Gold Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Situation

things aren't looking to good with Gold.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Forget that. If you read further down, you'll see that Eddie Mac is scheduled to make some sort of announcement Monday. Retirement or reduction of contract is possible.
    Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

I think gold and his agent are being unfair, the brocnos told him the injury wouldnt affect the contract talk, but asking for as much as wilson or even more is over the damn top, if i was the broncos i would be doing the exact same thing, reject that huge offer cause he DID just tear his ACL last season. Gold isnt being fair about this. If gold asked for maybe 3 or maybe even 4 mil his injury wouldnt affect the process, but he is asking for freakin 5+ and its not fair to the broncos with the current money situation they are in.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Lava I'm with you.

You just don't ask for that sort of money after an ACL tear. I don't care if your Ray Lewis, an ACL tear HAS ITS EFFECTS. Slows you down, slower reactions and speed basically.

Don't they have certain contracts where based on the amount stats they get bonuses? This might work against them though as they try to hard, ending up in missed tackles/INTs; that or it encourages them to try harder to show us (Bronco management) just how good he still is.

...dunno.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
        - Carl Sagan

Comment

15 mill$ signing bonus??? What the f**k???

Comment

I believe now that Salaam is gone and the others have restructed there contract there should be no problems for us to find a suitable number for Gold to resign with us for. I personally believe he shouldn't get anywhere near as much as Wilson maybe 4.5 mil a year or something he has talent but he'll need some serious evaulation thanks to that injury. I personally want to see Gold in Orange and blue next season and a long time to come from now, if we have to chose between berry and hayward I'm going with hayward. I have to agree with lava at the least we need to get gold hayward back for this champ-CP trade to make any bit of sense if we're going defensive their young talent will help us move some tiers upwards.
            sigpic
            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

There is something more going on with negotiations. I think other teams are filling Gold's head with plum fairy tales or something. 15 mill is ridiculous, maybe 8, 9, or even 10 if we have it, but 15?? Is he broke or something, pulling a Mike Tyson??

Comment

Originally posted by Pierce
                Forget that. If you read further down, you'll see that Eddie Mac is scheduled to make some sort of announcement Monday. Retirement or reduction of contract is possible.
                That will be a sad day if eddy mac calls it quits, he was a great guy & man could he take the hits.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
                  That will be a sad day if eddy mac calls it quits, he was a great guy & man could he take the hits.
                  A sad day in deed, but also a good day for Easy E. He put in work and earned his stripes and maybe its time to chill and enjoy the healthy life, but it would be nice to have one more year that way we could send him out in style, tributes and all.

Comment

in 1 regard i can see gold's point in bein mad or disappointed in denvers resigning approach....shanny did say his injury would have no affect on negotiations n apparently it is n thats not right...yes denver has the right 2 be careful in their investment bcuzz we've been burned b4....

but gold has no business throwing out a 15 mill signing bonus or even sayin i want 5 mill a yr....hes only been starter for a yr n and 1/2 ...yes hes a rising star but its not like hes been doin it for 3-4 straight years 2 command that much money.....but who knows some team might.....

Comment

Working...
                    X