Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spragan, Sykes and Pierce .... who is gonna step it up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spragan, Sykes and Pierce .... who is gonna step it up?

with mobley now on IR ... who do u think will put his hand up and step it up to Gold and Mobley's Level. Obviously losing players of their ability is gonna hurt .... but this could be a great opportunity for these guys. I thought Spragan has played the better out of the 3 ... but he did get injured against the pats ... any news on that ?? I think we really missed Gold and Mobley on that last pats drive on monday ..... that third down where we gave up 16yds really hurt us .... i think it could have been due to lack of experience of pierce and sykes.

I think whats hurt us most about losing these guys is their speed. We lost one of the fastest linebackers in the NFL (Gold) and a repsectively fast one (Mobley). Sykes is quick but just not as, Pierce's speed is unknown and Spragan isn't necessarily the quickest but your right, he does get the job done. I say get Pierce familiar with the game.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

Comment

I think Pierce will be interesting to watch. He's a rookie being asked to learn a new linebacking position. The Broncos think a lot of him but they're asking a lot in a hurry.

The Broncos originally picked Pierce as a possible successor to Al Wilson. But I hope the Broncos do everything in their power to get Al back under contract. We need that guy. Not to mention there's no guarantee either Gold or Mobley will fully recover by next season. We need Wilson back there for continuity's sake.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Pierce is too new to the system, I think Spagan will be the one likely to have the most playing time, Oierce will do some lesser time filling is as the weak side linebacker.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Last I heard, Spragan was a bit hobbled with an ankle problem, but it should be something that can mend with the bye week. I agree that Pierce is too new to the complexities of the pro linebacking position, but with some expeirence he should be a nice transition from rookie to solid backer. Spragan and Sykes seem solid, but the speed both Gold and Mobley brought will be missed. I look for Terry Pierce to be something special in a season or 2.

Comment

Just in case most of you forgot Jashon spent last year on the pratice squad, the same squad Rod Smith started on, he knows the D scheme and he has talent, if not for the neck injuy in college he would have been drafted... we got a steal with Sykes...
            Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Ian Gold i think is the biggest loss ..... he is lightening quick ...but i think all 3 should do the job well ... shanahan said that the linebacking position isnt an area which he thinks we will have problems with ... even with mobley and gold out. I think stopping the run wont be a problem ... Al seems to have these guys in check ... but its the short passes to the sides and the pressure 3rd down situations im more worried about.

Comment

Wondering about next season...we need to keep Wilson because he is the heart of the defense and one of the NFL's unsung heroes. We also need to keep Gold. I don't know about Mobley; some say this was going to be his last season anyway, and I think he might not want to play after this latest injury. We have got some solid backups (who just need a bit of experience, like Walls and Herndon did) in Sykes and Spragan, but I don't know about Pierce, ince I haven't seen him play yet. Alternatively, we could draft a Rookie OLB next season, but I'd like to keep with Sykes for the moment (if Mobley retires. i hope he doesn't, but it could well happen)
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I know if I was Mobely I would worry about my life out side of football, I would like to "walk off" the field instead of being carted off again. Life not football should come first but since this is a football forum I wold have to say keep AW he is our leader on the D he will get his D back together for next year...
                  Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

i really like spragan and sykes as backups they can step in at their positions and produce. spragan has a nice pysical game, a perfect fit for mobley's open strongside spot. sykes has the speed to replace gold, so there wont be much drop off on defense. Pierce just has to do a lot of learning at every position he isnt ready to produce at his full potential.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

That is how most starters get thier job, step in and step it up... never know if Mobely will call it quits next year so this just may be an audition for someone?
                      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Working...
                      X