Sorry guys, Plummer has to go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Sure you want Jake to succeed "and chicken have lips".

Owned!!! Cp to you JR for your work.

I guess the grass isn't always greener huh?
    Last edited by watchthemiddle; 02-04-2006, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by watchthemiddle
      Owned!!! Cp to you JR for your work.

I guess the grass isn't always greener huh?
      It is if your ricky

Comment

• Jr . . .

Well, you have joined those of us who have mopped up the floor with them on the issues.

Now brace yourself for the personal attacks.

-----
        Last edited by topscribe; 02-04-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by evolaerok
          You know I still respect the guy and I think his time will come as long as the team is built around him. What made me like him even more was when he took the loss and put it on his shoulders. Peyton cried and whined about his o-line. Say what you want, but this is a team game. And the greatest QB's in the world still need a great team around him. Marino was just spectacular, but he didn't have the team. Montana, Young, and Aikman all had great teams built around them. Hell Elway didn't win a super bowl till TD and company arrived.
          I agree. I respect Jake a lot too. But I don't think he's a guy who's going to carry the Broncos to the Superbowl. For that reason, I think the Ricky Williams deal would do the Broncos much more good in the long-run. Heck, pot's even legal in Denver. There's the "selling point" right there.

I think bringing in T.O. would make the Broncos more reliant on Jake to get Owens, and Rod Smith (one of the classiest players in the league) the football more often.

But if the Broncos relied on Ricky Williams as their primary offensive threat instead of T.O., then that forces teams to bring 8 in the box, which would make Lelie, Rod Smith, and Jake Plummer ALL more effective.

Then all Denver needs to do is build on D, and they will be in the Superbowl.

Comment

• Well . . .

Originally posted by NoLmit48
            But if the Broncos relied on Ricky Williams as their primary offensive threat instead of T.O., then that forces teams to bring 8 in the box, which would make Lelie, Rod Smith, and Jake Plummer ALL more effective.
            What do you think defenses have been doing? We don't need Ricky Williams to force defenses to do what they're already doing.
            Do you reckon that may be why Jake is ALREADY effective?

-----

Comment

• The best post ever

Originally posted by Loyalty
              I don't think they should let Jake go just because we lost in the AFC Championship game. According to your logic the Steelers should of let go of Rothlisberger for playing bad in last year's AFC Championship game. Let me dissect your arguments.

1) In Arizona, Jake led the Cardinals to the playoffs in 1998 and he lead his team to a victory in the wild card round. You said good players will look good without the greatest team around them. What about Steve Young in Tampa Bay? Jim Plunkett in New England? Heck what about John Elway in his first 3 Super Bowls? That doesn't work the teams that win, win because they have a complete team. You should know this being a Broncos fan because Elway didn't win until he had a good team around him.

2) How can the QB lead the Defense? That is absurd that you think that Jake's record should be better. The Defense and special teams has a role in who wins and loses too not just the offense or specifically the QB.

3) Jake played a bad game as did the Defense. The reason we lost was because the defense couldn't stop the Steelers thus putting pressure on the offense to be near perfect in their execution. No team could win under those circumstances.

4) See 3

5) See 3

I am glad that the Broncos will not listen to you because we could be setting our selfs back a good 5 years by letting Plummer go. Steve Young in his first 3 years as the 49ers QB did not fair well. In his first year, they didn't make the playoffs. In his second year, they lost at HOME in the NFC Championship game to the Dallas Cowboys. In his third year, they lost at Dallas in the NFC Championship game. Finally, in his 4th year with an improved Defense with Ken Norton Jr., Deion Sanders, Richard Dent, Ricky Jackson, and Bryant Young (Drafted) they defeated Dallas. 49ers didn't win because of Steve Young they won because they had a good defense and offense. So save your crying about Plummer and be patient. We will not win the Super Bowl every year and that is fine as long as we are in contention. Jake deserves at least a few more years. Go Broncos!!!
              There is the perfect example of a quarterback who had the same problems as jake and eventually succeeded. This is one post that needs to comeup everytime someone whines about jake. ken stabler is another qb who falls into category also. great post
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco
                There is the perfect example of a quarterback who had the same problems as jake and eventually succeeded. This is one post that needs to comeup everytime someone whines about jake. ken stabler is another qb who falls into category also. great post
                I agree.

Comment

• It just never ends... (sigh)

Big Ben was a FIRST YEAR QB last year. It doesn't get any better than that.

Comparing Jake to Steve Young now?! This just gets better and better.

So, now he's been compared (statistically or otherwise) to Manning, Farve, Brady, Culpepper, ELWAY and now Steve Young?

Oh, and QBs do help the D. By not going 3 and Out, INT, Fumbles...
                  "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million."-Shannon Sharpe

Comment

• Topic here seems to be Jake's flaws. Seems there are those who are angry because jake has flaws.

Lets see

Jake's flaws - pocket passing, inability to get to the superbowl this year, being able to carry the team on his back and win a game.

Should we get rid of him? You decide

While youre deciding, lets see who else has weaknesses

Rod Smith's flaws - Bump and run, inability to get to a superbowl this year, being able to carry the team on his back and win a game when rest of team doesnt play well.

Al Wilson's flaws - Pass coverage, inability to get to the superbowl this year, being able to carry the team on his back and win a game when rest of team doesnt play well.

Tommy Nalen - Power run blocking, inability to get to a superbowl this year, being able to carry the team on his back and win a game when rest of team doesnt play well.

Champ Bailey's flaws - Costing the broncos 9+ million dollars a year, inability to get to a superbowl this year, inability to carry a team on his back and win a game when rest of team doesnt play well.

etc. etc. etc.

Every player has flaws about them should we get ridd of all of them? You decide
                    Last edited by Return of Lava; 02-04-2006, 08:47 PM.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBroncsFan
                      It just never ends... (sigh)

Big Ben was a FIRST YEAR QB last year. It doesn't get any better than that.

Comparing Jake to Steve Young now?! This just gets better and better.

So, now he's been compared (statistically or otherwise) to Manning, Farve, Brady, Culpepper, ELWAY and now Steve Young?

Oh, and QBs do help the D. By not going 3 and Out, INT, Fumbles...
                      That is only because you won't let it go. (sigh)

BEN is a rare bird and BTW a top ten draft choice something DEN has not had since 1983 when Elway was drafted #1 and 1991 croel #4 next best was #15 twice. So unless you know something that the rest of us don't about getting a top QB in the draft. QUIT WHINNING about all the other QB that Jake is compared with. Considering his relatively low draft position he does pretty damned good.

Y'all act like he was a top ten choice and is not working out.

He has been compared to everyone listed because of a few fail to grasp that while he is not the best QB in the history of the NFL he is pretty damned good.

Some of you will not listen to facts only worry about his appearance and his few fopaws.

Still not realizing that John is gone and will never be a QB anymore. Once you let go of him and greasy it is easier to get on with your life.

BTW defenses do help by not letting the opposing offense to stay on the field for ever, not letting them converting 3rd and long all day, not letting them run up the score to a point that the offense has no ability to stay with them.

Jake is not the only person on the field to have added to the problem.
                      Last edited by Jrhampton; 02-04-2006, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Let's bring them back up...
                        Here's one that WE were around to see.....

WHICH WAY ELWAY?????
                        I believe it was on the front cover of SI......
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I certainly want Jake to succeed and take us to the next level, but...
                          There's that word again.......
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X