Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video proof - Champ's fumble was not a touchback

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Video proof - Champ's fumble was not a touchback

    Ok, based on some of the posts regarding whether or not the ball went through the endzone, I took pictures of a series of shots from NFL Total Access. I don't have any way to do video capture, so I had to take photos of the sequence, which aren't as sharp as if I could have done video capture.

    Here is a link to a single web page with the 9 or so pictures and descriptions:

    http://www.tnedstats.com/broncos/ChampsINTFUMB.htm

    Here is a link to the pictures themselves.

    http://www.tnedstats.com/broncos/ChampsINTFUMB_files

    While the camera angle's during replay were inconclusive, this one isn't. It was a fumble out of bounds, not a touch back.

    P.S. One last note. If you look at the series of shots, when the ball first becomes visible near Warren's hand, it is just over the 'B' in the bronco banner in the background. In the last shot, it is higher and to the LEFT of that 'B'. That 'B' provides us with a reference point, showing a straight line from the camera position and a point beyond the pylon, this point remains fixed. This just helps clarify that the angle the ball came out from stayed left of the line from the camera to the 'B', which is LEFT of the pylon, showing there is no way the ball went into the endzone.
    Last edited by tnedator; 01-18-2006, 05:31 AM.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by tnedator
    Ok, based on some of the posts regarding whether or not the ball went through the endzone, I took pictures of a series of shots from NFL Total Access. I don't have any way to do video capture, so I had to take photos of the sequence, which aren't as sharp as if I could have done video capture.

    Here is a link to a single web page with the 9 or so pictures and descriptions:

    http://www.tnedstats.com/broncos/ChampsINTFUMB.htm

    Here is a link to the pictures themselves.

    http://www.tnedstats.com/broncos/ChampsINTFUMB_files

    While the camera angle's during replay were inconclusive, this one isn't. It was a fumble out of bounds, not a touch back.

    P.S. One last note. If you look at the series of shots, when the ball first becomes visible near Warren's hand, it is just over the 'B' in the bronco banner in the background. In the last shot, it is higher and to the LEFT of that 'B'. That 'B' provides us with a reference point, showing a straight line from the camera position and a point beyond the pylon, this point remains fixed. This just helps clarify that the angle the ball came out from stayed left of the line from the camera to the 'B', which is LEFT of the pylon, showing there is no way the ball went into the endzone.

    Thats some big time work you did there!! Good Job!!

    Comment


    • #3
      While I can't really see the ball definitively until the last 2, I can definitively see that the ball was never near the pylon. Good call!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SkyFlash1
        While I can't really see the ball definitively until the last 2, I can definitively see that the ball was never near the pylon. Good call!
        Yea, I had the advantage of knowing where the ball is from watching it on TV, which was clearer than my pics, which is why I described where the ball was. You can really only see a brown blur.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the hard work tnedator. It's nice to see that there is more conclusive evidence of why it was the right call.
          John 11: 25-27

          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



          Thanks Snk16

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tnedator
            Ok, based on some of the posts regarding whether or not the ball went through the endzone, I took pictures of a series of shots from NFL Total Access. I don't have any way to do video capture, so I had to take photos of the sequence, which aren't as sharp as if I could have done video capture.

            Here is a link to a single web page with the 9 or so pictures and descriptions:

            http://www.tnedstats.com/broncos/ChampsINTFUMB.htm

            Here is a link to the pictures themselves.

            http://www.tnedstats.com/broncos/ChampsINTFUMB_files

            While the camera angle's during replay were inconclusive, this one isn't. It was a fumble out of bounds, not a touch back.

            P.S. One last note. If you look at the series of shots, when the ball first becomes visible near Warren's hand, it is just over the 'B' in the bronco banner in the background. In the last shot, it is higher and to the LEFT of that 'B'. That 'B' provides us with a reference point, showing a straight line from the camera position and a point beyond the pylon, this point remains fixed. This just helps clarify that the angle the ball came out from stayed left of the line from the camera to the 'B', which is LEFT of the pylon, showing there is no way the ball went into the endzone.
            Very nice. That should end all discussion. Those media type jerks and the Pansies and their fans can shove it.
            The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

            Comment


            • #7
              Good work

              TRAINING CAMP 2005



              I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette.
              - Rodney Dangerfield

              Comment


              • #8
                I need to spread some CP first, but I'll get back to you. =)


                My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

                I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great thread. We'll probably end up digging it up the next time a Pats fan wants to start some trouble
                  You've got to know when to sack em...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great work, but I have a question

                    Why has no one mentioned the fact that a 330 lb. nose tackle is that close to the play? This is evidence that Gerard Warren does hustle. So much for the lazy fat player image that he was labeled with in Cleveland. Warren should be commended for running the length of the field trying to block for Champ. Another example of Shanahan making the correct assessment in personnel.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Colorado69
                      Why has no one mentioned the fact that a 330 lb. nose tackle is that close to the play? This is evidence that Gerard Warren does hustle. So much for the lazy fat player image that he was labeled with in Cleveland. Warren should be commended for running the length of the field trying to block for Champ. Another example of Shanahan making the correct assessment in personnel.
                      Heh yeah.. the Browns just didn't know how to use him.
                      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Can you guys honestly call that "proof"? A more telling thread title would have been "I am bored - Check out these pictures of Champ".
                        Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by OceanBeachBolts
                          Can you guys honestly call that "proof"? A more telling thread title would have been "I am bored - Check out these pictures of Champ".
                          Does it matter? The pictures could have been taken of one of the TWO times we beat the crap out of your team this year and the call on the field still would have been that it was out at the 1.

                          Anywho....


                          Check out Goal Line Blitz

                          WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by OceanBeachBolts
                            Can you guys honestly call that "proof"? A more telling thread title would have been "I am bored - Check out these pictures of Champ".
                            alright now this is insanity
                            VISUAL evidence, not text explaining VISUAL evidence, there isnt any better proof in the dam business.
                            This is bias right here, its like me telling you that you are your mothers child, and with DNA evidence in front of you, you throwing it out the window and telling the doctor "Can you guys honestly call that "proof"?
                            Blet

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OceanBeachBolts
                              Can you guys honestly call that "proof"? A more telling thread title would have been "I am bored - Check out these pictures of Champ".

                              Maybe you should retitle your post, "My team is out of the playoffs again and I'm bored, so I spend my time visiting a playoff team's forum instead of my own team's".

                              .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X