Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Denver can beat New England

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If Denver can beat New England

    there is no doubt they can beat Pittsburgh! Denver 34 Steelers 13
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

  • #2
    I disagree. I do beleive that we can beat the steelies but the New England game doesn't mean anything. They had five turnovers!!!!!! We don't know that the steelies would do that.
    Long live the Broncos
    Member of lagpa.

    Thanks Reid!
    My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
    John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Breezer
      there is no doubt they can beat Pittsburgh! Denver 34 Steelers 13
      only problem with that logic is Pitt beat a better team last week than the New England Patriots. Should be a good game, and I'm expecting a Bronco victory. But the Patriots are the Patriots and the Steelers are the Steelers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Turnovers are part of the game!

        Originally posted by broncolitis
        I disagree. I do beleive that we can beat the steelies but the New England game doesn't mean anything. They had five turnovers!!!!!! We don't know that the steelies would do that.
        Last I heard, turnovers are part of the game!!!!!!!!! Stop blaming the Patriots for losing and give the Broncos the credit for kicking ass!
        If you love NFL stats and history
        pro-football-reference.com
        jt-sw.com/football

        Comment


        • #5
          What?

          Originally posted by broncosfan247
          only problem with that logic is Pitt beat a better team last week than the New England Patriots. Should be a good game, and I'm expecting a Bronco victory. But the Patriots are the Patriots and the Steelers are the Steelers.
          Better team? What? When is the last time the Colts won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls. Sure the Colts had a better record than New England this year, but they were not as good as hyped. Denver beat the two time defending champs. Pittsburgh beat a team that only wins in the regular season. A big difference! New England would beat Pittsburgh 9 out of 10 times. Denver!!!!!!
          If you love NFL stats and history
          pro-football-reference.com
          jt-sw.com/football

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, the Patriots had a clear deficiency in their secondary.

            They allowed the highest yards per completion in the league.

            The Steelers don't have such a deficiency.
            My adopted fan is dogfish

            . . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

            Comment


            • #7
              Hopefully it all comes true!!!!!!!! I thnk shanny knows what to do in big games.
              Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Breezer
                Last I heard, turnovers are part of the game!!!!!!!!! Stop blaming the Patriots for losing and give the Broncos the credit for kicking ass!
                I couldnt agree more and everyone seems to forget that the Broncos had a bye week, not the pats.
                But there was no rust for them, the Broncos just took the game!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Breezer
                  Last I heard, turnovers are part of the game!!!!!!!!! Stop blaming the Patriots for losing and give the Broncos the credit for kicking ass!

                  If the Broncos actually had kicked ass then I'm sure the world would be giving them credit for doing so.

                  The problem is that they didn't. Between the Patriots turnovers and the obvious blown calls, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, feels that Denver was handed that game on a silver platter.

                  As a result, there's always going to be a large segment of people who view the Broncos as undeserving participants in today's game.

                  It's up to the Broncos to show they belong. The Broncos must win the Super Bowl. If you fail to do that then you'll return to the insignificant status that you've enjoyed for the past 7 years or so.

                  Good luck

                  );pyper
                  MEET THE NEW BOSS...SAME AS THE OLD BOSS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PYPER
                    If the Broncos actually had kicked ass then I'm sure the world would be giving them credit for doing so.

                    The problem is that they didn't. Between the Patriots turnovers and the obvious blown calls, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, feels that Denver was handed that game on a silver platter.

                    As a result, there's always going to be a large segment of people who view the Broncos as undeserving participants in today's game.

                    It's up to the Broncos to show they belong. The Broncos must win the Super Bowl. If you fail to do that then you'll return to the insignificant status that you've enjoyed for the past 7 years or so.

                    Good luck

                    );pyper
                    I wouldn't say they were handed the game on a silver platter. Granted New England made it much easier on them by playing a sloppy game, but good teams capitalize on another teams mistakes. However, It seems that the person who made this thread doesn't know much about football. It is a very rediculous statement that just because Denver beat New England that they can beat Pittsburgh for sure. In a game where the saying "any given Sunday" means quite a bit I think you are dead wrong. Denver might still win but it is not going to be some easy game.
                    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

                    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncolitis
                      I disagree. I do beleive that we can beat the steelies but the New England game doesn't mean anything. They had five turnovers!!!!!! We don't know that the steelies would do that.
                      Agreed and while the Patriots have a MUCH better passing game, their running game is not as good as Pitt and the Pitt D is better top to bottom. Now that they are healthy, the Pats have one of the best front sevens in football, but I think Pitt is a little better across the defensive board.
                      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        All of the fumbles costed New England the game. One fumble mistake is bad, 2 fumble mistakes is a blowout unless new england can work miracles(its been done ). An interception by champ bailey only contributes to the blowout.

                        I don't usually use the pre-season as an example, but Denver dominated Indianapolis 37-24 and hadn't played them again all season. Pittsburgh on the otherhand had a pretty tough time maintaining their score last weekend against them. If vanderjagt(sp?) hadn't missed that field goal, pittsburgh might not have made it here.

                        It's going to be a great game, that's all I can say.



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by w1zard
                          All of the fumbles costed New England the game. One fumble mistake is bad, 2 fumble mistakes is a blowout unless new england can work miracles(its been done ). An interception by champ bailey only contributes to the blowout.

                          I don't usually use the pre-season as an example, but Denver dominated Indianapolis 37-24 and hadn't played them again all season. Pittsburgh on the otherhand had a pretty tough time maintaining their score last weekend against them. If vanderjagt(sp?) hadn't missed that field goal, pittsburgh might not have made it here.

                          It's going to be a great game, that's all I can say.
                          Pittsburgh had a trouble maintaining the score against them? Maybe that wouldn't have happened if the refs hadn't made the worst call in the history of the NFL by overturning that Troy Polamalu interception. With that interception the game would have been pretty much over. And Cincinatti dominated Indy in the preseason but then got beat by Indy in the regular season so the preseason doesn't exactly mean anything.
                          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

                          It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncosfan247
                            only problem with that logic is Pitt beat a better team last week than the New England Patriots. Should be a good game, and I'm expecting a Bronco victory. But the Patriots are the Patriots and the Steelers are the Steelers.
                            i don't know that you can say choketon manning's team is better than the pats........ in fact i'm pretty sure you can't say that. but i agree that it doesn't matter who we faced last week. this game is going to be harder than last game

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kmartin575
                              Pittsburgh had a trouble maintaining the score against them? Maybe that wouldn't have happened if the refs hadn't made the worst call in the history of the NFL by overturning that Troy Polamalu interception.
                              Well, we are obligated to go by what the referees say. I will agree with you, that interception looked valid and the referee may have made a bad ruling on a very tough call, but no matter what, individuals will have different opinions on the referees difinitive ruling. Not just in that situation, but every situation.

                              With that interception the game would have been pretty much over. And Cincinatti dominated Indy in the preseason but then got beat by Indy in the regular season so the preseason doesn't exactly mean anything.

                              That is why I don't usually use the pre-season as an example. You can't really tell if a team is trying or not(they usually don't). Based on Indianapolis' 0-5 stats it doesn't look like it.
                              Last edited by w1zard; 01-22-2006, 10:31 AM.



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X