X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by nas1
    Would You Guys Like For Us To Get Mike Tice As The O-line Coach And Alex Gibbs As An Consultant.
    Two conflicting styles.

Leave a comment:

• nas1
    replied
    Would You Guys Like For Us To Get Mike Tice As The O-line Coach And Alex Gibbs As An Consultant.

Leave a comment:

• kevofar
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    Kubiak can take him with him if Dennison is given a promotion (such as OC).

Personally, I think Kubiak as the new head coach if he picks Dennison as an OC. Dennison is no OC.

I remember when Shanny was named H.C. of the Broncos and picked Kubiak as his OC and the same thing was said he "would be making his first mistake " and that worked out OK

Leave a comment:

• Wigglesworth
    replied
    wow

I know that it would hurt Denver, but can you imagine the running game in Houston if Dennison transplanted our zone scheme there and had Reggie Bush running for him. If he could train that shifty runner to run down hill nobody would stop them. Then again Bush might not fit the scheme very well since he's a dancer and not a down hill runner.

Leave a comment:

• AWT
    replied
    I started looking around for more info on Kubiak heading to Houston, and I came across this quote:

Plans are for the Texans to name Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak as their next coach as soon as Denver loses in the playoffs.
    They could have said that any number of ways to not sound like jerks. But like most people in the press, they just expect us to lose.

Here is the link

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamRep...pe=InsideSlant

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo118
    replied
    O-line replacement

I would see if a Denver-O lineman wants the job. Gary Zimmerman, Dan Neil or even Tom Nalen when he retires. These people have have this blocking system drilled into them. Same goes for all the rest of the players that have played in this system.
    Last edited by Buffalo118; 01-12-2006, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo118
    replied
    O-L coach

If I was Mike Shannahan I would go to the college ranks and hire the OL coach for the Minnessota Gophers or the Wisconsin Badgers.

I think that it would be very tempting to climb to the NFL level.

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    Id prefer we don't lose Dennison. This situation bears watching.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    It's an OPINION, that's all.
    Ah mtnman I uderstood your ealier post and my previous post was also an OPINION.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I don't see how you can say that until we see what he does as an OC.
    It's an OPINION, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Kubiak can take him with him if Dennison is given a promotion (such as OC).

Personally, I think Kubiak would be making his first mistake as the new head coach if he picks Dennison as an OC. Dennison is no OC.

I don't see how you can say that until we see what he does as an OC.

Leave a comment:

• ttejuco
    replied
    I really hope that we pick up that Mike Heimerdinger or whatever his name is. A guy that used to work with Shanny during his 49er days.

Leave a comment:

• jletourneau
    replied
    I don't believe the Kubiak loss will be felt too much, but remember back to the first time that Alex Gibbs left for "retirement" and Dennison took over.

Our running game and o-line scheme regressed briefly, because Dennison was not ready to implement the scheme on his own. Eventually, Alex Gibbs came back to the Broncos and was "partially retired," and eventually came back pretty much full time.

Once back full time, Dennison went through much more tutoring under Gibbs and became ready to take over full time, and Gibbs decided he wasn't ready to retire after all so he moved on to Atlanta.

Please don't mistake my concern for worry, things will be fine even if there is a big overhaul. But, I do think there is reason to be concerned seeing that the only time our running game and the o-line has taken a dip in the last 10 years was when we lost our o-line coach too early, before the next candidate was fully ready.

This team, without much star power or many playmakers, will take a couple steps back if you remove the "system"'s biggest cog. The Broncos relied heavily on the "system" and will have to be very dilligent to make sure the same dip does not happen.

I really believe we could be in for a very interesting offseason that might bear more changes than we now realize. If so, so be it, change can be fun in its own way, a struggle in others.

It will be interesting to see how Shanny responds to such changes, and how "willing" he is to help out Kubiak as he leaves. Shanny can play hardball if he wants to, I just don't see him doing that.

And I do agree with a poster above, I can't remember who, that suggested that Dennison is NOT an OC. I agree that he would struggle in that role, and might not be as much help as Kubiak would hope.

It is very feasible that the offense next season loses: Kubiak (Texans), Dennison (Texans), Matt Lepsis (FA), and Tom Nalen (Retire/FA). This is 4 big pieces from the foundation of our team, it will definitely be an interesting offseason, but at least we should have a couple more weeks before that starts.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    There's always a guy waiting in the wings. It's not like Dennison is the only guy who knows how to run a zone-blocking scheme. This is a little overblown IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Calif. Bronco
    replied
    Hmmmm...I wonder what Alex Gibbs is up to these days? Ready for a third go-around?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X