Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Pats fans so much better than Steeler fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Pats fans so much better than Steeler fans?

Have you guys noticed the Steeler's fans inability to accept the fact that Denver is a good team? 9 out of 10 of their fan's REFUSE to give credit when credit is due. I have been on several threads expressing how I do not deny the Steelers are a great team and how it will be a close game and all they can do is "duh..joo will loose!!!" What gives?
    They're scared.
    17.24%
    They're overconfident.
    37.93%
    They're just dumb.
    44.83%

what annoys me the most is when they come to OUR board and act all indignant when our posters expect our team to win. it's just dumb...... HELLO! (in best herm edwards impression) this is the broncos board. we're going to think our team is going to beat your team. we ARE going to say our pass defense is better than the 29th rank. you AREN'T going to convince us otherwise by bringing up your damn stats. don't call us blind on our own board, our pass defense is good even though our rank is bad.
    the only stat that really matters in terms of pass defense is points per game. i just checked. we were ranked third in points allowed per game in the league. that means our defense is good. now how can we have the 29th ranked pass defense in the league and give up the third fewest points per game in the entire league? that must mean the stats aren't telling the full story eh?

p.s. am i the only one who thinks steelvein is a big joke? he completely freaks out because our posters think our team is better than his team on our own board. .

Comment

I have noticed one other thing, they try their best to do not let us post on their forums. I was just gonna go there and wish them a good game and tell them to keep their dogs from our side of the yard but you have to list your grandparents and parents and siblings and all kinds of crap in an email just to get a password for their silly little message boards. I was also gonna copy/paste what their less intelligent fans have posted here but since I don't have the golden key yet I guess I will have to wait.

Comment

I feel bad for all the Steelers fans that flew/drove out to Denver for the game........
        sigpic

Comment

I wish I could go, stuck here in crappy ol' Memphis.

Comment

I think the Steeler fans suffer from the same affliction that do most fans of NFL teams that have been NFL teams since long before the merger: arrogance. Their team has a history, darn it, and it's a rare football club that was around back then that didn't have their glory days (maybe Arizona would be the exception?). Fact is, 35 years later the old members of the AFL are still treated with a small amount of disdain. Sure, the Pats fans are used to winning - over the last 10 years or so. The Steelers heyday was back before I got my training wheels off my two wheeler.

This phenomenon has repeated itself in an interesting way; if you go to any of the Seattle boards, you'll find the newbies welcomed with open arms - Seahawk fans or otherwise - so long as they're respectful of those who have been around the board for longer than they have. And Seattle has always been the redheaded stepchild of the NFL that no one wants to talk about.

Having said that, if it becomes a DEN/SEA Super Bowl (my wildest football fantasy come true), I can only imagine how the Denver fans that visit the SEA boards will treat the members there, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
              I feel bad for all the Steelers fans that flew/drove out to Denver for the game........
              Actually, I feel more sorry for the ones that have already started purchasing tickets to Detroit and making hotel reservations.

Sig made by Snk16. Thank you for the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolOrange
                Actually, I feel more sorry for the ones that have already started purchasing tickets to Detroit and making hotel reservations.
                I dont, get they will get treated to excitting Broncos team, much more excitting then the one they are used to watching LOL!
                sigpic

Comment

Something must be done, a new law of some sort against idiot football fans of any type.

Comment

I was about to come into this thread to say that Steelers fans have been a lot more civil than Pats fans in the threads that I've visited and that I've had several civil discussions about the teams with several different fans.

Actually, so far, I like Steeler fans a lot more. Even the trolls are funnier.
                    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                    . Post Your Artwork .
                    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

don't "lump" us all together!!
                      every "family" has a few bad apples!!!!
                      STEELERS: 31
                      broncos: 24

here's to a great game:

''We certainly aren't going to let history dictate our journey,but our journey can make history.'' -Cowher

Comment

I gotta say they are scared and stupid, big ben acts like he is the shiznit.

Give me a break.
                        sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

actually, Mr. Roethlisberger is sort of shy, and not at all cocky- he is confident on the sideline, like any team leader has to be, but outside of game situations he is very humble, and never has anything bad to say about the upcoming opponent
                          STEELERS: 31
                          broncos: 24

here's to a great game:

''We certainly aren't going to let history dictate our journey,but our journey can make history.'' -Cowher

Comment

The week started out well with a lot of mutual respect and classy conversation that was actually relevant to the game of football.

But then, a number of others who are less informed fans, trolls if you will, that come just to spew out things they haven't even thought much on.

But you're going to get that from any team. At the beginning of the week, I appreciated the mutual respect both teams could show each other, but now, the ridiculous statements are making me sick.

If we can't be realistic, why waste the time typing.

Both teams are very good, and even after one of these teams loses, both teams will still be very close in abilities. You could probablly play this game 10 times and finish with a 60/40 split.

I think we forget that sometimes. Neither team has to suck in order to lose. One will just be better tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by psychoWard
                              don't "lump" us all together!!
                              every "family" has a few bad apples!!!!
                              Noted, you are hereby on my very short list of Steeler fans I've come across that do not throw dung at each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X