Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quentin Griffin is no Barry Sanders!

Well...

I don't know about Q. People on this board regularly knows that I am half-iffy about this guy.

I think we should draft a RB because the ones we had on IR last season doesn't look like they can hang.

Sapp is too slow unless we pick up that Jackson guy again.

We'll see....but stop this comaprison to Barry Sanders....BS is going to the Hall while this little guy hasn't proven anything.

Untill he rushes for 1000 yard season every year...break records every week....then he's no #20.

enough of that already!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Re: !

Originally posted by AsianOrange
    Well...

I don't know about Q. People on this board regularly knows that I am half-iffy about this guy.

I think we should draft a RB because the ones we had on IR last season doesn't look like they can hang.

We'll see....but stop this comaprison to Barry Sanders....BS is going to the Hall while this little guy hasn't proven anything.

Untill he rushes for 1000 yard season every year...break records every week....then he's no #20.

enough of that already!
    Agreed. I say we let QG show us what he can do for 16 games+ before we crown him the heir apparent.

Comment

Agree 100%
      "We bust back faster then whistles, from Bronco raider officials" e.W.t.

Comment

Re: Re: !

Originally posted by DPg2003
        Agreed. I say we let QG show us what he can do for 16 games+ before we crown him the heir apparent.
        Well, at least you're saying we should give Q the chance to show what he can do, and that's good. It gets old hearing people bash him all day long and calling him second-rate - demanding that he PROVE himself but not giving him the chance to do so.

When he does prove himself, you can bet your last dollar that those who were doubting and lambasting him (and anyone who believed in him) before will suddenly be singing a whole different tune.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: !

Originally posted by broncos_chick
          Well, at least you're saying we should give Q the chance to show what he can do, and that's good. It gets old hearing people bash him all day long and calling him second-rate - demanding that he PROVE himself but not giving him the chance to do so.

When he does prove himself, you can bet your last dollar that those who were doubting and lambasting him (and anyone who believed in him) before will suddenly be singing a whole different tune.
          Lets hope so, IF he's the starter(which right now I think he will be).

Comment

I agree , Barry is a once in a lifetime type of player. He would have been the greatest of all time if he would have stayed around. He would have surpassed Payton's rushing record and kept it way out of reach for Emmitt or any other back for a long time.
            I say give QG a chance but we better have someone just as capable to go also.

Comment

ok see here is the thing, if he plays like barry, he plays like barry. you dont need to see a full season to figure out if he plays like barry. barry was shifty, griffin is shifty, barry was small, griffin was small. barry had moves, griffin has moves, you dont need a full season to see that stuff. I understand you couldn't say "Griffin IS BETTER than Barry" until you actually compare their careers, but to say griffin plays like barry is an instant assessment, you dont need a 1,000+ yard season to know that.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I'm sitting on the fence until I see some proof that he has the staying power of barry. Granted he looked good against the colts, but that was on turf and against an iffy run defense. I'll wait till I see what he can do on grass against a better defensive team. I'm not dogging what he can do, I'm just waiting to see if the front office thinks he's the starter or not. We should see that during the draft.

Comment

what if griffin played "iffy" run defenses for 2 years and gained 136 yards every time, would you then call him a great back?
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I'm call him a good back, which he most likely is. The thing about this is whether or not he can run inside the tackles. We all know what he can do outside, we saw him ankle breaking many colts players. A 'great back' can run between the tackles, shed a block and still get the tough yard. We haven't seen him have to do that, not for a full season yet. If he does that then I will praise him, however, during the course of the year he'll play great defenses. Have you looked at next years opponents? There are good defenses he'll have to play next year. Jacksonville very quietly ranked in the top 5 against the run. The Bengals will be better with Marvin Lewis getting more defensive in the draft. The Texans will get all their injured defensive players back and should be pretty good. He's going to have to play against some of the best defenses. So I'm going to sit the fence until I see what he can do consistently as an every down back in a 16 week schedule.

Comment

Well...

enough of that already!

Thats what i been trying to say but you bronco fans love your players so much that you think they can be as good as hall of fame players.
                      CUTBACK!!!

Comment

Well...

enough of that already!
                        give him the starting position ...Colts know what Q is about...
                        fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Barry Sanders was bigger than Griffin in weight and I think he was an inch taller. Barry also had far more speed than Griffin and he had more power, he could run guys over if need be.

I think Griffin just needs to put on maybe ten pounds like Portis did last year.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                          - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                            Barry Sanders was bigger than Griffin in weight and I think he was an inch taller. Barry also had far more speed than Griffin and he had more power, he could run guys over if need be.

I think Griffin just needs to put on maybe ten pounds like Portis did last year.
                            Q is a tough kid though, Colts and Packers tried to punish him, but he just popped right up and took the next snap...and you're right he can always use the extra pounds..
                            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
                              I'm call him a good back, which he most likely is. The thing about this is whether or not he can run inside the tackles. We all know what he can do outside, we saw him ankle breaking many colts players. A 'great back' can run between the tackles, shed a block and still get the tough yard. We haven't seen him have to do that, not for a full season yet. If he does that then I will praise him, however, during the course of the year he'll play great defenses. Have you looked at next years opponents? There are good defenses he'll have to play next year. Jacksonville very quietly ranked in the top 5 against the run. The Bengals will be better with Marvin Lewis getting more defensive in the draft. The Texans will get all their injured defensive players back and should be pretty good. He's going to have to play against some of the best defenses. So I'm going to sit the fence until I see what he can do consistently as an every down back in a 16 week schedule.
                              what i was trying to get you to see was that portis basically ran buck shot over easier defenses and people call him the franchise. If griffin did the same, people would not call him that, the unfairness of it all.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X