X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plummer has second best passing % in playoffs of any active player

POSTSEASON COMPLETION PERCENTAGE, ACTIVE PLAYERS
    (MINIMUM 100 ATTEMPTS)
    Player...............Gms..Att..Cmp..Pct.
    1..Kurt Warner (Ari.)..7..268..169..63.1
    2..Jake Plummer (Den.)..5..167..104..62.3
    3..Tom Brady (N.E.)..11..367..225..61.3
    4..Chad Pennington (NYJ)..4..138..84..60.9
    5..Jeff Garcia (Det.)..3..117..71..60.7
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

good for jake, go broncos!!!

Comment

Here's a few more tidbits:

Since Week 6, few quarterbacks in the NFL were more
      efficient than the Broncos’ Jake Plummer. In his last 11 games
      beginning with Denver’s 28-20 win against New England on Oct.
      16, Plummer compiled a passer rating of 97.7 that was topped
      only by the Colts’ Peyton Manning (108.7) and Seahawks’ Matt
      Hasselbeck (98.9) during that time.

Plummer also threw 13 touchdowns and only four
      interceptions during that period, which marked the second-best
      touchdown-to-interception ratio (3.25) in the league.

NFL PASSER RATING LEADERS,
      WEEK 6 (OCT. 16-17) THROUGH END OF REG. SEASON, 2005
      Player Att. Cmp. Pct. Yds. TD INT Rtg.
      1. Peyton Manning, Ind. 308 209 67.9 2,624 21 6 108.7
      2. Matt Hasselbeck, Sea. 275 180 65.5 2,132 17 7 98.9
      3. Jake Plummer, Den. 302 190 62.9 2,487 13 4 97.7
      4. Carson Palmer, Cin. 345 229 66.4 2,535 21 10 96.2
      5. Trent Green, K.C. 379 242 63.9 3,135 14 7 94.4

NFL TOUCHDOWN-TO-INTERCEPTION RATIO LEADERS,
      WEEK 6 (OCT. 16-17) THROUGH END OF REG. SEASON, 2005
      Player TD INT Ratio
      1. Peyton Manning, Ind. 21 6 3.50
      2. Jake Plummer, Den. 13 4 3.25
      3. Brad Johnson, Min. 12 4 3.00
      4. Matt Hasselbeck, Sea. 17 7 2.43
      5. Mark Brunell, Was. 17 8 2.13

NFL PASSER RATING LEADERS, FIRST HALF, 2005
      Player Att. Cmp. Pct. Yds. TD INT Rtg.
      1. Carson Palmer, Cin. 280 195 69.6 2,098 20 5 107.7
      2. Ben Roethlisberger, Pit. 154 94 61.0 1,475 11 4 105.8
      3. Matt Hasselbeck, Sea. 256 170 66.4 2,074 16 5 103.9
      4. Drew Brees, S.D. 284 192 67.6 2,191 16 5 102.0
      5. Jake Plummer, Den. 259 168 64.9 2,090 13 3 101.7

The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
        POSTSEASON COMPLETION PERCENTAGE, ACTIVE PLAYERS
        (MINIMUM 100 ATTEMPTS)
        Player...............Gms..Att..Cmp..Pct.
        1..Kurt Warner (Ari.)..7..268..169..63.1
        2..Jake Plummer (Den.)..5..167..104..62.3
        3..Tom Brady (N.E.)..11..367..225..61.3
        4..Chad Pennington (NYJ)..4..138..84..60.9
        5..Jeff Garcia (Det.)..3..117..71..60.7
        Considering that he has 100 fewer attempts than Warner and 200 less than Brady, I don't think it's all that significant.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
          Considering that he has 100 fewer attempts than Warner and 200 less than Brady, I don't think it's all that significant.
          I would have expected nothing less than that response from you, Molehill. However, I am simply sharing some interesting tidbits from the Bronco's press release.

I am sure if Jake had 200 more pass attempts you would have issue with it also. It's ok, most of us have some irrational behavior we can't shake, yours is Jake bashing.

