Salaam Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salaam Cut

Salaam was cut today in a cost saving move. The Broncos didn't want to pay him the 5 million roster bonus or his 1.4 mil base salary. He is expected to test FA. The problem if he does leave, which I would after the Broncos just took 5 mil from him, is that Lepsis doesn't and can't play left tackle, and Foster is practically a rookie after being injured for so long. It doesn't look good along the line....and not to mention that Gibbs is gone. And I don't care what some of you say, letting him go was dumb.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

I completely agree. Letting Gibbs go was a bad decision. I hope our defense is going to be really good, because it looks like it could be an interesting year for the offense. Salaam said that Lepsis has talked to him and said that he could not play left side, so like you said, I guess they can try Foster there. I hope he is up to it.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Re: Salaam Cut

Originally posted by rascal
      Salaam was cut today in a cost saving move. The Broncos didn't want to pay him the 5 million roster bonus or his 1.4 mil base salary. He is expected to test FA. The problem if he does leave, which I would after the Broncos just took 5 mil from him, is that Lepsis doesn't and can't play left tackle, and Foster is practically a rookie after being injured for so long. It doesn't look good along the line....and not to mention that Gibbs is gone. And I don't care what some of you say, letting him go was dumb.
      Rascal, take easy my man. Yes Foster is for all intensive purposes a rookie but if can stay healthy I think he'll be fine. If push comes to shove I think Lepsis could play LT, however it might be better to put Foster there, because that is what he would eventually be groomed for anyway. I hear ya on Gibbs but I honestly don't think that Shanahan would have moved Dennison to line coach if didn't think he could do the job.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

they sure are putting a lot on the line for a guy who hasn't been healthy for two years and has yet to play in the NFL. Didn't he play right tackle at college anyway? I played both tackle spots in highschool and then during college I played left tackle, we had a left handed quarterback, so it was like I was playing right in the traditional system. Then I had to switch, and man it was difficult. The footwork was different, the talent level was different (they would switch the defense to reflect our left handed quarterback), everything was different. I had entire summer, previous experience at highschool, and training camp to prepare for it and I still wasn't that great come start of the season. I am just concerned.
        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

they sure are putting a lot on the line for a guy who hasn't been healthy for two years and has yet to play in the NFL. Didn't he play right tackle at college anyway? I played both tackle spots in highschool and then during college I played left tackle, we had a left handed quarterback, so it was like I was playing right in the traditional system. Then I had to switch, and man it was difficult. The footwork was different, the talent level was different (they would switch the defense to reflect our left handed quarterback), everything was different. I had entire summer, previous experience at highschool, and training camp to prepare for it and I still wasn't that great come start of the season. I am just concerned.
          Foster did get a little playing time at the end of the season. I believe he played both tackle positions at Georgia. Also from what I remember about last years draft, Foster would have gone higher in the draft than Kawmie Harris and that ultimately he could be the best tackle from last season draft. Everything that I have been able to gleen about him seem to indicate that Foster has the footwork and speed to play LT. The only reason they were going to start him out at RT was to get him some experience. Only time will tell for sure, but I think Foster is real deal.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: Salaam Cut

Ouch..another lost....we will not recognize this Denver team this upcoming season....

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

IMO, Salaami sucked anyway. I can't count the number of times he was tapped and pushed out of the way by DE's.
              He may end up coming back, cheaper....one never knows.....
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X