Ashley Lelie played a great game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Lelie played a great game

He was making crucial catches early in the game. They weren't all easy. He drew the pass interference call (although we all know it was some bull). Then he disappeared for a little while. But when he was called on right after the Patriots scored to make it 24-13, he made a great, tough catch to get a first down and establish some field position. I have really seen the improvement in Lelie's game since last year and years previous. Good job tonight Ashley .
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
    He was making crucial catches early in the game. They weren't all easy. He drew the pass interference call (although we all know it was some bull). Then he disappeared for a little while. But when he was called on right after the Patriots scored to make it 24-13, he made a great, tough catch to get a first down and establish some field position. I have really seen the improvement in Lelie's game since last year and years previous. Good job tonight Ashley .
    he made a large step, him and the entire recieving team. It'll be good to see what they can do
    “The Oakland raiders are so bad.”
    “How bad are they???”
    “They’re so bad that they get ______ed by every
    Team”

04 plummer4presdnt 139
    10/11+ / 8 / 8+ / 9+ /11/ 10 / 9+ / 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 /7 /6 /6+ / 7

4th in Bronco pick'em

Comment

I think the catch was controversial. If you watched the play in slow motion like they showed every time, you would think it was bull, but in full speed Asante Samual did cut him off.
      R.I.P. Darrent Williams and Damien Nash

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

He got off slowly on the fourth and 1 play which threw the timing off, other than that I thought he played a good game opening up the field.
        The three Keys to football
        1. Turnovers
        2. Field Position
        3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by I3IzOnCoF4n24
          I think the catch was controversial. If you watched the play in slow motion like they showed every time, you would think it was bull, but in full speed Asante Samual did cut him off.
          Exactly that's why Samuel was called for pass interference. I will also admit that the call could have gone either way.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            Exactly that's why Samuel was called for pass interference. I will also admit that the call could have gone either way.

i thought it was the right call. it was close, but samuel did change his path and run into lelie. if samuel hadnt changed his path then i dont think it was a penalty, but he did.
            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
              He got off slowly on the fourth and 1 play which threw the timing off, other than that I thought he played a good game opening up the field.

i thought that was a strange play call. but shannys game plan worked well enough for a win so i'm not second guessing.

samuel had pretty good position on lelie. i'm not sure if he could have done much against it.
              "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Loved how we took advantage of the Pats focussing on Rod from the get go, that one play where Rod lined up inside and Lelie outside, their roots crossed and 2 Pats went with Rod outside leaving Lelie wide open for an easy 15+ yd gain.

Comment

Ashley played a GREAT game. His catches in the first quarter were big, and great catches. He's stepping it up, and actually looking like a veteran out on the field.

Comment

I agree he has improved over last year. The PI call was a legit call especially after he shoved ashley at the last moment.
                    That was the beginning of the end for the pasties they lost their composure.

Comment

If teams want to take Rod away Lelie has the ability to make them pay.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        Ashley played a GREAT game. His catches in the first quarter were big, and great catches. He's stepping it up, and actually looking like a veteran out on the field.

and he was working the underneath stuff and going across the middle. on the first 3rd down for the broncos the pats double teamed rod in the slot. it was huge that lelie stepped up early.

Comment

Lelie moved the chains all night, and that was a big deal. To have both him and Rod playing reliable football, (as Rod always does) had to be a HUGE help to Jake's success in the pocket.

Lelie started the trend a few weeks before the regular season ended up doing a lot more with short and intermediate routes, and he certainly furthered his progress tonight.

Becoming a much more complete WR. Good job Ashley!

Comment

i think lelie is hated on more than plummer on this board. i love him though. pats were daring ashley to beat single coverage and he did it almost every time

Comment

Man, I thought that was blatant pass interference. If Samuels was attempting to catch that ball, he would have sped up on slowed down.

Basically, he jumped in front of Ashlie and slowed down. And the ball sailed past the both of them.
                              My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                              . Post Your Artwork .
                              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X