No announcement yet.

Give your opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that it was the Jake beard's fault that the Broncos lost today...

But seriously, the Broncos would not have won today, even if they had gotten a few breaks. Too many players where making bad plays today: Jake threw 2 bad interceptions, Alexander and Smith (yes, even Rod) dropped some passes, Sauerbrun kicked out of bounds, Fox and Champ couldn't cover consistently, O-line allowed too much pressure (George Foster was especially bad), D-line couldn't put consistent pressure. Plus the Steelers played a heck of a game, and as a result, we, unfortunately, got beat soundly

Comment

Anyone that tries to make excuses for Jake, for this game, don't have their heads screwed on straight. Ofcourse the turnovers played a big factor in this game, especially since they turned them into Pittsburgh points. But can't blame Jake solely for this loss. Our offensive line couldn't control the blitz, and our defense...well, our defense was just plain horrible today. So Jake does deserve alot of blame for this game, but so do many more. But for the season we had, i'm happy with all the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by plummer4presdnt
        he may have given the ball away a little too much, but the defense gave up a 3rd down every minute, they were down by 21. Its not all his fault

really?? how many points did the steelers make off jakes turnovers,,while we still had a chance...how mmany point did we lose had we not turned the ball over? would the game be differant...certainly....take his second int .. right off a huge return ..a huge momentum builder...sparked up the team , and the crowd

and what happened?
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by mtw1969
          Without Jakes fumble and before-half interception, would the outcome have been different? I am leaning towards - the outcome would have been the same.
          The same. Our D didn't stop them until they started trying to run the clock out and they were in 3rd and long consistantly.
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

he may have given the ball away a little too much, but the defense gave up a 3rd down every minute, they were down by 21. Its not all his fault
            Did I blame Jake? I didn't say it's Jake's fault I just said he blew it and the defense got out played. Jake made bad decisions!

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
            How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Generally, we didn't protect Jake, we couldn't open any running lanes and we couldn't defend a virgin in a monastry.

Three plays that stick in my mind though:

1) Champ's missed pick early doors.

2) Jake's interception right before the half.

3) 3rd down pass that went straight through Rod's hands.

Those 3 plays, for me changed the course of the game, but the Steeler's fair and square outplayed us today.
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Day1BroncoFan
                Did I blame Jake? I didn't say it's Jake's fault I just said he blew it and the defense got out played. Jake made bad decisions!
                Did I say you did? Im saying the same thing, he may haven't payed up to potential but there is no reason for everyone or anyone to ba saying he should be out, witht the way the Defense played
                “The Oakland raiders are so bad.”
                “How bad are they???”
                “They’re so bad that they get ______ed by every
                Team”

04 plummer4presdnt 139
                10/11+ / 8 / 8+ / 9+ /11/ 10 / 9+ / 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 /7 /6 /6+ / 7

4th in Bronco pick'em

Comment

Did I say you did? Im saying the same thing, he may haven't payed up to potential but there is no reason for everyone or anyone to ba saying he should be out, witht the way the Defense played
                  I will say it again I don't think Jake has it in him and never have. I'm not bashing Jake, that's just how I feel. How can you expect your defense to have a good day when your QB coughs up the ball 4 times?

I Support our Troops!
                  How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

I will say it again I don't think Jake has it in him and never have. I'm not bashing Jake, that's just how I feel. How can you expect your defense to have a good day when your QB coughs up the ball 4 times?
                    What do you consider bashing Jake, taking a Bludgeon to his skull?? feel anyway you want, 1st amendment rules.

But think about it, his first when it was (3-0)
                    ...allow a TD

second(17-3)
                    ... allow a TD

third (27-10)
                    ... 3 and out

fourth(27-17)
                    ... didnt matter

what it comes down to is that when jake made a mistake, the defense couldnt clean it up well. when it was 10-3, jake hadn't done anything in the past 1/2 quarter bad for the team and they couldn't stop them. it was the defense that was the worse problem, they didnt even force a turnover
                    “The Oakland raiders are so bad.”
                    “How bad are they???”
                    “They’re so bad that they get ______ed by every
                    Team”

04 plummer4presdnt 139
                    10/11+ / 8 / 8+ / 9+ /11/ 10 / 9+ / 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 /7 /6 /6+ / 7

4th in Bronco pick'em

Comment

What do you consider bashing Jake, taking a Bludgeon to his skull
                      what it comes down to is that when jake made a mistake, the defense couldnt clean it up well
                      Exactly what I said, Jake made mistakes. Yes i would call that Jake bashing.
                      If Jake didn't make mistakes the D doesn't have to "clean it up"

I Support our Troops!

Comment

Exactly what I said, Jake made mistakes. Yes i would call that Jake bashing.
                        If Jake didn't make mistakes the D doesn't have to "clean it up"
                        Not strictly true. When Jake did get throws off and on target they weren't caught, I remember a big drop by Rod on third down.

Let' sface it, we got here as a team. and tonight we sucked as a team.

You'll Never Walk Alone

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                          Not strictly true. When Jake did get throws off and on target they weren't caught, I remember a big drop by Rod on third down.

Let' sface it, we got here as a team. and tonight we sucked as a team.
                          What wasn't stictly true about what I said? Yes we sucked as a team, but go on admit it Jake made mistakes, it's true, stickly speaking.

I Support our Troops!

Comment

What wasn't stictly true about what I said? Yes we sucked as a team, but go on admit it Jake made mistakes, it's true, stickly speaking.
                            Yes, Jake made mistakes, but he wasn't the only one to do so, which was the way I read your thread.

If I read it wrong, I apologise.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                              Yes, Jake made mistakes, but he wasn't the only one to do so, which was the way I read your thread.

If I read it wrong, I apologise.
                              The D made there own mistakes. As I said they couldn't stop Pitts O

I Support our Troops!

Comment

Originally posted by mtw1969
                                Without Jakes fumble and before-half interception, would the outcome have been different? I am leaning towards - the outcome would have been the same.
                                Everyone is going to try to blame the QB for the loss and that is just wrong IMO. Blame should be shared with the line, the WRs that dropped balls and the coaches for not putting their players in position to win. I like to kid about Jake at times, still it is never one players fault when a TEAM loses a game.

;);)

Watch out!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X