Bailey at WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailey at WR

There is no way we are putting a Franchise caliber CB in at WR. I wouldn't say we have such GREAT confindence in our WR's when we put Deltha in last year. I know we had injuries, but did we have so many injuries where we had to put a CB that has never played WR in the lineup? I wouldn't say that we are 'fine' at WR so much that the THOUGHT of Champ lining up in the slot hasn't crossed the minds. I guess the good thing is, if we get into injury problems again, we know Champ will be a better WR than O'neal.
    I'm REALLY looking for a FA signing at the WR spot to fill that MUCH needed role.

Comment

Re: Bailey at WR

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
      There is no way we are putting a Franchise caliber CB in at WR. I wouldn't say we have such GREAT confindence in our WR's when we put Deltha in last year. I know we had injuries, but did we have so many injuries where we had to put a CB that has never played WR in the lineup? I wouldn't say that we are 'fine' at WR so much that the THOUGHT of Champ lining up in the slot hasn't crossed the minds. I guess the good thing is, if we get into injury problems again, we know Champ will be a better WR than O'neal.
      I'm REALLY looking for a FA signing at the WR spot to fill that MUCH needed role.
      They will draft a WR before they sign one. First there are not that many good young WR's in Free Agency and second the WR class in this year's draft is as deep as it has been in a while.

Comment

I actually seen Madise play a few games @ TCU, i think he has ability

Hey what about Chris Cole ?

Comment

Originally posted by jbones733
          Hey what about Chris Cole ?
          I think I read that we weren't going to re-sign him, but I'm not sure if he's even a free agent because no one talks about him. I hear the take on him is that he is fast as hell, but he doesn't run good routes and he drops a lot of passes. I like him though, I think he could develop into a nice option at WR, he also might improve as a return man and have a breakout year like Dante Hall(NO I am not comparing them, I am just making an assessment).

Comment

Originally posted by jbones733
            I actually seen Madise play a few games @ TCU, i think he has ability
            I saw some of him in last year's camps and on scout team. I think he has a lot of potential, but he has to utilize it and make something of it. There have been a lot of young players that have had potential but they never utilized it.

Comment

he also might improve as a return man and have a breakout year like Dante Hall(NO I am not comparing them, I am just making an assessment).

UH-OH! You done it now....the C word.

Hurry, someone start a thread comparing Cole to Hall.....lets see how many chef fans get their undies bunched up!
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                UH-OH! You done it now....the C word.

Hurry, someone start a thread comparing Cole to Hall.....lets see how many chef fans get their undies bunched up!
                Good one, but I put NO in big a** capital letters to keep that from happening. It would be nice if it happened though(I mean Cole stepping up, not the thread thing).

Comment

With the money there paying Bailey he better just focus on Corner because if he gets hurt playing as a 3rd rate receiver or on special teams Shanahan would and should be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Salute
                    With the money there paying Bailey he better just focus on Corner because if he gets hurt playing as a 3rd rate receiver or on special teams Shanahan would and should be fired.
                    This is true, but I think if he is a capable PR they should at least give him a look. I think that the PR spot is up for grabs right now, I don't think they will let Rod do it full time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by shawny
                      for a grand total of 68 million, he better be selling peanuts in the stands if he isnt on the field.

LOL

Good one Shawny.

Comment

No way would I put Champ at WR. Why aid the risk of him getting hurt, when it's dangerous enough out there? I say keep him at DB and let MarTay Jenkins step into the receiver role. He's got speed to burn, and Chris Cole and Madise need the reps and could contribute. Too risky I say.

Comment

Cole's an ufa and looking at signing with the chefs (so I hear).
                          Not a big loss....3 yrs. less than 30 catches......
                          And it would be MORE stupid to put CB at pr/kr than at wr.....not even worth talking about.
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                            No way would I put Champ at WR. Why aid the risk of him getting hurt, when it's dangerous enough out there? I say keep him at DB and let MarTay Jenkins step into the receiver role. He's got speed to burn, and Chris Cole and Madise need the reps and could contribute. Too risky I say.
                            After time to think about it, I definitely agree that having Champ do anything but shut down WR's would be crazy. He needs to be at full strength and not have any other distractions or extra chances of getting injured.

Comment

I don' t doubt that Bailey has the talent to play both sides of the ball, but letting him do it would be a stupid move. We didn't pay all that money on a player we've desperately needed for several years, just to put him needlessly at risk.
                              Sportsblog.org -- ThePostgame.com -- Bronczilla.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X