls
                      Dennis Smith, Simon Fletcher, Steve Atwater, Terrell Davis and Rod Smith all belong in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by AWT
                        We have only won 2 superbowls
                        You are correct and I fixed the mistake. I was of course counting this years in the stat.

Comment

Go Pats!!!!

^^ A beautiful sight!!!^^ #58...Gone but NEVER forgotten!!

Comment

Let me see,

Is this from ESPN?

ESPN likes to put out stupid articles like this. It must be from ESPN...
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

That's amazing that Miami is that high up, what thier consistent crappiness for what, the last decade?
                              Before Ricky Williams retired they had some good years in the 2000 decade

Williams was a beast and they had Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, and Sammy Knight

Their Run Offense was excellent and their Defense was pretty damn good too

they only had 1 losing year in the 2k era

2000 11-5
                              2001 11-5
                              2002 9-7
                              2003 10-6
                              2004 4-12
                              2005 9-7

thats pretty good if you ask me
                              Last edited by BRONCOS_OWN_U16; 01-14-2006, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X