Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys, Plummer has to go....

Guys,
    As most of you probably know, i have been one of the biggest supporters on this board. I have argued with mtn_man, numerous times, and various others. Well, its time to take my blinders off, i was wrong, and mtn_man/others, i apologize.
    Please, dont ask me who we should get, or what about our 13-3 season, just save it. Lets dissect this a bit.

1)Plummers years in Arizona were terrible, because of the team he was on, blah blah blah. Good players will look good, even without the greatest team around them. I can name countless RB's WR's QB's, that had impressive stats, and played great, on terrible teams. Plummer sucked in AZ, and he sucks here, sad but true.

2) But he is 33-13, or whatever it is as a starter, save it. A good QB would have been at least 40-7, or something better. Jake has managed an offense, that hides his inabilities, and it showed Sunday.

3)But Jake is perfect for our system, with bootlegs, and scrambling ability, save it. Jakes ability to avoid sacks, and throw on the run, is what made me have faith in him. I have realized, if you can avoid the sack, to do nothing more than throw a INT, or fumble, you might as well have taken the sack.
    Jakes so called "ability" to avoid presure, and make a play showed itself yeaterday. He avoided sacks, to either fumble, or throw a INT.

4)But the INT's were not his fault yesterday, save it. The first INT was probably one of the most horrible passes i have ever seen in my life. The second INT was retarded. The LB was right in the way, and Jake had Mike Anderson wide open in the flat, for an easy 25+ yards. Why throw it to Mike though, hell, lets throw to the middle of the field, where there are 2 LB's, a Safety, and a CB.

5) The O-line did not help any, save it. That has been the entire argument for Jake Plummer. "He may not be the best pocket passer, but he can avoid pressure, and make a play", well it showed Sunday.

Bottom line, Jake is average, at best, and i am convinced now. I tried my best to defend him at the drop of a dime, but it aint happening anymore. In a game of this magnitude, you are expected to play like a 9 year veteran, not a 2nd year QB (Oh wait, if he played like Big Ben, i guess that would be ok).

Give him another chance, save it. He has had 3 years, and has been average at best. With a good QB, we would have won yesterday, despite the defense's off day.
    Of course, you can blame the D, naturally. Jake only put them on the field 4 more times than normal. Bottom line, we dont turn the ball over, we win, and we arent going to win with a mistake-prone, rookie like, idiot of a QB, like Jake Plummer.

Sorry but no.

Comment

You know I still respect the guy and I think his time will come as long as the team is built around him. What made me like him even more was when he took the loss and put it on his shoulders. Peyton cried and whined about his o-line. Say what you want, but this is a team game. And the greatest QB's in the world still need a great team around him. Marino was just spectacular, but he didn't have the team. Montana, Young, and Aikman all had great teams built around them. Hell Elway didn't win a super bowl till TD and company arrived.

Comment

wow i think u should get some sleep. the whole team suck 6 for 7 on 3rd downs it was not are game goodnight

Comment

My Friend...

That was one of the best Posts I've EVER read here, complete with supporting stuff. Some of these idiots here think because they've made 16,564 Posts here gives them some 'Magic Powers' or something, that was EXCELLENT. And don't mind the Blind Men either, I've been getting IMs and PMs all day condemning me for my distatse for Fake Bummer. Don't listen, you have a right to be ASHAMED of the QB situation in Denver. JAKE'S GOTTA GO if Denver can ever return to the Super Bowl!!

CP for you!
          "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million."-Shannon Sharpe

Comment

Sorry but you couldn't put your .02 worth in one of the 400 Plummer threads already?

I get it, you wanted to have you voice heard and stand on your soapbox also to feel good about yourself.

Memo to you, no-one is reading your post.

Comment

You're absolutely right. The memory of Jake the Fake throwing the ball right into Steeler's linebacker James Farrior's hands on 1st & 10 after Charlie Adam's excellent kickoff-return to the Steelers' 42 yard line, I will never forget. Jake missed a WIDE-OPEN Mike Anderson running a flat pattern that would have gone for at least 15 yards.

Bottom line: Plummer is simply not smart enough to be a starting quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
                Well, at least there's some new material in this one...

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                  Sorry but you couldn't put your .02 worth in one of the 400 Plummer threads already?

