Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncs Bomber
    Boy, that was fun.
    Boy, I sure liked your response better than mine.

In the end, these types of posts are meaningless rants from bitter, disgruntled fans. Posting it to a Broncos forum only confirms that fact.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PYPER
      Are you guys serious???

You guys were clearly GIVEN that game. I've never seen a game with more blatantly wrong calls all favoring the same team. I mean, seriously, you guys were essentially handed 24 points by the officials on four blown calls..

1) The PI call was rediculous. Contact was clearly initiated by Lelie. Yes Samuel was in his way but he has every right to be there. Lelie tried to go through him. That's interference.

Let me put it this way. It was PERFECT coverage. I don't know how many of you have ever played football or specifically defensive back, but that was a textbook example of perfect coverage. It was a TERRIBLE call. It could have been called offensive pass interference but the best call would have been no call. The officials gotta let these guys settle things on the field.
      When the first contact occurred (and you can see Lelie pushing Samuel) according to Pereira, that was fair game, both were playing the ball. The infraction occurred a couple of yards inside the end zone: the sideline ref was supposed to stop at the goal line, hence the ref at the back was "responsible" for calling whatever he saw. What was flagged was a movement of Samuel's left arm you could argue "pushing Lelie" (personally, I don't think it was an interference, but I can see why some people do).

2) Elams' 50 yard FG never should have happened. One of your Olineman was guilty of a clear false start. Would Elam have made it from 55? Maybe he would have, maybe he wouldn't have. He barely made it from 50 so the odds would be against him.
      Point well taken, but maybe you're over stating the effect. Elam still has a strong leg (obviously, he didn't hit the ball well the first time) and who knows, maybe on 4th and 6 the Broncos would have gone for it and in another long pass they get one more PI call to make it 14-3 ..

3) Bailey's fumble in the endzone. I actually agreed that the video replays didn't show conclusive evidence. That doesn't mean we can't criticize the officials for getting it wrong on the field. The angles of the video cameras may not have produced a conclusive shot but is there really a soul in here who doesn't know that that ball went through the endzone?
      If you could see the replay that NBC-7 Boston showed, from that angle (the same angle most of the refs had) it was apparent the ball was out of bounds.

4) Troy Brown's muff on the punt hasn't received any attention but that was probably the easiest fouls in the game. Denver was blatantly guilty of fair catch interference. A fair catch not only protects the returners ability to catch the ball in the air, it protects his ability to also catch the ball off a bobble until the ball hits the ground.

After Brown muffed the kick, Brown tried to reach out and snatch the ball out of the air. He should have been protected by the rules governing the fair catch, but instead the officials chose to overlook the fact that the Denver player tackled Brown before the ball had hit the ground.

This isn't a rule that many know about. It did however come into play earlier this year between the Chargers and Steelers on MNF.
      The closest Denver player run past Brown (standard practice) and when Brown fumbled, it hit first a New England player. It was clear it was "anybody's ball".

The end result is four mistakes by the officials paved the way for Denver to score 24 of their 27 points. Those were an important 24 points b/c Denver couldn't do anything against the resurgent Patriots defense.
      You can't be sure about that. It would have been an entirely different game: different game plans, different approach... nothing definitive.

The bottom line is that the Broncos received a gift and now must capitalize on it. If they go out and lay another doughnut against Pittsburgh, it'll be a disgrace to the favor which has been bestowed upon them. The Broncos have a responsibility to go out and win the Super Bowl.

As a Patriots fan, this loss hurts me bad. This is the type of loss that hurts the most. It's one thing to get beaten but quite another when you feel you've been cheated.

I'm not asking for any appologies. You have nothing to appologize for. Just don't pour salt in my wounds and have three page discussions where you deny that you received a gift.

You were given a present. Now be happy about it and most importantly......TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!!!
      With all your superiority complex, Patriots fans remind me a lot Yankees fans with a big difference: Yankees fans know hot to lose with dignity. You have to learn that before being considered seriously as a dinasty.

Respectfully.

Comment

Are you guys serious???
        Yes. One more point.

4) Troy Brown's muff on the punt hasn't received any attention but that was probably the easiest fouls in the game. Denver was blatantly guilty of fair catch interference. A fair catch not only protects the returners ability to catch the ball in the air, it protects his ability to also catch the ball off a bobble until the ball hits the ground.
        This one's on Belichick. If he wanted to challenge it, he could have.

I can't say I feel bad for you. Your team was NOT the best team in the NFL this year, even if you think you deserve to win the next 10 Superbowls by default. Get over yourself.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax
          Yes. One more point.

This one's on Belichick. If he wanted to challenge it, he could have.

I can't say I feel bad for you. Your team was NOT the best team in the NFL this year, even if you think you deserve to win the next 10 Superbowls by default. Get over yourself.

Actually, you're wrong......AGAIN!!!

The Patriots were already out of challenges b/c the officials made us waste them on two of their previous mistakes.

We had to burn one overturning Samuel's interception and then we used the 2nd one on the Bailey fumble/touchback.

The fact that most of you people are so unwilling to admit you got away with one is shocking to me. These aren't close plays. These aren't debatable. We're talking about BLATANT MISTAKES!!!

One positive from this discussion. I definitely know who I'm rooting for now. GO STEELERS!!!
          MEET THE NEW BOSS...SAME AS THE OLD BOSS

Comment

The Patriots were already out of challenges b/c the officials made us waste them on two of their previous mistakes.

We had to burn one overturning Samuel's interception and then we used the 2nd one on the Bailey fumble/touchback.

The fact that most of you people are so unwilling to admit you got away with one is shocking to me. These aren't close plays. These aren't debatable. We're talking about BLATANT MISTAKES!!!

One positive from this discussion. I definitely know who I'm rooting for now. GO STEELERS!!!
            Hmmm...sour grapes anyone.

I seem to recall New England on the receiving end of some dubious calls. Their luck had to run out sometime. Dispute it all you want, if the refs made mistakes then they would have come out and stated it...like they did with the Pittsburgh/Indy game.

Some advice...learn to lose with dignity. New England got outplayed, no team wins a game in which they turn the ball over that many times.
            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Well it's already been proven that the Bailey fumble never even was close to the end zone, so it's your own coach's fault that even got the red flag. If he wasn't so flag-happy, he could have challenged the muff.
              Last edited by Lomax; 01-20-2006, 09:18 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Great, us Broncos fans would not have it any other way!

Comment

Working...
                X