Marcellus Wiley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcellus Wiley

Marcellus Wiley was released by the Chargers yesterday. Since we have yet to sign Bert Berry or Reggie Hayward do you think Denver might make a run at him for cheap or do you think that he is not even worth a look?

I've always liked/feared Wiley...besides Rodney Harrison, he's the other defensive player that stood out on the Charger defense...

If we could get him cheap...cool. It's a possibility since Wiley probably now has a bad taste in his mouth for the Chargers. What a sweet revenge it would be to get signed by a SB-bound AFC West rival!

Helluva idea there DP...
    Last edited by TxBroncoFan; 03-03-2004, 03:40 AM.

Comment

You know I seen it on the ESPN ticker yesterday and you beat me to the punch, it would be nice to get Marcellus Wiley, he's a beast and could really supplment our defense I say we take a knack at him.
      sigpic
      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Yea I hope he isn't looking for a huge contract now. I hope that he would take less money to sign with a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
          Yea I hope he isn't looking for a huge contract now. I hope that he would take less money to sign with a contender.
          Just like any aging talented player who has been stuck on bad teams. All they want is the ring, not the money.
          Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
            Just like any aging talented player who has been stuck on bad teams. All they want is the ring, not the money.
            Well he knows where to go. If he wants that ring he'll be in Blue & Orange next season.

Comment

Re: Marcellus Wiley

Marcellus Wiley was released by the Chargers yesterday. Since we have yet to sign Bert Berry or Reggie Hayward do you think Denver might make a run at him for cheap or do you think that he is not even worth a look?
              actually we gave hayward an offer of 1.2 mil or something like that. If another team decides to offer more we have the option to match, and if we don't match we get their 1st round draft pick.
              Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Re: Marcellus Wiley

Originally posted by rascal
                actually we gave hayward an offer of 1.2 mil or something like that. If another team decides to offer more we have the option to match, and if we don't match we get their 1st round draft pick.
                I didn't know that. That's good, but that probably means we won't try to re-sign Bert Berry then. I think Hayward has more of an upside, but I don't know if he is ready to play everydown yet.

Comment

Re: Marcellus Wiley

Just a little correction here, Hayward has been resigned.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

whoa

when did this happen
                    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Don't know how much Wiley was making last year, but his cap $ was almost $10m.
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                        Don't know how much Wiley was making last year, but his cap $ was almost $10m.
                        Damn, forget that then. We don't need him that bad.

Comment

Re: Re: Marcellus Wiley

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          Just a little correction here, Hayward has been resigned.
                          Im pretty sure (3/3/04) that Hayward has only been tendered an offer, he has not signed anything yet. We have to see if another teams matches the offer we made him first.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Marcellus Wiley

Originally posted by plummer16
                            Im pretty sure (3/3/04) that Hayward has only been tendered an offer, he has not signed anything yet. We have to see if another teams matches the offer we made him first.
                            That is correct, but I don't think anyone will be willing to give up their 1st round pick to sign him, unless they desperately need a DE.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Marcellus Wiley

That is correct, but I don't think anyone will be willing to give up their 1st round pick to sign him, unless they desperately need a DE.

A draft pick ONLY comes into play if denver doesn't decide to match. That being said, after thinking about it, yeh....you're right. My bad!!! LOL
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X