X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyFlash1
    replied
    Originally posted by psychobilly
    LOL. The program will not allow me to spell Lynne's last name!
    It would let you spell ice though.

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    Cool

Originally posted by So.CalBRONCOFAN
    Yeah, my dad was neighbors with his dad! I'm not kidding! This was when I was like 1 years old so I dont remember. But my dad has plenty of memories about him and his father.
    I live in Minnesota now, but when I was 14 I lived in Denver for a while (1981) and got Rulon's autograph at aFord Dealership where my dad worked. My bothers and I got to meet the players before the public was let in! Also got signed photos from Riley Odoms, Bob Swenson, Mike Harden, Larry Evans, Barney Chavous, Rubin Carter and maybe a few others. I will have to look for those! I don't remember who was all there! I remember Odom tossed me a small football with his autograph!!

Denver barely missed the playoffs that year. Dan Reeve's first season.

Leave a comment:

• So.CalBRONCOFAN
    replied
    Yeah, my dad was neighbors with his dad! I'm not kidding! This was when I was like 1 years old so I dont remember. But my dad has plenty of memories about him and his father.

Leave a comment:

• MowrMowr
    replied
    One of my favorite Broncos of all time. I just got this poster off eBay last week:

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Di¢key.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    Originally posted by lamestain
    I was at that game, and not to be nitpicky, but I think what you're thinking of was when RJ sacked Tony Eason in the endzone for a safety that clinched the game.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=4795

But, yes, I'm with you. Rulon was fantastic. Love that guy.

Off topic, but it's interesting how we remember games. I was at the '85 MNF "Snowball Incident" game against the 49ers, and I remembered it as: At the end of the game, Ray Wersching tried to kick the game-winning field goal. A snowball thrown from the stands landed in front of him, broke his concentration, and the kick sailed wide, Broncos win. This was the exact account given in at least 2 other internet sites that I saw. It was also the account given by Larry Zimmer in his "Stadium Stories" book.

Then I got a copy of the game on DVD, and to my suprise, we all remembered the game incorrectly. The infamous incident actually happened at the end of the 2nd quarter, not at the end of the game. Also, Wersching didn't miss the field goal, he never kicked it. The snowball landed in front of holder Matt Cavanaugh, who flubbed the hold. He picked it up and tried to throw it, incomplete. Interesting.
    You know what? I think you are right! It was a sac for a safety. It is funny how the memory changes over time! None the less, Rulon was great.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    I believe Rulon was actually AFC Defensive Player of the Year one year...And out of the league two years later...He and Reeves had some type of run-in.

Coincidently, Rulon was drafted in the second round from a pick we got from Cleveland for Lyle Alzado...And Rulon was probably a better DE than Alzado, although not as "famous".

Leave a comment:

• lamestain
    replied
    I was at that game, and not to be nitpicky, but I think what you're thinking of was when RJ sacked Tony Eason in the endzone for a safety that clinched the game.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=4795

But, yes, I'm with you. Rulon was fantastic. Love that guy.

Off topic, but it's interesting how we remember games. I was at the '85 MNF "Snowball Incident" game against the 49ers, and I remembered it as: At the end of the game, Ray Wersching tried to kick the game-winning field goal. A snowball thrown from the stands landed in front of him, broke his concentration, and the kick sailed wide, Broncos win. This was the exact account given in at least 2 other internet sites that I saw. It was also the account given by Larry Zimmer in his "Stadium Stories" book.

Then I got a copy of the game on DVD, and to my suprise, we all remembered the game incorrectly. The infamous incident actually happened at the end of the 2nd quarter, not at the end of the game. Also, Wersching didn't miss the field goal, he never kicked it. The snowball landed in front of holder Matt Cavanaugh, who flubbed the hold. He picked it up and tried to throw it, incomplete. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    Yeah.. that filter can be annoying sometimes.

I remember Rulon Jones.. he was a beast. Made a few Probowls in his career but didn't play that long.

He owns a ranch for hunting and fishing in Utah .. website here

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Rulon was a good defensive player. I liked him rushing on the outside.

Leave a comment:

• psychobilly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psychobilly
    replied
    My most vivid recollection of him is with two arms in the air standing over Lynne ****ey in the 4th quarter at Mile High to ise the game. Denver beat GB in that game which was played in a snowstorm.

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    started a topic Remember Rulon Jones!

Remember Rulon Jones!

I remember him causing a game winning fumble that went for a Denver TD late in the game against the Patriots back in the 1986 Divisional playoffs! Even back then the Patriots had troubles with Denver. The next week they were in Cleveland the site of John Elway's famous "DRIVE"!!!

Lets all thank Rulon! He greatly helped put the Broncos in the AFC championship that year!!!

Where is he now? Anyone know?
Working...
X