No announcement yet.

Marcellus Wiley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe wiley sees the team we have put n r still putting together he'd sign a 1 or 2yr deal w/ us for a reasonable price.....

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
      maybe wiley sees the team we have put n r still putting together he'd sign a 1 or 2yr deal w/ us for a reasonable price.....
      That would be great wouldn't it. He would be a great addition to this already improved D. It would also give our young DE's more time to develop as well.
      Last edited by DPg2003; 03-03-2004, 05:58 PM.

Comment

There's another rumor going around. This one is that the Redskins have now signed Wiley. I haven't seen or heard anything of the sort so anyone varify or squash this sickening rumor?

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
          Damn, forget that then. We don't need him that bad.
          As we have seen with Bailey it's all about structuring the contract to minimize the cap problem. Sundquist said that Bailey was actually affecting the cap less than other rostered players???
          This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JED Bronco
            As we have seen with Bailey it's all about structuring the contract to minimize the cap problem. Sundquist said that Bailey was actually affecting the cap less than other rostered players???
            Yea he's only 2.5 mill against the cap this season, and only(yea I know) an average of 9 mill a year, aside from all the bonuses and incentives.

Comment

i also saw that wiley was let go yesterday. He would be great here, pryce on one side him on the other and maybe get a stud d lineman in the draft and wed be set on d. I havent heard anything about washington signing him either but have read rumors about it on this message board. I know they signed cornelius bennet. I think thats his name cant remember. Also brackens from the jaguars is available now too at de. Id like to see us get warrick holdman from the bears if gold leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Portis2280
                i also saw that wiley was let go yesterday. He would be great here, pryce on one side him on the other and maybe get a stud d lineman in the draft and wed be set on d. I havent heard anything about washington signing him either but have read rumors about it on this message board. I know they signed cornelius bennet. I think thats his name cant remember. Also brackens from the jaguars is available now too at de. Id like to see us get warrick holdman from the bears if gold leaves.
                I would definitely like to see Wiley in Blue & Orange if we can't re-sign Berry. Wiley is more of a power rusher and run stopper, but he has shown speed too and I think he would be an upgrade over Berry if he doesn't cost too much.

I wouldn't mind Holdman either if we can't re-sign Gold, but I like Gold more. Gold just needs to come to his senses on his asking price.

The DT the Redskins signed was Corneilus Griffin. They have already added 5 new player to their roster. Anybody wanna guess the # they will stop at? I'm saying 10(not including the draft).

I think Brackens is too injury prone to dump money on. He hasn't played that much the last 3 years, but he was dominant when he was healthy.

Comment

Let's talk about a DE who is a free agent shall we.

Marcellus Wiley- UFA

Micheal Strahan- Under a huge contract

Comment

Wiley

He'll be a Redskin!!

Comment

Re: Wiley

Originally posted by BallHogg
                      He'll be a Redskin!!
                      I hope not. They've already signed a DE, do they really need Wiley too? That's just plain greedy. Why don't the Redskins ever try to improve in the draft?

Comment

Re: Wiley

Originally posted by BallHogg
                        He'll be a Redskin!!
                        I seriously doubt it. If Synder spends all the cap money on FA's how will he ever sign any draft picks?
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: Re: Wiley

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          I seriously doubt it. If Synder spends all the cap money on FA's how will he ever sign any draft picks?
                          Yea, and he signed another LB yesterday too.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                            Just like any aging talented player who has been stuck on bad teams. All they want is the ring, not the money.
                            not yet aging. Turning 29 soon. Probably at his physical peak.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                              not yet aging. Turning 29 soon. Probably at his physical peak.
                              Not to be anal, but he's just turned 29 in November of last year. I agree though, he is just reaching his prime. If he's not too much money I would love to see him in Blue & Orange this season.

Comment

Didn't he sign with Reds?
                                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X