Are we in for a MAJOR offense change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we in for a MAJOR offense change?

As a Broncos fan, I have done a lot of soul searching on this...at first I was frustrated even angry. First Alex Gibbs the BEST O-line coach in NFL history is gone and now Clinton Portis...what the hell is going in Orange and Blue land?

After almost a week of thought this is the only thing I can come up with...

Shanahan and Kubiak are finally going to try their experiment. The Broncos are going to launch an entirely new offense. You will see four wide and five wide constantly and they are going to put the ball in Plummer's not so proven hands. This offense might be like something we have not seen in the NFL...especially a Broncos team. If you think about it Shanahan a former QB coach has to this point "gone with what he's got." He was "given" Terrell in the sixth round. Had a dominating O-line. And absolutely zero at QB (since Elway retired).

With an offense like that you better have a shut down D-fence because they will be on the field a lot. The Broncos last year were a CB short of being dominating (Good Dline and unbelievable backers.)

All this might be wishful thinking, but I am trying to make some since out of this crazy trade. If the broncos draft a wide-out with their first pick, I think it shows Shanahan's hand. We'll see.
    sigpic
    RomperRoom McD was an abortion of a hire - Ahead of the curve since 1/12/09

Didnt they try something like this three years ago at mile high against the ravens on 4th and 1?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

nothing will change as far as play call. its just we have more talent on DEFENSE now rather than offense thats all. we will be a defensive team people forget how much offense has been winning the las few superbowls, the game is changing to defense wins and we followed suit. we have a good chance to go all the way this year.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I hope we do spread the field out & i also hope we throw the ball down the field more often, that is something that has been lacking in our offense for a long time, the long ball.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
          nothing will change as far as play call. its just we have more talent on DEFENSE now rather than offense thats all. we will be a defensive team people forget how much offense has been winning the las few superbowls, the game is changing to defense wins and we followed suit. we have a good chance to go all the way this year.
          I wonder how many more risk's we will be taking on defense (blitzing), now that we have upgraded, to create turnovers...
          Originally posted by boltzpride619
          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
          True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

LOL, guys we are still a running football team, but it wont be our bread and butter anymore this year, defense will be dominant. we had the league's top running game for a few years and we got no where, so we make a change to defensive powerhouse, but on offense we will still run the ball the majority of the time. We still have the run game system built here. There wont be no 5 wide all day what are you guys smokin lol.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
              I wonder how many more risk's we will be taking on defense (blitzing), now that we have upgraded, to create turnovers...
              i would expect more blitzing, walls and bailey are great man to man corners so i think that will be more of a plus.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

thi sis probably shannys last season...so i think hes open 2 any ideas
                portisisastud26, what the crap are you talking about now?
                Now Shannahan is leaving?
                Did you NOT see that he JUST signed a new contract?
                Do you believe this whole trade thing is HIS last ditch effort to save his azz?

PITM/Lava, HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

who will be our running back this year??? can griffen cut it for the whole season, he looked great on turf but not so hot on grass. is there any chance that mike anderson will go back to half back? i love the trade, i think it will be more helpful to have the shutdown D the turnovers will really go a long way towards winning some of the closer games

Comment

he looked great on turf but not so hot on grass

Yeh! I guess ALL of his college games were on turf, huh?!!!

What game are you talkin about? The Packer game where Denver held out the starters?

Get real!
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

no not just the packer game, tell me a game where he was consistant other than the indy game, i know he didnt get many opportunities but when he did he got thrown around

Comment

Lets put your azz in there after breaking a leg and see how fast you get up to speed!

Please! Come up with ideas instead of dissing!
                        Q hasn't had a chance to prove himself - YET!
                        Would you like it if you had 30 minutes to prove to your teacher/boss (whatever) that you were deserving? Because in real time, that's all Q has had so far.

Quit banging on him. He's not deserving of it!
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

ok my bad you are right i will stop, i guess havent seen a running back like him in a while and am not sure what he is capable of

Comment

Originally posted by orangecrush3233
                            ok my bad you are right i will stop, i guess havent seen a running back like him in a while and am not sure what he is capable of
                            You'll find out in 5-6 months.
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

he has major talent, but our o line isnt designed to block for a runner like that

Comment

Working...
                              X