X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPg2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    Plus, he is probably one of the smartest players in the NFL.

I have no idea what he will ask for. He had a good first season in SD, but then had some injuries and had only 9 sacks combined the last 2 season. I was kind of shocked that the Chargers just released him, and didn't ask him to re-structure for less money. Yet, they gave Tim Dwight and new contract??????

Freeakin chargers.....

Oh yeah, they also re-signed 41 year old Flutie to a 3 year deal.

I like Flutie, I do. But he gets a 3 year deal and a 29 year old DE with some good years left gets released?

looks like another looooooooong season for Marty.
    Yea, I was shocked when I heard they had just cut him. I had to check for myself. I know it's just wishful thinking, but I would like to see him here next season.

And I can't figure out that Flutie contract either. They must want him to work with Eli, if they draft him.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Didn't he sign with Reds?
    Damn, he plays baseball too?

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by DPg2003
    Not to be anal, but he's just turned 29 in November of last year. I agree though, he is just reaching his prime. If he's not too much money I would love to see him in Blue & Orange this season.

Plus, he is probably one of the smartest players in the NFL.

I have no idea what he will ask for. He had a good first season in SD, but then had some injuries and had only 9 sacks combined the last 2 season. I was kind of shocked that the Chargers just released him, and didn't ask him to re-structure for less money. Yet, they gave Tim Dwight and new contract??????

Freeakin chargers.....

Oh yeah, they also re-signed 41 year old Flutie to a 3 year deal.

I like Flutie, I do. But he gets a 3 year deal and a 29 year old DE with some good years left gets released?

looks like another looooooooong season for Marty.

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Naw, it's just a rumor going around. I hope he isn't even talking to them.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    not yet aging. Turning 29 soon. Probably at his physical peak.
    Not to be anal, but he's just turned 29 in November of last year. I agree though, he is just reaching his prime. If he's not too much money I would love to see him in Blue & Orange this season.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosbeast
    Just like any aging talented player who has been stuck on bad teams. All they want is the ring, not the money.
    not yet aging. Turning 29 soon. Probably at his physical peak.

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Re: Re: Wiley

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I seriously doubt it. If Synder spends all the cap money on FA's how will he ever sign any draft picks?
    Yea, and he signed another LB yesterday too.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Wiley

Originally posted by BallHogg
    He'll be a Redskin!!
    I seriously doubt it. If Synder spends all the cap money on FA's how will he ever sign any draft picks?

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Re: Wiley

Originally posted by BallHogg
    He'll be a Redskin!!
    I hope not. They've already signed a DE, do they really need Wiley too? That's just plain greedy. Why don't the Redskins ever try to improve in the draft?

Leave a comment:

• BallHogg
    replied
    Wiley

He'll be a Redskin!!

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Let's talk about a DE who is a free agent shall we.

Marcellus Wiley- UFA

Micheal Strahan- Under a huge contract

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Portis2280
    i also saw that wiley was let go yesterday. He would be great here, pryce on one side him on the other and maybe get a stud d lineman in the draft and wed be set on d. I havent heard anything about washington signing him either but have read rumors about it on this message board. I know they signed cornelius bennet. I think thats his name cant remember. Also brackens from the jaguars is available now too at de. Id like to see us get warrick holdman from the bears if gold leaves.
    I would definitely like to see Wiley in Blue & Orange if we can't re-sign Berry. Wiley is more of a power rusher and run stopper, but he has shown speed too and I think he would be an upgrade over Berry if he doesn't cost too much.

I wouldn't mind Holdman either if we can't re-sign Gold, but I like Gold more. Gold just needs to come to his senses on his asking price.

The DT the Redskins signed was Corneilus Griffin. They have already added 5 new player to their roster. Anybody wanna guess the # they will stop at? I'm saying 10(not including the draft).

I think Brackens is too injury prone to dump money on. He hasn't played that much the last 3 years, but he was dominant when he was healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Portis2280
    replied
    i also saw that wiley was let go yesterday. He would be great here, pryce on one side him on the other and maybe get a stud d lineman in the draft and wed be set on d. I havent heard anything about washington signing him either but have read rumors about it on this message board. I know they signed cornelius bennet. I think thats his name cant remember. Also brackens from the jaguars is available now too at de. Id like to see us get warrick holdman from the bears if gold leaves.

Leave a comment:

• DPg2003
    replied
    Originally posted by JED Bronco
    As we have seen with Bailey it's all about structuring the contract to minimize the cap problem. Sundquist said that Bailey was actually affecting the cap less than other rostered players???
    Yea he's only 2.5 mill against the cap this season, and only(yea I know) an average of 9 mill a year, aside from all the bonuses and incentives.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X