No announcement yet.

Superbowl in Detroit, -Bust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Being a native Coloradan now living in Michigan, some of you guys are showing less class than most of Detroiters. No, I don't go to Detroit much, but it's mainly because I don't want to deal with the traffic and crowds. One of the same reasons I moved away from Denver.

The City of Detroit has made a huge effort to improve in the past few years. The days of burning down the city when the Pistons or Red Wings win it all are over for the most part. Yes, Detroit has crime. So does every major city in America. Yes, Detroit has gangs, drugs, etc. So does every major city in America. If you haven't been to a city to experience it yourself, don't knock it.

As far as a Superbowl in Detroit, I would be more worried about the weather than the crime. We've gotten nearly 6 inches of snow here in Northern Michigan in the last 4 hours, and it isn't letting up. Detroit is getting freezing rain at the moment. The city has done MAJOR clean up and renovation work since they were awarded this game. As ANY city would do when awarded a Superbowl.

From one Denver Native and lifelong Broncomaniac to everyone, please show the class that I remember 99% of us had.

made by snk16

Comment

Originally posted by ShotPutKing
      superbowl XL is in detroit.

But XLX = L, and X = X, XXLX = XL.

Know your Roman Numerals.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
        Location has nothing to do with to it me. Besides, I went to XVI in Detroit, and it wasnt that bad really.

However, this time I plan to do the one day thing. Wake up long before dawn, head to the airport, fly to Detroit, bus to the game, cruise the NFL Experience, watch said game, bus right back to the airport & fly home. The whole thing should take just about 24 hours.

I did this for XXXII, and I loved it! No hotels, no parking, none of that stuff. Just go watch a football game, which ALL I am interested in!

Detroit, San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, Pasedana, all the same field......................

Hey man... If you go, I want in on it.
        sigpic

Comment

Who cares where it is! Surely as not just a Broncos fan, but as a football fan, the experience is what it's about!

I for one would LOVE to go to a Superbowl, regardless of who is playing(except the Pats). It's one of the premiere sporting events in the world!
          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
            Location has nothing to do with to it me. Besides, I went to XVI in Detroit, and it wasnt that bad really.

However, this time I plan to do the one day thing. Wake up long before dawn, head to the airport, fly to Detroit, bus to the game, cruise the NFL Experience, watch said game, bus right back to the airport & fly home. The whole thing should take just about 24 hours.

I did this for XXXII, and I loved it! No hotels, no parking, none of that stuff. Just go watch a football game, which ALL I am interested in!

Detroit, San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, Pasedana, all the same field......................

Dang kid, I want your job!!!

Comment

Working...
            X