X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rcsodak
    replied
    ST's is a ++++++ for Denver
    TE's are a wash. Miller is fast becoming a big game player.
    I'd give the edge to Pitt's Dline. They're monsters, and play at 150mph.
    I hope Denver can match the intensity.

Leave a comment:

• Colorado69
    replied
    Should be a good game.

As was stated earlier, stop the run and be able to run and you have a chance to go all the way. Both teams excel at just those abilities. It should be a great game. The Steeler's D weakness is suppose to be their corners; whereas, the Bronco's D weakness is suppose to be their safeties. Both D lines are good. Both O lines are good. Running backs are good for both teams. There is quite an experience difference at the QB position. Big Ben is good and Jake is good. The wide receivers are good. The TEs are good. Both defenses use alot of blitzes. One difference is that Jake is alot more mobile than Big Ben. I don't know how well Big Ben throws on the run, but Jake is one of the best. It could be that small of a difference between the teams that determines the results.

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    The Steelers did what needed to be done against the Colts. The game plan was perfect against them. Not once did the Colts leave a TE on Porters side to help and we all waw what happened. The pretty much played them the same way the Chargers did and we all know what the outcome was.

Its been said many times in teh NFL from multiple coaches that Shanahan is a beast to try to game plan against. I look forward to the game. I really think Shanahan will be prepared for the blitz packages the Steelers are going to bring and if nothing else, adjust to them throughout the game. It just didn't seem like the Colts ever adjusted to them .

Leave a comment:

• Trench777
    replied
    Ok, lets see...

The "Browncos": If you are comparing them to who they were in Cleveland, you make the same mistake people would comparing your crew to lasts years. No comparison. The "Browncos" are rejuvinated & you had -better- hope your Black & Gold guys treat them more seriously than you do (which I'm 100% sure they do)

The points about your blitz schemes...you are right. Your D is not a joke at all! But to think for a moment that getting to Jake is -any-thing like getting to Big Bird on rollerskates that is Peyton Manning, you got another thing coming. He ain't called "The Snake" for nothing.

As for Champ covering the whole field...thank GOD this year he doesn't have to. We have a pair of -very- good rookie cornerbacks who can hold thier own against anyone, an outstanding LB core & one of the hardest hitting safeties in the game today (J. Lynch)

Which reminds me of something I wanted to post earlier...I would SO like to see Lynch/Bettis become the 21st century version of Atwater/Okoye for the highlight reels of the upcoming years. If you are unfamiliar with the Atwater/Okoye collision...Google it *wicked grin*

T777

Leave a comment:

• Thesameold333
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelerFanatic
    I would sort of be worried about your ex-Browns...those guys were run over, around, and generally beaten up by the Steelers for a couple of years before they came to Denver. Pretty much our same personnel have manhandled them before..don't see why they shouldn't be able to do it again.

Very good point that you bring up.......... I think the answer to your question is "motivation".........These guys no that they have been dominated in the past, by your running game.....and I am sure they are salivating at the oppurtunity to redeem themselves.

Truthfully...i dont see either team running the ball well.....and with That maniac in the middle you guys have in "Taz"......and the gamesaver we have in Champ...this should be a classic.

My Prediction:

Da Bears 72 points, Michael Jordan 12

DA BEARS!

(Im not willing to give a real prediciton)

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by steelcitymadman
    The Steelers are not the same team as last year....everyone thinks, "stop the run, put it in Ben's hands to win the game, he can't do it." He can do it, did anyone see the Colts? They stuffed the run and got burned with the pass.

Champ Bailey can't cover the whole field. So Hines doesn't have a big day...we've got Randle El and Cedrick Wilson too. Cover them and then you'll get burned by Heath Miller and Jerame Tuman.

I think the best 2 teams are still standing in the AFC - can't wait for the game!
    I can't wait either!

But if you think our pass d is like that of Indy... you have another thing coming

Leave a comment:

• steelcitymadman
    replied
    Originally posted by Emancipator
    We'll need to hit Jerome before he gets going. Smaller guys hit him low and go throw his legs. Broncos love to play against running teams. We'll have success against Jerome and Parker going straight ahead.........it's that Parker we'll need to contain on the outside.
    The Steelers are not the same team as last year....everyone thinks, "stop the run, put it in Ben's hands to win the game, he can't do it." He can do it, did anyone see the Colts? They stuffed the run and got burned with the pass.

Champ Bailey can't cover the whole field. So Hines doesn't have a big day...we've got Randle El and Cedrick Wilson too. Cover them and then you'll get burned by Heath Miller and Jerame Tuman.

I think the best 2 teams are still standing in the AFC - can't wait for the game!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    I would sort of be worried about your ex-Browns...those guys were run over, around, and generally beaten up by the Steelers for a couple of years before they came to Denver. Pretty much our same personnel have manhandled them before..don't see why they shouldn't be able to do it again.
    And Steve Young was likened to pond scum in Tampa Bay... what's your point?

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    We'll need to hit Jerome before he gets going. Smaller guys hit him low and go throw his legs. Broncos love to play against running teams. We'll have success against Jerome and Parker going straight ahead.........it's that Parker we'll need to contain on the outside.