I get it, you wanted to have you voice heard and stand on your soapbox also to feel good about yourself.

Memo to you, no-one is reading your post.
                  You put your 2 cents in...

You read it! Muahha!
                  "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million."-Shannon Sharpe

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBroncsFan
                    You put your 2 cents in...

You read it! Muahha!

I didn't read one word of your tired un-original post. I knew what you were coming with. Same tired crying like all your buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
                      You're absolutely right. The memory of Jake the Fake throwing the ball right into Steeler's linebacker James Farrior's hands on 1st & 10 after Charlie Adam's excellent kickoff-return to the Steelers' 42 yard line, I will never forget. Jake missed a WIDE-OPEN Mike Anderson running a flat pattern that would have gone for at least 15 yards.

Yea, so I'm guessing McNabb is dumb too, seeing as how in the game against them this year, he missed a wide open Lamar Gordon in the left flat for about 25 yards, but instead threw a game chaging endzone interception to Domonique Foxworth. Yea, he's stupid too.
                      My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
                        Yea, so I'm guessing McNabb is dumb too, seeing as how in the game against them this year, he missed a wide open Lamar Gordon in the left flat for about 25 yards, but instead threw a game chaging endzone interception to Domonique Foxworth. Yea, he's stupid too.
                        But McNabb is a media darling, therefore it doesn't count...

Comment

Originally posted by Black00SS
                          Guys,
                          As most of you probably know, i have been one of the biggest supporters on this board. I have argued with mtn_man, numerous times, and various others. Well, its time to take my blinders off, i was wrong, and mtn_man/others, i apologize.
                          Please, dont ask me who we should get, or what about our 13-3 season, just save it. Lets dissect this a bit.

1)Plummers years in Arizona were terrible, because of the team he was on, blah blah blah. Good players will look good, even without the greatest team around them. I can name countless RB's WR's QB's, that had impressive stats, and played great, on terrible teams. Plummer sucked in AZ, and he sucks here, sad but true.

2) But he is 33-13, or whatever it is as a starter, save it. A good QB would have been at least 40-7, or something better. Jake has managed an offense, that hides his inabilities, and it showed Sunday.

3)But Jake is perfect for our system, with bootlegs, and scrambling ability, save it. Jakes ability to avoid sacks, and throw on the run, is what made me have faith in him. I have realized, if you can avoid the sack, to do nothing more than throw a INT, or fumble, you might as well have taken the sack.
                          Jakes so called "ability" to avoid presure, and make a play showed itself yeaterday. He avoided sacks, to either fumble, or throw a INT.

4)But the INT's were not his fault yesterday, save it. The first INT was probably one of the most horrible passes i have ever seen in my life. The second INT was retarded. The LB was right in the way, and Jake had Mike Anderson wide open in the flat, for an easy 25+ yards. Why throw it to Mike though, hell, lets throw to the middle of the field, where there are 2 LB's, a Safety, and a CB.

5) The O-line did not help any, save it. That has been the entire argument for Jake Plummer. "He may not be the best pocket passer, but he can avoid pressure, and make a play", well it showed Sunday.

Bottom line, Jake is average, at best, and i am convinced now. I tried my best to defend him at the drop of a dime, but it aint happening anymore. In a game of this magnitude, you are expected to play like a 9 year veteran, not a 2nd year QB (Oh wait, if he played like Big Ben, i guess that would be ok).

Give him another chance, save it. He has had 3 years, and has been average at best. With a good QB, we would have won yesterday, despite the defense's off day.
                          Of course, you can blame the D, naturally. Jake only put them on the field 4 more times than normal. Bottom line, we dont turn the ball over, we win, and we arent going to win with a mistake-prone, rookie like, idiot of a QB, like Jake Plummer.
                          I've actually never seen you here...i'm on here quite a bit too..
                          vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B

McNabb did not play well this season (overall) while he played, you are right on that, but he would usually make that pass, and I believe his sports-hernia was bothering him. Overall, McNabb has played better in the playoffs than Plummer.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                              But McNabb is a media darling, therefore it doesn't count...
                              Sorry, I didn't know that media darling came with the job title. But I'm sure the person who started this thread does, seeing as how he knows exaclty what an NFL quarterback should be.
                              My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Working...
                              X