Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lelie played ok ,he needs to step up big time next week tho,CHAMP 2 ILL

Comment

even though his numbers are down, ashley has shown tons of improvement this season. his hands have improved 100%, and his route running even just over the course of this season alone has improved a ton as well. im not sure if he can ever replace rod, but i think at worst we're going to have a solid #2, which i wasn't sure of a few months ago.

as for the PI call, im of the opinion that we're playing football, not figure skating. yes there was contact, and yes the flag could have been thrown since samuel did get in the way of the route slightly...but i really dont like it when a ref makes a game changing call like that. if i were a ref, im not throwing the flag.

Comment

All of his receptions were for less than 20 yards. And many of them were tough catches.
        My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by AZforBroncos
          as for the PI call, im of the opinion that we're playing football, not figure skating. yes there was contact, and yes the flag could have been thrown since samuel did get in the way of the route slightly...but i really dont like it when a ref makes a game changing call like that. if i were a ref, im not throwing the flag.
          The easiest call would have been illegal contact, but I have no problem with PI on that play. You can run WITH a receiver, but not INTO him. Kinda like being "slightly" pregnant. If he did it, throw the flag. We've had PLENTY of calls like that against us.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
            He was making crucial catches early in the game. They weren't all easy. He drew the pass interference call (although we all know it was some bull). Then he disappeared for a little while. But when he was called on right after the Patriots scored to make it 24-13, he made a great, tough catch to get a first down and establish some field position. I have really seen the improvement in Lelie's game since last year and years previous. Good job tonight Ashley .
            Ashley was great tonight. He was totally guilty of that pass interference imo, but the guy sure knows how to plead his case! That's what the Pats get for doubling up Rod. Ashley burnt them and when they switched over to Ashley, Rod burnt them!
            The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Lelie played very well. To me he didn't step up. He simply made the catches. Finally, Gary and Mike S. have Ashley running short and intermediate routes. Unlike what people want to believe, Gary K. admitted that they had not been calling plays for Lelie to run short and intermediate routes. Also, they are looking for Lelie. He isn't the 3rd option anymore. They've made him 1st option at times......but he'll do fine as the 2nd option behind Rod.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Virus
                Lelie played ok ,he needs to step up big time next week tho,CHAMP 2 ILL

Are you saying that he didn't really step up tonight? He caught everything that was catchable. Imo it was his catches that opened up for Rod Smith. Remember in the first half of play the Patriots were double teaming him.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

He seems to be getting tougher and more confident.

Well done Ash.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                    He seems to be getting tougher and more confident.

Well done Ash.
                    That's been his real improvement this year. His mental and physical toughness.

Through the majority of the season, the improvement, IMO, was more visible in what he did when the ball wasn't thrown his way.............execution of routes and downfield blocking.

The last 3 or 4 games though the game plan seems to have involved Ash a lot more, especially on the short routes, and Ash has responded with some great grabs and some tough yards.
                    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                    You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

That is exactly what I wanted to see out of Ashley, he played with confidence. Somthing he has not done all year. He will be a great wr next year, hopfully he can put on about 10-15 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                        i thought that was a strange play call. but shannys game plan worked well enough for a win so i'm not second guessing.

samuel had pretty good position on lelie. i'm not sure if he could have done much against it.
                        That little fade throw or whatever it has called has worked fairly well in the past. The corner made enough initial contact, that lelie never got a chance to make a play.

I would have preferred a run or bootleg, but if it had worked...
                        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Lelie Is No Better Then A 2 Or 3 Wr

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                            That little fade throw or whatever it has called has worked fairly well in the past. The corner made enough initial contact, that lelie never got a chance to make a play.

I would have preferred a run or bootleg, but if it had worked...
                            I agree, I would have prefered a run or a bootleg in that situation. I understand why Shanahan did it (or at least I think I do) but considering down and distance I would have prefered something different.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I wasn't too impressed with Lelie's performance actually.

I thought he was getting owned by inferior corners most of the game.

His routes, timing with Jake and physicality were all mediocre IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by AZforBroncos
                                even though his numbers are down, ashley has shown tons of improvement this season. his hands have improved 100%, and his route running even just over the course of this season alone has improved a ton as well. im not sure if he can ever replace rod, but i think at worst we're going to have a solid #2, which i wasn't sure of a few months ago.

HE WAS BETTER LAST YEAR

Comment

Working...
                                X