Leave a comment:

• LoyalSoldier
    replied
    Jake better have eyes in the back of his head because if you watch the Colts game, every place Manning WASN'T looking was where the blitz came from. Porter and Polamalu are sneaky fast getting to the QB. And Hampton is going to make it a hard day for your interior line....you're gonna be BUSY double-teaming in the interior line.
    The thing about Jake is at times I wonder if he does have eyes back there. I can only remember seeing him get blindsided twice all season.

Leave a comment:

• steelcitymadman
    replied
    Originally posted by Firstwave64
    Manning was doing like 7 step passing staying back there way to long...believe plummer will have a 3 step pass all game....I really believe that the steelers are going to get beat with some big plays from there blitzing...If I was Denver I would set up screens to Mike....3 step plummer passes....run the ball even if its not getting that many yards..and then get the bootleg stuff going with bell and Mike.....Plummer just burns people with the bootleg...man this game is going to own
    Steelers fan here - no smack talk...just observations....

Peyton really had happy feet on Sunday - I loved it. He has a quick release when he needs it but the Steelers secondary has really stepped it up. They are really underrated. I think Jake will have a lot of troubles finding open receivers...and the screen? well I think the Steelers have been beaten one too many times to get burned too bad on the screen.

Watch out for Bryant McFadden when he's on the field...not a starter but a rookie with loads of talent.

Leave a comment:

• Firstwave64
    replied
    Manning was doing like 7 step passing staying back there way to long...believe plummer will have a 3 step pass all game....I really believe that the steelers are going to get beat with some big plays from there blitzing...If I was Denver I would set up screens to Mike....3 step plummer passes....run the ball even if its not getting that many yards..and then get the bootleg stuff going with bell and Mike.....Plummer just burns people with the bootleg...man this game is going to own

Leave a comment:

• SteelerFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Trench777
    This is going to be a dicey game for our D. We have not had to face a running back with the sheer power of The Bus (IS there another running back with his pure bowling ball attributes?). If they run straight at us & just pound, pound, pound, they have a chance of wearing us down and breaking off some big runs (not to mention how it will open up thier pass game)

On the other side of the ball...

To be very objective, I have not seen our running game being very effective (save the stats, plz, kthx) in the last several games. I've seen Shanny more & more willing to go away from the run & get pass-happy...which against this Steeler D means Jake better make reservations with the hot tub early Monday. Thier pass rush is -brutal-. If Shanny doesn't stick with the run longer than he has recently, Jake may get carried off on a stretcher.

The upside of thier blitz-happy scheming is; Jake IS da snake & if they over commit/over-blitz, he will roll out & dissect them like biology class froggies.

This is going to be a GREAT game & I just hope the media can wipe the tears from thier eyes from all the crying they are doing over the fact that the Pats/Coltsies aren't in the AFCCG long enough to enjoy the show.

T777
    Jake better have eyes in the back of his head because if you watch the Colts game, every place Manning WASN'T looking was where the blitz came from. Porter and Polamalu are sneaky fast getting to the QB. And Hampton is going to make it a hard day for your interior line....you're gonna be BUSY double-teaming in the interior line.

Leave a comment:

• SteelerFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Trench777
    This is going to be a dicey game for our D. We have not had to face a running back with the sheer power of The Bus (IS there another running back with his pure bowling ball attributes?). If they run straight at us & just pound, pound, pound, they have a chance of wearing us down and breaking off some big runs (not to mention how it will open up thier pass game)

On the other side of the ball...

To be very objective, I have not seen our running game being very effective (save the stats, plz, kthx) in the last several games. I've seen Shanny more & more willing to go away from the run & get pass-happy...which against this Steeler D means Jake better make reservations with the hot tub early Monday. Thier pass rush is -brutal-. If Shanny doesn't stick with the run longer than he has recently, Jake may get carried off on a stretcher.

The upside of thier blitz-happy scheming is; Jake IS da snake & if they over commit/over-blitz, he will roll out & dissect them like biology class froggies.

This is going to be a GREAT game & I just hope the media can wipe the tears from thier eyes from all the crying they are doing over the fact that the Pats/Coltsies aren't in the AFCCG long enough to enjoy the show.

T777

Leave a comment:

• Trench777
    replied
    Originally posted by Old-Timer
    I honestly dont expect Bettis to carry much at all in the 1st half and he wont get a lot of carries in the second half, the thin air is going to wear on him a lot. Willie Parker will be the guy in this game, he did have 1202 yards rushing this season and his speed should come up big in this game. Willie busted an 80 yard TD run in the second half of the bungle playoff game.
    They've got that 2-headed monster kinda like we do...except more pronounced (for lack of a better word). IF (and its a big "if") they can thump the middle with Bettis and get us to start stacking, then toss in Willie to exploit the edges...ugh.

Thin air, yeah, ok thats true. But they can spell the Bus with Parker. 15 from one, 15 from the other & theres a 30 run play game...basically 4 quarters worth of scary, punishing running. These fellas are not to be underestimated. AND its not like they have a Trent Dilfer taking hikes if/when they go away from the run game...I personally put Big Ben right in the same echelon as Plummer, as far as QBs go.

This is going to be a wicked good game (I -hope-!), with neither side having a clear advantage on the other out of the chutes.

T777

Leave a comment:

Working...
X