• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mattb
    replied
    you must have watched another game

Originally posted by w1zard
    All of the fumbles costed New England the game. One fumble mistake is bad, 2 fumble mistakes is a blowout unless new england can work miracles(its been done ). An interception by champ bailey only contributes to the blowout.

I don't usually use the pre-season as an example, but Denver dominated Indianapolis 37-24 and hadn't played them again all season. Pittsburgh on the otherhand had a pretty tough time maintaining their score last weekend against them. If vanderjagt(sp?) hadn't missed that field goal, pittsburgh might not have made it here.

It's going to be a great game, that's all I can say.
    evidently too much beer during that game for you. the pitt-indy game should have been a lot wider than the margin was, had the refs not made a huge bad call that kept indy in it.

Leave a comment:

• dolphinsss
    replied

Originally posted by Breezer
    Last I heard, turnovers are part of the game!!!!!!!!! Stop blaming the Patriots for losing and give the Broncos the credit for kicking ass!
    it's hard to give denver credit when they dont deserve it. the referee gave denver a free 17 points,and that is a cold hard fact. that bullchit pi when it was really a offensive pi,and denver got the ball at the 1 yard line. and the touchback that should have given the pats the ball at the 20 yard line.instead denver again got the ball at the 1 yard line AGAIN. and the interference on the troy brown punt catch attempt lead to another 3 points. and that last int was meaningless,it was really a total of 3 turnovers. --n.e should have won that game if it was not for the refs with there big 3 blown calls(and you denver homers know this deep down inside)... pats would have raped pittsburgh in n.e this week(like they always do)

. pitt last week did not beat a better team then n.e(colts),n.e at this point in time were better then the colts and a whole lot healthier. who does not know by now that manning and the colts in the playoffs=DOG CHIT. they choke every year. and were playing like crap towards the end of the year.

again,denver should not be in the afccg. congrats to the refs for beating the pats. and jake plummer is once again showing why he is jake the mistake. what a bum. did nothing special vs the pats,and nothing again today vs pitt. PHONY!

Leave a comment:

• w1zard
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575
    Pittsburgh had a trouble maintaining the score against them? Maybe that wouldn't have happened if the refs hadn't made the worst call in the history of the NFL by overturning that Troy Polamalu interception.
    Well, we are obligated to go by what the referees say. I will agree with you, that interception looked valid and the referee may have made a bad ruling on a very tough call, but no matter what, individuals will have different opinions on the referees difinitive ruling. Not just in that situation, but every situation.

With that interception the game would have been pretty much over. And Cincinatti dominated Indy in the preseason but then got beat by Indy in the regular season so the preseason doesn't exactly mean anything.

That is why I don't usually use the pre-season as an example. You can't really tell if a team is trying or not(they usually don't). Based on Indianapolis' 0-5 stats it doesn't look like it.
    Last edited by w1zard; 01-22-2006, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DrunkPanda
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosfan247
    only problem with that logic is Pitt beat a better team last week than the New England Patriots. Should be a good game, and I'm expecting a Bronco victory. But the Patriots are the Patriots and the Steelers are the Steelers.
    i don't know that you can say choketon manning's team is better than the pats........ in fact i'm pretty sure you can't say that. but i agree that it doesn't matter who we faced last week. this game is going to be harder than last game

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by w1zard
    All of the fumbles costed New England the game. One fumble mistake is bad, 2 fumble mistakes is a blowout unless new england can work miracles(its been done ). An interception by champ bailey only contributes to the blowout.

I don't usually use the pre-season as an example, but Denver dominated Indianapolis 37-24 and hadn't played them again all season. Pittsburgh on the otherhand had a pretty tough time maintaining their score last weekend against them. If vanderjagt(sp?) hadn't missed that field goal, pittsburgh might not have made it here.

Pittsburgh had a trouble maintaining the score against them? Maybe that wouldn't have happened if the refs hadn't made the worst call in the history of the NFL by overturning that Troy Polamalu interception. With that interception the game would have been pretty much over. And Cincinatti dominated Indy in the preseason but then got beat by Indy in the regular season so the preseason doesn't exactly mean anything.

Leave a comment:

• w1zard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolitis
    I disagree. I do beleive that we can beat the steelies but the New England game doesn't mean anything. They had five turnovers!!!!!! We don't know that the steelies would do that.
    Agreed and while the Patriots have a MUCH better passing game, their running game is not as good as Pitt and the Pitt D is better top to bottom. Now that they are healthy, the Pats have one of the best front sevens in football, but I think Pitt is a little better across the defensive board.

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by PYPER
    If the Broncos actually had kicked ass then I'm sure the world would be giving them credit for doing so.

The problem is that they didn't. Between the Patriots turnovers and the obvious blown calls, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, feels that Denver was handed that game on a silver platter.

As a result, there's always going to be a large segment of people who view the Broncos as undeserving participants in today's game.

It's up to the Broncos to show they belong. The Broncos must win the Super Bowl. If you fail to do that then you'll return to the insignificant status that you've enjoyed for the past 7 years or so.

Good luck

);pyper
    I wouldn't say they were handed the game on a silver platter. Granted New England made it much easier on them by playing a sloppy game, but good teams capitalize on another teams mistakes. However, It seems that the person who made this thread doesn't know much about football. It is a very rediculous statement that just because Denver beat New England that they can beat Pittsburgh for sure. In a game where the saying "any given Sunday" means quite a bit I think you are dead wrong. Denver might still win but it is not going to be some easy game.

Leave a comment:

• PYPER
    replied
    Last I heard, turnovers are part of the game!!!!!!!!! Stop blaming the Patriots for losing and give the Broncos the credit for kicking ass!

If the Broncos actually had kicked ass then I'm sure the world would be giving them credit for doing so.

The problem is that they didn't. Between the Patriots turnovers and the obvious blown calls, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, feels that Denver was handed that game on a silver platter.

As a result, there's always going to be a large segment of people who view the Broncos as undeserving participants in today's game.

It's up to the Broncos to show they belong. The Broncos must win the Super Bowl. If you fail to do that then you'll return to the insignificant status that you've enjoyed for the past 7 years or so.

Good luck

);pyper

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    I couldnt agree more and everyone seems to forget that the Broncos had a bye week, not the pats.
    But there was no rust for them, the Broncos just took the game!

Leave a comment:

• Bellthebest
    replied
    Hopefully it all comes true!!!!!!!! I thnk shanny knows what to do in big games.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    Well, the Patriots had a clear deficiency in their secondary.

They allowed the highest yards per completion in the league.

The Steelers don't have such a deficiency.

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    What?

Originally posted by broncosfan247
    only problem with that logic is Pitt beat a better team last week than the New England Patriots. Should be a good game, and I'm expecting a Bronco victory. But the Patriots are the Patriots and the Steelers are the Steelers.
    Better team? What? When is the last time the Colts won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls. Sure the Colts had a better record than New England this year, but they were not as good as hyped. Denver beat the two time defending champs. Pittsburgh beat a team that only wins in the regular season. A big difference! New England would beat Pittsburgh 9 out of 10 times. Denver!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    Turnovers are part of the game!

Originally posted by broncolitis
    I disagree. I do beleive that we can beat the steelies but the New England game doesn't mean anything. They had five turnovers!!!!!! We don't know that the steelies would do that.

Leave a comment:

• broncosfan247
    replied
    there is no doubt they can beat Pittsburgh! Denver 34 Steelers 13

Leave a comment:

Working...
X