X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superchop7
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    And I think we are 20+ million over this time of year almost every year.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________-

Good point, for us it's "standard operating procedure." If we were 20 million under the cap each year the players would get greedy.

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by Superchop7
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

If a player is good, and wanted by the team, he will make a bundle on a restructure, they get paid now, not later, and the bonus is about the only guaranteed thing an NFL contract has to offer. The bonus is spread out over years which reduces the cap hit.

Everybody thinks that the Bronco's are shelling out a ton of cash each year but the truth is we have one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL. We do play cap games to keep the public perception favorable but the truth is that we haven't been out of whack since 2000, we learned our lessons from that experience.

Things are not always as they appear.
    And I think we are 20+ million over this time of year almost every year.

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575
    I don't think that is realistic to expect every player to restructure.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

If a player is good, and wanted by the team, he will make a bundle on a restructure, they get paid now, not later, and the bonus is about the only guaranteed thing an NFL contract has to offer. The bonus is spread out over years which reduces the cap hit.

Everybody thinks that the Bronco's are shelling out a ton of cash each year but the truth is we have one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL. We do play cap games to keep the public perception favorable but the truth is that we haven't been out of whack since 2000, we learned our lessons from that experience.

Things are not always as they appear.

We have a system that rewards "company men" and does not reward malcontents.
    Last edited by Superchop7; 01-22-2006, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    This year freed up a bunch of dead money for us, guys like the defensive linemen (drawing a blank on his name) that got in the fight at the IHOP and messed up his wrist.
    Gardener, and Griese for that matter, both are no longer on our books...Shanny worked hard in teh offseason to make sure we didn't have dead money.

Again, if we don't pick up Courtney Brown's option, that's $8 million (?) right there...

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx
    You are in far worse shape that we are...We don't have dead money. You on the other hand, if you cut players, you'll still be paying against the cap for years.
    This year freed up a bunch of dead money for us, guys like the defensive linemen (drawing a blank on his name) that got in the fight at the IHOP and messed up his wrist.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575

You are in far worse shape that we are...We don't have dead money. You on the other hand, if you cut players, you'll still be paying against the cap for years.

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Cap friendly deals with every one of those players saves 30 million.

(Not even mentioning the guys that will be leaving)

Quit worrying.

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    Cap friendly deals with every one of those players saves 30 million.

(Not even mentioning the guys that will be leaving)

Quit worrying.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Here are the top money players for next year 2006

Name Position********* Compensation

Warren, Gerard DT *******6,600,000.00 **
    Pryce, Trevor DE *********6,530,000.00 **
    Nalen, Tom OL***********6,000,000.00 **
    Bailey, Roland CB ********5,500,000.00 **
    Plummer, Jake QB ********4,300,000.00
    Wilson, Al LB ************3,900,000.00 **
    Smith, Rod WR***********3,000,000.00 **
    Ekuban, Ebenezer DE *****3,000,000.00 ****
    Lynch, John S ************2,900,000.00 **
    Anderson, Mike RB ********2,565,000.00 ****
    Engelberger, John DE******1,750,000.00 ****
    Putzier, Jeb TE ***********1,500,000.00
    Brown, Courtney DE *******1,400,000.00
    Sauerbrun, Todd P/K ******1,395,000.00
    Elam, Jason P/K **********1,300,000.00

Not sure where you can cut out of these the big money guys.

**I suspect the top 4 will either be gone or renegoiate if they stay.

Mikey has come through in the past I'm sure he'll do it again.

**** not worth keeping at those prices.

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.as...Search+Results
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 01-22-2006, 01:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    We will be fine, the cap is easier to manipulate than people realize.
    Not really. If it was so easy to manipulate then Tennessee would not have had to purge the likes of Samari Rolle, Andre Dyson, Derrick Mason, etc. to get under the cap. Denver still had very little money to work with in 2005 but Shanahan did a very good job of getting the "Browncos" on the team. However, opportunites like that do not happen that often and I doubt Denver will have as successful an offseason next year as they did this year. I doubt they will have a big falloff either and become bad, but they are not going to work some miracles like they did this year.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    we will release Nate Jackson and our cap Situation will be fine

How does releasing Nate Jackson solve all of the cap overage?

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    we will release Nate Jackson and our cap Situation will be fine

Leave a comment:

• VADER72
    replied
    My feeling. If all goes well tomorrow and two weeks from tomorrow, Rod, Elam and Nalan will retire on a great note. Will be sad, but still, they ended at the top if all goes well. We will lose Courtney Brown because the others have proven they are pretty damn good. We will keep Gerrard and Ekuban. Lynch will remain for one more year then retire. This is Denvers shot here in the next 15 days. Next year we will be ok, but I'm predicting a 10-6 season. nothing like this year. We brought in a ton of potential talent (not according to all) but still talent. Denver will go after a WR and DL with the first two picks since our CB are solidified for the next 7-10 years possibly. LB are just fine. Not sure if Price is back, but the sting might not be so bad if he gets a ring this year and goes to another team.

Leave a comment:

• Accordngs
    replied
    Denver always finds a way to make the cap work. Not to mention, I am sure many players will be willing to restructure existing contracts to keep a team intact that is a superbowl contender. These guys want the ring

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    We will be fine, the cap is easier to manipulate than people realize.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X