Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys remember preseason?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you guys remember preseason?

    I know for sure Mike Shanahan said something about the excitement he was feeling for this season. Definitely some other players said it too. I wish I can find references to that...

    On the outside (media, other teams) ... there were so many questions about the Broncos:
    - does Champ still have it?
    - why sign the whole Browns d-line after their (lack of) proven performance?
    - what was Shanny thinking drafting 3 CBs?
    - what was Shanny thinking drafting Clarett?
    - what was Shanny thinking signing Ron Dayne?

    OK, so the Clarett one didn't work out too well. However, each of those other questions were answered in a most positive way, all playing a crucial role to our postseason run.

    And here we are, a day away from the AFC title game...one win away from the Super Bowl...two more wins and we're the champions.

    Man, I have to say...whatever everyone thought Shanny was smoking a couple months ago, I'm sure they want some of that!!!

  • #2
    Originally posted by nathan16
    I know for sure Mike Shanahan said something about the excitement he was feeling for this season. Definitely some other players said it too. I wish I can find references to that...

    On the outside (media, other teams) ... there were so many questions about the Broncos:
    - does Champ still have it?
    - why sign the whole Browns d-line after their (lack of) proven performance?
    - what was Shanny thinking drafting 3 CBs?
    - what was Shanny thinking drafting Clarett?
    - what was Shanny thinking signing Ron Dayne?

    OK, so the Clarett one didn't work out too well. However, each of those other questions were answered in a most positive way, all playing a crucial role to our postseason run.

    And here we are, a day away from the AFC title game...one win away from the Super Bowl...two more wins and we're the champions.

    Man, I have to say...whatever everyone thought Shanny was smoking a couple months ago, I'm sure they want some of that!!!
    4-0 in preseason, maybe it does count for something.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, I rember everyone sayin preseason didn't matter and I posted that when the Broncos go undefeated in preseason that they reach the playoffs 70% of the time.

      Looks like the stat held up....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nathan16
        - why sign the whole Browns d-line after their (lack of) proven performance?
        2 starters and 2 backups does not equal the entire defensive line.

        Lang, Roye and McKinley are still with the Browns.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

        The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dawgfan
          2 starters and 2 backups does not equal the entire defensive line.

          Lang, Roye and McKinley are still with the Browns.
          Ok guess we got the ones who could play
          Next question

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by biglenny
            Ok guess we got the ones who could play
            Next question
            Lenny come on Dawgfan wasn't ripping on anyone he just was setting the record straight.

            Back to the thread. Obviously Shanahan does know what he is doing. I wondered about the moves. The only one I didn't question to much was the drafting of Clarett. The reason being is that our runningbacks coach was high on this kid and considering his track record with our backs its hard to question him on what he's doing imo.
            John 11: 25-27

            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



            Thanks Snk16

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TXBRONC
              Lenny come on Dawgfan wasn't ripping on anyone he just was setting the record straight.

              Back to the thread. Obviously Shanahan does know what he is doing. I wondered about the moves. The only one I didn't question to much was the drafting of Clarett. The reason being is that our runningbacks coach was high on this kid and considering his track record with our backs its hard to question him on what he's doing imo.
              Ok I wasnt ripping back I do how ever think that the Denver D-line is a thing to beheld for all the crap we got for picking up the ex browns now Broncos hell I think someone should hand Shanahan a huge "sorry man you were right"
              anyhow ..... sorry no hard feelins Dawgfan TXBRONC I allways look forwrd to both of your posts ....Go Broncos

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by biglenny
                Ok I wasnt ripping back I do how ever think that the Denver D-line is a thing to beheld for all the crap we got for picking up the ex browns now Broncos hell I think someone should hand Shanahan a huge "sorry man you were right"
                anyhow ..... sorry no hard feelins Dawgfan TXBRONC I allways look forwrd to both of your posts ....Go Broncos
                No problem Len. I couldn't agree with you more about our d-line. As I said obviously Shanahan does know what he's doing.
                John 11: 25-27

                My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                Thanks Snk16

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  No problem Len. I couldn't agree with you more about our d-line. As I said obviously Shanahan does know what he's doing.

                  Gunna bring some of that TX BBQ to the OGamedaythread tomarow?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by biglenny
                    Gunna bring some of that TX BBQ to the OGamedaythread tomarow?
                    Yeah I'm just not sure how to serve it through the internet.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by biglenny
                      anyhow ..... sorry no hard feelins Dawgfan TXBRONC I allways look forwrd to both of your posts ....Go Broncos
                      Non taken. I do have some further things to add as well.

                      I remember when Warren was drafted everyone was amazed about it. Brown and Warren together they believed would become the next great Defensive tandom. They did very well together on the line untill Butch got rid of Earl Holmes, Dwayne Rudd, and the other linebackers following the playoff game against Pittsburgh. If he had kept them people would be saying something different today.

                      Secondly, this Championship game does provide some issues for all Browns fans. I do not like Denver for the junk in the 80's and I absolutely hate Pittsburgh for the 50+ years of our rivalry. The following quote sums up how I feel about this game:

                      "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

                      So in this case - GO DENVER.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                      The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dawgfan
                        Non taken. I do have some further things to add as well.

                        I remember when Warren was drafted everyone was amazed about it. Brown and Warren together they believed would become the next great Defensive tandom. They did very well together on the line untill Butch got rid of Earl Holmes, Dwayne Rudd, and the other linebackers following the playoff game against Pittsburgh. If he had kept them people would be saying something different today.

                        Secondly, this Championship game does provide some issues for all Browns fans. I do not like Denver for the junk in the 80's and I absolutely hate Pittsburgh for the 50+ years of our rivalry. The following quote sums up how I feel about this game:

                        "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

                        So in this case - GO DENVER.

                        um can you tell me about the "junk" in the 80's (oh how I miss the 80's) ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dawgfan
                          2 starters and 2 backups does not equal the entire defensive line.

                          Lang, Roye and McKinley are still with the Browns.

                          so is a friend of mine, and he has already started to say how he wishes he wasn't in Cleveland...

                          nick eason

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DenverDaveinSC
                            so is a friend of mine, and he has already started to say how he wishes he wasn't in Cleveland...

                            nick eason
                            I haven't heard anything bad from Nick Eason.

                            In fact he was in a chatroom at a Browns site I am currently a member of. I like Eason and have no problem with him. He has done a good job on the line and is a good rotational player. Personally I have no clue why he would want out of Cleveland.
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                            The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X