Will U still cheer for CP in Wash.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will U still cheer for CP in Wash.?

I'll still be a Portis fan as long as he isn't playing the Broncos. I've always liked CP even in his Miami Hurricane days and i wish him the best if he goes.

I wish him the best defiantly, until we reach the Redskins in this years superbowl.

Comment

Will Portis start in Washington?

Portis and Trung Candidate are the same type of back. Both are 5-11 205 and Candidate may be faster. Trung averaged 4.2 last year with Spurrier, and their o-line was bad. In 2001 he averaged 5.7 yds in St Louis filling in for Faulk. Gibbs has always been a ball control coach and Gibbs will have a designated goal-line back. Rock Cartwright? If CP can't pass protect and get the tough yards, Gibbs may use him as a third-down back or slot reciever.
      Only time will tell but it wouldn't suprise me if CP gets a big contract and disappears like he did against tough defenses.

Comment

CP may not even be the starter.

Comment

This will at least make the HoF game between us and the redskins a little more personal.

Comment

if that happens then Portis will be wishing he stayed in Denver for sure

Comment

Portis has proven success at the NFL level. He has had success in normal, passing, and goal line situations. Trung Candidate has done NOTHING in the NFL. Trust me, Gibbs would not give up Champ Bailey and a second round pick if he didn't already have Portis penciled in as the starter.
              "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

COMPLETELY agree

SPikerman, I think you hit the nail on the head. There is NO way you trade away a Champ Bailey to a particular team for a running back that you don't KNOW he is going to be your starter.

Comment

you must be stupid

Originally posted by Gridiron Guru
                  You must be really stupid to think that CP will not be the starter.
                  CUTBACK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Guru
                    Why not?

Comment

who cares let his cancer infect washington
                      Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
                        Why not?
                        Joe Gibbs mean anything to you? He likes to pound the ball, I think Portis is gonna be the starter, but he's not going to play the full game, they've still got Trung Candidate which is a solid back, so he's gonna get split playing time...
                        fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
                          Joe Gibbs mean anything to you? He likes to pound the ball, I think Portis is gonna be the starter, but he's not going to play the full game, they've still got Trung Candidate which is a solid back, so he's gonna get split playing time...
                          I know, thats what i said, he'll be the starter. But I dont think hes right for the skins. Your right they need a power runner like Jamal lewis.

Comment

that could be true, however, trung didn't play in the bronco system ..something to think about, but based on their running style, they are the same, they use all speed moves..
                            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
                              I know, thats what i said, he'll be the starter. But I dont think hes right for the skins. Your right they need a power runner like Jamal lewis.
                              that would be scarry if they had Jamal, they'd pound the ball like crazy, but I don't think Portis would fit well into their system, I may be wrong, but he's no Jamal Lewis...

Comment

Working...
                              X