Hmmm, makes you woinder why he flips off HIS fans...

sigpic

Comment

I would have expected nothing less than that response from you, Molehill. However, I am simply sharing some interesting tidbits from the Bronco's press release.

I am sure if Jake had 200 more pass attempts you would have issue with it also. It's ok, most of us have some irrational behavior we can't shake, yours is Jake bashing.

Hmmm, makes you woinder why he flips off HIS fans...
            Actually, you're wrong. If he had the attempts, it would make the stat more significant.

As far as why he flips off the fans, it's because he's immature, but that's the subject for another thread.
            sigpic

Comment

Actually, you're wrong. If he had the attempts, it would make the stat more significant.

As far as why he flips off the fans, it's because he's immature, but that's the subject for another thread.
              Ok, well I will save this post and we can pick it back up in a two or three years and see if you really mean what you say.

sigpic

Comment

Considering the Broncos are a run first, pass second team, I would expect this stat to be low.

Plummers completion percentage for 2005 was 60.7.
                Completion percentage vs. Pats was 58.

Taking those into account, I would say Jake is pretty consistant in completing his passes (between 58-62%).
                sigpic
                Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                -Sean Payton

Comment

And as always, you IGNORE all the facts with your "selective logic". You failed to point out that Satan Jake also has MORE attempts than Garcia and Pennington.

Therefore, Jake's stats are every bit as signifigant as he is right in the middle of the 5 QBs listed concerning number of attempts.

BTW, that's why percentages are used, so you (well not you, but reasonable people) can compare QBs that have different numbers of passing attempts, as it is illogical to assume Satan Jake's percentage will decrease.

Also, " I don't think it's all that significant" is an opinion. Jake being #2 is a FACT. But then again, you've never let a FACT get in the way of your extremely prejudiced opinion. I prefer facts.

Comment

Ok, well I will save this post and we can pick it back up in a two or three years and see if you really mean what you say.
                    Here's a thread the Molehill made after the Miami game...The first game of the season, if you want to see how well Molehill does in predictions and ability to diagnose his own team. He was ready to give up after only one game.

Edit:
                    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...686#post819686

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
                      Here's a thread the Molehill made after the Miami game...The first game of the season, if you want to see how well Molehill does in predictions and ability to diagnose his own team. He was ready to give up after only one game.

Edit:
                      http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...686#post819686
                      He said the loss would come back to bite us IF we ended up tied with KC or San Diego, which didn't happen. So he wasn't wrong.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                        He said the loss would come back to bite us IF we ended up tied with KC or San Diego, which didn't happen. So he wasn't wrong.
                        Wow! He stated the obvious!!!

Come on now, ANY LOSS would hurt if we ended up tied with anyone.

To use the molehill's favorite bit of "wisdom": DUH!
                        (I even used big letters just like he does, so that makes it even more DUH!)

If you're impressed with that, here's one for you: I predict the sun will rise in the East tomorrow morning. MARK MY WORDS. Set your alarm clock and let me know how it turns out.

BTW, it was just ONE GAME, wasn't it? Wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
                          Wow! He stated the obvious!!!

Come on now, ANY LOSS would hurt if we ended up tied with anyone.

To use the molehill's favorite bit of "wisdom": DUH!
                          (I even used big letters just like he does, so that makes it even more DUH!)

If you're impressed with that, here's one for you: I predict the sun will rise in the East tomorrow morning. MARK MY WORDS. Set your alarm clock and let me know how it turns out.

BTW, it was just ONE GAME, wasn't it? Wasn't it?
                          it was. it was.

The thing is, you said he totally counted us out. He may have stated the obvious, but he didn't count the Broncs out.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Out of curiousity, I wonder what you think of our passing D. Since most of the posts I see from you are simply Jake Bashing.

Which stat do you give more credibility?

29th in the league in passing yards given up.
                            4th in the league in completion percentage given up.

sigpic

Comment

Out of curiousity, I wonder what you think of our passing D. Since most of the posts I see from you are simply Jake Bashing.

Which stat do you give more credibility?

29th in the league in passing yards given up.
                              4th in the league in completion percentage given up.
                              Why don't you start a thread on that so that this one doesn't get hijacked?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X