X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superchop7
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    I wasn't too impressed with Lelie's performance actually.

I thought he was getting owned by inferior corners most of the game.

His routes, timing with Jake and physicality were all mediocre IMO.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Gotta agree.........nice post.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Can't disagree all that much, DP. We get past Lelie, and it seems we have next to nothing from the WR position.
    A little more production from a #3 might even mean better production from Lelie. Ya think?

-----
    It would certainly take some pressure off of Rod and Lelie.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by DrunkPanda
    no he didn't. he tried a move to bait samuel and samuel wasn't fooled. nothing lelie could have done. it was just a stupid playcall. one thing i noticed in the game is that we never even attempted a pass to the third receiver......... i don't know if we even have more than two wide receivers on our roster anymore........ we should bring back watts! he can sit there and not have the ball thrown to him as well as anyone in the league......... i really don't understand why we don't have watts as our third receiver, it's not like our current third receiver (i'm almost certain we don't even have one) is doing any better than watts could
    Can't disagree all that much, DP. We get past Lelie, and it seems we have next to nothing from the WR position.
    A little more production from a #3 might even mean better production from Lelie. Ya think?

-----

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Welcome back big guy
    Thanks, friend.

-----

Leave a comment:

• DrunkPanda
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoRT
    He got off slowly on the fourth and 1 play which threw the timing off, other than that I thought he played a good game opening up the field.
    no he didn't. he tried a move to bait samuel and samuel wasn't fooled. nothing lelie could have done. it was just a stupid playcall. one thing i noticed in the game is that we never even attempted a pass to the third receiver......... i don't know if we even have more than two wide receivers on our roster anymore........ we should bring back watts! he can sit there and not have the ball thrown to him as well as anyone in the league......... i really don't understand why we don't have watts as our third receiver, it's not like our current third receiver (i'm almost certain we don't even have one) is doing any better than watts could

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Virus
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I agree, I would have prefered a run or a bootleg in that situation. I understand why Shanahan did it (or at least I think I do) but considering down and distance I would have prefered something different.
    I AGREE

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    My sentiments exactly.

-----
    Welcome back big guy

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Thank you . . .

Originally posted by The Dark Knight

My sentiments exactly.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco Virus
    HE WAS BETTER LAST YEAR
    Because he had more then 1,000 yards?

Because he had more then 1 TD?

Because we didn't make it as far in the playoffs last year?

Get real.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Virus
    replied
    Originally posted by AZforBroncos
    even though his numbers are down, ashley has shown tons of improvement this season. his hands have improved 100%, and his route running even just over the course of this season alone has improved a ton as well. im not sure if he can ever replace rod, but i think at worst we're going to have a solid #2, which i wasn't sure of a few months ago.

as for the PI call, im of the opinion that we're playing football, not figure skating. yes there was contact, and yes the flag could have been thrown since samuel did get in the way of the route slightly...but i really dont like it when a ref makes a game changing call like that. if i were a ref, im not throwing the flag.
    HE WAS BETTER LAST YEAR

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    That little fade throw or whatever it has called has worked fairly well in the past. The corner made enough initial contact, that lelie never got a chance to make a play.

I would have preferred a run or bootleg, but if it had worked...
    I agree, I would have prefered a run or a bootleg in that situation. I understand why Shanahan did it (or at least I think I do) but considering down and distance I would have prefered something different.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Virus
    replied
    Lelie Is No Better Then A 2 Or 3 Wr

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    i thought that was a strange play call. but shannys game plan worked well enough for a win so i'm not second guessing.

samuel had pretty good position on lelie. i'm not sure if he could have done much against it.
    That little fade throw or whatever it has called has worked fairly well in the past. The corner made enough initial contact, that lelie never got a chance to make a play.

I would have preferred a run or bootleg, but if it had worked...

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    That is exactly what I wanted to see out of Ashley, he played with confidence. Somthing he has not done all year. He will be a great wr next year, hopfully he can put on about 10-15 pounds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X