My Experience at Invesco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Experience at Invesco

This past weekend I made the nice 15 hour drive from San Diego to Denver to watch the Broncos dismantle the Patriots. Driving aside this was a great experience.

Well it didn'e start out to well on the day of the game, my gf and I left a little early from the hotel to walk to the stadium, we were only about a mile away. Well I ask the lady in the lobby of the hotel which way the stadium is, and well after 30 min of walking and no stadium, we realized we were going the wrong way. Needless to say I was pissed. So after the walk back, I wasn't about to walk again, so we drove to the game, found no parking as it was only an hour till' gametime, ended up paying like $40 somewhere, which is fine with me, don't really care. My first impression of the stadium was, Wow. Qualcomm is a piece of crap compared to Invesco.

During the game the whole experience was fantastic. For the most part the fans were great and totally into the game, food was good, no lines really, and it wasn't even that cold. Only one thing kind of ruined part of the game. This guy a couple seats down was very drunk and was yelling at all of us around him, saying that we weren't real fans and this and that. Needless to say some people didn't take that to well. The guy next to this drunk guy told him so, and promptly recieved a headbutt, breaking his nose. Well the drunk guy got thrown out, and his buddy that was with him got run out by the other people around, getting hit with beers and anything else they could throw. Other than that incident it was a great experience, one of the best parts had to be when this kid, maybe 7 years old, kept telling this guy in a Bruschi jersey to "Go Home!!!"

This past weekend was definately a great time I won't soon forget. Although I hope I never have to drive in weather like that again. On the way back it was snowing a lot of the time, at night, and it was very cold. So cold that the water in the lines to my windshield wipers, (you know the things that shoot water onto your windshield so you can clean it off) froze and I had to deal with dirty snow and everything on my windshield. That combined with the snow and darkness, made for a pretty interesting trip.

Anyways, for all you people living in Denver, you live in a great town that is very supportive of it's team, you should be proud. The next chance I get i will be coming back to see them play again. In the meantime I will make my annual trip to Qualcomm to watch them kick some Charger butt.
    Last edited by homestar; 01-18-2006, 02:18 AM.

It is a nice stadium, inside and out.

You need to try that drive through Colorado in early September. Its a great drive during the day. Maybe take in both a Broncos and Rockies game

Drunks - always everywhere. And big games just bring out more of the nuts.

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

Here's a link to a Southern Utah Sports Writer's story of the day.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=52853
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I have observed a couple of drunken fools myself but all in all, I love going to Bronco games. Often times, my husband and I found ourselves talking to fans from the visiting team but they have always been pleasant. I'm glad you enjoyed the new stadium.

Sig made by Snk16. Thank you for the great work!

Comment

I'm from Calgary and me and my wife made it down for the Patriots game. The stadium is amazing, and the fans around us were great.

We also went down to San Diego for the Chargers game, and Qualcomm is a dump. They better build a new stadium, or say goodbye to the SD Chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolOrange
            I have observed a couple of drunken fools myself but all in all, I love going to Bronco games. Often times, my husband and I found ourselves talking to fans from the visiting team but they have always been pleasant. I'm glad you enjoyed the new stadium.
            Yeah, there are bad apples in every bunch. All stadiums have a few in their barrel. I specifically remember a few instances in old Mile High Stadium sitting around fans from the opposing team.

It was always a pleasant experience for them being around a good group. I have witnessed some pretty bad stuff however.

I will never forget one specific one. We were in the tunnels at half time when some Raider fans and Bronco fans got into a big fight. These guys were teenage/young 20 types.

Anyway, one of the Raider fans slapped a Bronco fan on the side of his head, and his hat came flying off and landed at my feet. In the mean time the police had showed up and took over the situation. I bent over, picked up the hat and attempted to get it back to the Bronco fan. The cop had handcuffed this guy and they were working towards the exits. I hollered at the cop and said I wanted to get the hat back to it's owner. He looked at me and said "keep it. He will have to buy another one after he posts his bail".

I was a little shocked by that but at the same time it showed a no tolerance policy and even the home town fan was going to have to pay. Not only did he have to post his bail, buy a new hat but he missed out on the second half of a game.

I guess the moral of this story is the fact that these people who start fights and end up in jail should stop and think about their actions before hand. It's too bad they don't.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X