X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn
    Location has nothing to do with to it me. Besides, I went to XVI in Detroit, and it wasnt that bad really.

However, this time I plan to do the one day thing. Wake up long before dawn, head to the airport, fly to Detroit, bus to the game, cruise the NFL Experience, watch said game, bus right back to the airport & fly home. The whole thing should take just about 24 hours.

I did this for XXXII, and I loved it! No hotels, no parking, none of that stuff. Just go watch a football game, which ALL I am interested in!

Detroit, San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, Pasedana, all the same field......................

Dang kid, I want your job!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Who cares where it is! Surely as not just a Broncos fan, but as a football fan, the experience is what it's about!

I for one would LOVE to go to a Superbowl, regardless of who is playing(except the Pats). It's one of the premiere sporting events in the world!

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn
    Location has nothing to do with to it me. Besides, I went to XVI in Detroit, and it wasnt that bad really.

However, this time I plan to do the one day thing. Wake up long before dawn, head to the airport, fly to Detroit, bus to the game, cruise the NFL Experience, watch said game, bus right back to the airport & fly home. The whole thing should take just about 24 hours.

I did this for XXXII, and I loved it! No hotels, no parking, none of that stuff. Just go watch a football game, which ALL I am interested in!

Detroit, San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, Pasedana, all the same field......................

Hey man... If you go, I want in on it.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShotPutKing
    superbowl XL is in detroit.

But XLX = L, and X = X, XXLX = XL.

Know your Roman Numerals.

Leave a comment:

• michbroncofan
    replied
    Wow. Being a native Coloradan now living in Michigan, some of you guys are showing less class than most of Detroiters. No, I don't go to Detroit much, but it's mainly because I don't want to deal with the traffic and crowds. One of the same reasons I moved away from Denver.

The City of Detroit has made a huge effort to improve in the past few years. The days of burning down the city when the Pistons or Red Wings win it all are over for the most part. Yes, Detroit has crime. So does every major city in America. Yes, Detroit has gangs, drugs, etc. So does every major city in America. If you haven't been to a city to experience it yourself, don't knock it.

As far as a Superbowl in Detroit, I would be more worried about the weather than the crime. We've gotten nearly 6 inches of snow here in Northern Michigan in the last 4 hours, and it isn't letting up. Detroit is getting freezing rain at the moment. The city has done MAJOR clean up and renovation work since they were awarded this game. As ANY city would do when awarded a Superbowl.

From one Denver Native and lifelong Broncomaniac to everyone, please show the class that I remember 99% of us had.

Leave a comment:

• ShotPutKing
    replied
    xl

superbowl XL is in detroit.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied
    Originally posted by alan
    seriously are you telling me that you wouldnt jump at the change to see a superbowl in person...superbowl XXLX baghdad..im there

Um, Super Bowl XXLX is in Detroit...

Leave a comment:

• SeekandDestroy
    replied
    I really don't care where the Super Bowl is, just as long as the broncos are in it.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied
    seriously are you telling me that you wouldnt jump at the change to see a superbowl in person...superbowl XXLX baghdad..im there

Leave a comment:

• So.CalBRONCOFAN
    replied
    Yeah, I wanted to go, but Detroit..I would rather watch at home then get shot.

Leave a comment:

• ShotPutKing
    replied
    detroit

tonyj, grow up. first off, where the superbowl is, you're about 10, 15 miles from a rough area of town, you won't witness any "gangbanging". sorry it's not as nice as indianapolis, we can't all be a cute city like that. secondly, if you're not willing to go to a superbowl because of it's location, then you're not enough of a broncos fan for the team to want you at the game.

Leave a comment:

• SkyFlash1
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyJ
    How many of you, if the Broncos make it to the Superbowl will not go because it is in Detroit and not a more desirable location like FL or CA?

As for myself, if the Superbowl was somewhere besides Detroit, I would try to go, but I have no desire to go to Detroit.
    My objection to Detroit is the dome and fake grass. Football is an outdoor sport and was always intended to be such. The game should be in Denver, Chicago, Cleveland, or Green Bay. These are places where football is played. However, it's the outrageous cost of tickets that keeps me away. But I would much prefer going to a real football town than a fake one.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBroncosJM
    replied
    Ive actually been looking around to see if I could go....the lowest price I am coming up with for tickets is around 3700.00 for two. that doesnt include airfare from Cali and a hotel. Plus all the hotels in a ten mile radius are booked unless you go with one of the sport packages people have for sale.

So it would be around 6500.00 or so for the whole weekend.

Leave a comment:

• y2cragie
    replied
    The best thing about Detroit, the new Northwest terminal at the airport. Otherwise I was happy to leave as soon as possible without leaving the perimeter. However I could be tempted for the superbowl, too bad plane tickets would be beyond my range for the days required.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    I'll still go!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X