?Invesco???? at Mile High?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?Invesco???? at Mile High?

Did anyone see that report the other night about how they went to try and find out who and what Invesco really was since they share a big portion of the name on our beloved home?

The found out Invesco was all but out of business and was bought by AIM.

Why the heck is that name still on the Stadium? Back to MILE HIGH if you ask me!!!
    Cutler 2008:
    » He was No. 3 in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. NFL avg teams converted 39.5 percent of its third downs; Cutler converted 47.5 percent.
    »Threw for more yards than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger.
    » He had eight games of 300-plus passing yards (five of those at 350 or more), connecting for 15 TD's
    » 4th quarter of games Cutler completed 100 of 167 passes for 1,212 yards and 11 TD's with just four int's

No. Mile High is reserved for the old legendary stadium.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crush77
      Did anyone see that report the other night about how they went to try and find out who and what Invesco really was since they share a big portion of the name on our beloved home?

The found out Invesco was all but out of business and was bought by AIM.

Why the heck is that name still on the Stadium? Back to MILE HIGH if you ask me!!!
      I heard about that awhile ago. It is the parent company that owned Invesco that doesn't want to just give up naming rights.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
        No. Mile High is reserved for the old legendary stadium.
        I still hear many refer to it as Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium. Announcers etc.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
          I heard about that awhile ago. It is the parent company that owned Invesco that doesn't want to just give up naming rights.
          So now that I have just started getting used to the word "Invesco" is it possible it could become AIM Stadium? Is there a contract or "lease" involved? "Mile High" can always be used as a nick name I suppose.

The fans and the city wanted to keep the "Mile High" name as an intimidating factor and to hold on to history. That is why the call it "Invesco at Mile High"

"Mile High Stadium" would never be used now a days because of the cooperate sponsor thing going on I am sure.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Right, there will always, it seems now, be a corporate name associated with the stadium...

but why can't "John Elway's Dealerships" buy it? "John Elway Field at Mile High" or even the parent company of the Orange Crush soda? "Orange Crush Field at Mile High"?

Those are just two of my suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
              Right, there will always, it seems now, be a corporate name associated with the stadium...

but why can't "John Elway's Dealerships" buy it? "John Elway Field at Mile High" or even the parent company of the Orange Crush soda? "Orange Crush Field at Mile High"?

I LOVE the Orange Crush Stadium idea!!!
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

If we win the Superbowl this year, I'm sure several companies will try to "outbid" Invesco for naming rights. Who knows, it could be "Sarah Lee [email protected] Mile High" next year. The more successful a team is, the more people are willing to pay to get their name on your stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                  So now that I have just started getting used to the word "Invesco" is it possible it could become AIM Stadium? Is there a contract or "lease" involved? "Mile High" can always be used as a nick name I suppose.

The fans and the city wanted to keep the "Mile High" name as an intimidating factor and to hold on to history. That is why the call it "Invesco at Mile High"

"Mile High Stadium" would never be used now a days because of the cooperate sponsor thing going on I am sure.
                  Blue was right about it being called At Mile High. History is why that name remains.

As for the Invesco part, Invesco was an investment company that failed. It's parent company, AIM, from France I believe, wants to keep the name anyway. They signed a long contract, in the area of twenty years, to have that name. They still make the payments, and it's been said a few times this past year by Ray Baker, head of Stadium Management Company, that the name isnt changing anytime soon. As long as they make the payments, which they have said they intend to continue to make.

WHY? I have no clue, except to honor the contract they signed. There has been talk of changing it to AIM, or to one of the other company names they own, but so far, they havent made any moves to do so.

It's extremely unlikely we will ever see the name "Mile High Stadium" ever again. Not when you have companies waving millions of dollars to put their name on the building. It's just too much to resist, and $$$$$$$$ is what it's all about these days. Not history, or tradition.

However, I prefer to let the name Mile High go already. Mile High was a special place, and as much as the new barn is growing on me, it will never REPLACE the old one. Not in my heart.

This corporate monstrosity built to cater to corporations and one timer fans, (fans who only come once in a while when their company gives them tickets), can never compare with Mile High Stadium. A stadium built for FANS and FOOTBALL!

*shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                    If we win the Superbowl this year, I'm sure several companies will try to "outbid" Invesco for naming rights. Who knows, it could be "Sarah Lee [email protected] Mile High" next year. The more successful a team is, the more people are willing to pay to get their name on your stadium.

AIM's contract is good for another 15 years. Unless they give up the naming rights, nobody will be doing any bidding.

Comment

I got a suggestion, now that the Rapids will have their own home, and the Broncos will be the sole tenant.

Denver Broncos Stadium!

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                        Denver Broncos Stadium!
                        @ Mile High
                        sigpic

Comment

I have to agree as I also as lucky enough to spend many hours at Mile high making that moveable section shake and watching the south standers provide alternate action during the games (namely when the "cringe" Raiders came to town).

I was one of the people who wanted the name to stay the same but also understand the power of $$$$. Just thought it was an interesting article and wishfull thinking on my part Thanks for all the feedback!
                          Cutler 2008:
                          » He was No. 3 in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. NFL avg teams converted 39.5 percent of its third downs; Cutler converted 47.5 percent.
                          »Threw for more yards than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger.
                          » He had eight games of 300-plus passing yards (five of those at 350 or more), connecting for 15 TD's
                          » 4th quarter of games Cutler completed 100 of 167 passes for 1,212 yards and 11 TD's with just four int's

Comment

[QUOTE=BlueDamsel]Right, there will always, it seems now, be a corporate name associated with the stadium...

As long as Tampax or Kotex don't buy the rights I don't care.
                            Last edited by 16milehigh87; 01-17-2006, 09:07 PM.
                            Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=16milehigh87]

Those are just two of my suggestions! [/QUOTEAs long as Tampax or Kotex don't buy the rights I don't care.

Perfect names for the Raiders stadium though!

Comment

Working...
                              X